collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Postage Questions US to UK  (Read 997 times)

koolkaci86

• Trade Count: (0)
Postage Questions US to UK
« on: April 01, 2012, 06:12:42 AM »
Haven't had problems as of yet but wasn't sure where else to post. After several years off I am looking to build up a small collection again YAY!

I was just wondering how international shipping costs are for 1-2 MLP from the USA or Europe. I keep browsing the for sale section here and trying to find UK sellers but there aren't as many. When I look on Ebay international shipping seems really expensive. But I was just wondering roughly what most US sellers charge UKers postage wise. I have seen some truly gorgeous MLP but I keep thinking the shipping will be too much. Could any people with experience let me know

Offline ristvak

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Postage Questions US to UK
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 07:02:59 AM »
It really depends on what kind of MLP you're getting.
I just weighed 2 G1s (A secrect surprise and then a secret surprise & a big brother, which is really kind of a "worst case scenario" for G1s) and it looks like shipping would be $6 - $10 going First Class.
If you haven't received feedback from me, give me a nudge!

koolkaci86

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 10:16:55 AM »
I just weighed 2 G1s (A secrect surprise and then a secret surprise & a big brother, which is really kind of a "worst case scenario" for G1s) and it looks like shipping would be $6 - $10 going First Class.

Thank you. Oooh that's not half as bad as I thought. Some Ebay quotes range in the $20-30 mark. I would only be wanting G1s :)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 11:45:13 AM »

Thank you. Oooh that's not half as bad as I thought. Some Ebay quotes range in the $20-30 mark. I would only be wanting G1s :)

Sometimes people only ship Priority Mail international. Priority Mail international is so expensive it's insane! I am so jealous of you brits with you royal mail that has tracking for such a low price.

But if you can find someone that ships first class international it will be around the quote that was given to you.

Offline ristvak

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »
Yeah ebay probably has higher prices marked because you can't track first class packages internationally, and ebay is plagued with people that know about and abuse that fact =/

Honestly if you're buying from the forums it'll come down to what the seller is comfortable with. Most will ship first class no problem, but there are others that have started leaning towards "priority only" shipping terms.
If you haven't received feedback from me, give me a nudge!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 03:11:45 PM »
I think the reason you see such high shipping is because ebay does not cover sellers unless it is posted Priority International.  So if the package goes missing and the buyer files a dispute, ebay automatically sides with the buyer if it is shipped First Class.  And most of your sellers are just small time people and can't afford to take a loss on items, so they choose Priority.

But to answer your question about cost  :)

I can ship one pon.y at approx. 4 ounces for $5.34 and two at approx. 8 ounces for $8.46.  But also note the price can differ between sellers if they charge a small handling fee or what not but that is a pretty good estimate of what it costs.

Hope that helps!

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 07:21:21 PM »
Welcome back to pony collecting :cheer: :hug: :frolic: :lovey:
Normally the  shipping prices charged by members here are nowhere near as expensive as those on ebay since a lot will still ship first class, and they dont charge crazy high handling fees-  so dont worry ;)  Shipping from the US to the UK first class is usually pretty reasonable . If you do buy a more expensive pony/ponies it would probably still be best to pay the extra for priority with tracking though to protect you and the seller  :awake:
Australia is normally pretty reasonable shipping to the UK - I think around $10-$12 for 1 or 2 ponies together
Canada is more expensive to ship from than the US and Aus.
Europe is more difficult to quote prices for since the costs vary from country to country. Some places are reasonable, but others can be expensive, so dont be surprised if there are big differences in prices from sellers  even in countries that seem close to each other  :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

koolkaci86

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 07:23:01 AM »
Thanks guys :) Time to pop over to the for sale section and get me some ponies :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal