collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A problem with...my own auction?  (Read 564 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
A problem with...my own auction?
« on: February 14, 2014, 08:55:37 AM »
So, last week I put up a small lot for sale on ebay of common g1s. I took photos and gave a brief description of each pony and started it cheap - I mostly just want to clear inventory and make some cash for an upcoming trip.

I got the flu this week  :( and so was perusing Ebay for fun. Saw my own auction and clicked through to see how my pictures looked. To my surprise as I enlarged the pics, it looks like my Bluebell has two small  brown dots! I went to check her out and sure enough, the flash revealed two small areas of discoloration that I hadn't seen before :shocked: They might be developing cancer - they are faint but not coming off :cry:

The problem is that I described her as being lovely, which I thought she was, and people have already bid. So, what is the most ethical way to handle this? Should I cancel the auction? Or just update the description? I don't have another Bluebell to offer and I don't want anyone to be disappointed. I've never cancelled an auction before and am not sure what happens if People have already bid.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A problem with...my own auction?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 09:34:24 AM »
I would cancel bids and re-list with the updated faults. Maybe drop a note to the previous bidders on why and what is wrong with the pony. They can bid again if they are still interested.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 04:12:20 AM »
I agree that would be the best course of action. Kudos to you for wanting to sort it for your bidders! And I'm sorry your pony has these issues you weren't aware of, it's never nice to find that out, had the same thing myself with ponies I thought were NM x

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 06:24:19 AM »
I would cancel bids and re-list with the updated faults. Maybe drop a note to the previous bidders on why and what is wrong with the pony. They can bid again if they are still interested.

This is exactly what I would do and also suggest doing. I am sure your bidders will understand and be thankful for your honesty.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 07:12:43 PM »
Well, I went to cancel and Ebay wouldn't let me since there was less than 12 hours to go :huh: It also wouldn't let me edit my description, even though the directions said that it would. >_<

So, I had no choice but to let it run. Now that it's over  i contacted the buyer and offered three choices: 1. Cancel the sale 2. Send them on and give a 4.00 refund or 3. I can send pics of a few other g1s that I have and they can choose another pony.

Does that seem fair? I hope they aren't too disappointed :huh:

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 05:10:39 AM »
I didn't even think about asking you how much time was left?  :(

I think those are more than fair options that you have come up with. I know I myself would be happy with either the second or third. Hopefully your buyer will be understanding and think so too.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 07:53:08 AM »
Contact the winner and explain that you noticed the spots after it was too late to cancel the auction. I would offer to let them bow out if they don't want the pony. If they still want her, tell them you're going to apply a small discount for the inconvenience. Hopefully that will make them happy and you'll get positive feedback.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 08:51:57 AM »
Contact the winner and explain that you noticed the spots after it was too late to cancel the auction. I would offer to let them bow out if they don't want the pony. If they still want her, tell them you're going to apply a small discount for the inconvenience. Hopefully that will make them happy and you'll get positive feedback.

She already did  :)

So, I had no choice but to let it run. Now that it's over  i contacted the buyer and offered three choices: 1. Cancel the sale 2. Send them on and give a 4.00 refund or 3. I can send pics of a few other g1s that I have and they can choose another pony.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 04:13:44 AM »
Well, I went to cancel and Ebay wouldn't let me since there was less than 12 hours to go :huh: It also wouldn't let me edit my description, even though the directions said that it would. >_<

That was the right thing to do and its definitely fair on your buyer so dont worry.  Its a pain when things happen unexpectedly and ebay wont let you add or change anything, but at least you've been open with your buyer and I think they will appreciate it :bigups:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal