collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you sell on facebook?  (Read 835 times)

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Do you sell on facebook?
« on: February 22, 2015, 03:25:31 PM »
Does anyone here sell on any of the pony face book pages? If yes, what are your experiences doing so? Do items seem to go fast on there? Any issues? thanks for any feed back!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
Re: Do you sell on facebook?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 07:33:18 PM »
I've sold a few ponies on there, but it can get overwhelming when you get multiple people messaging you different questions and have to keep on there a while to answer everyone. It can get tiring, lol! I would advise only listing a few items at a time to see if any interest before listing more. Then you have to make sure you're being fair by answering the first person who asked about the item first if more than one person shows interest in the same item. Then of course there are those that don't get back with you after you've gone through the trouble of getting extra pictures and descriptions, lol! But that's everywhere, not just Facebook. I recently had a girl ask me about selling her ponies cheaper than what I had priced because she was only getting lunch money. Turns out she was an underage member and got booted so be sure to check feedback before committing to sales. This is my experience anyway.

PNW0611

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 07:50:58 PM »
Are there special MLP Facebook selling/buying groups, or are you just talking about general groups?

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 12:08:47 AM »
I've sold and bought on pony facebook groups (and other hobby/fandom groups) and have had positive expierences. Only once have I had a bad customer ("why won't you work with me, I'm in the hospital, you're horrible and inconsiderate, etc" but she was a chronic bad buyer I found out). Find a group you like, read the rules carefully, and carefully state yourself. Cover everything.

Myself, for example:
No trades, paypal ONLY, smoke-free/pet-friendly home, shipping includes tracking not optional, ships in bubble envelopes unless requested others, buyers pay for shipping  ETC

Are there special MLP Facebook selling/buying groups, or are you just talking about general groups?
There are a few MLP buy/sell groups on facebook!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 04:05:24 AM »
Thing to note - if someone not on your friends' list PMs you, it will go into your "other" inbox folder and FB will not notify you. Found this out the hard way :lol: (though the guy had ignored I was only shipping within the UK so...)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 07:17:54 AM »
Thank you guys for the tips and feed back=). CupidStrikes, that's a great thing to point out! I always forget about the "other" inbox folder .

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 07:29:29 AM »
I have had many positive experiences buying and selling ponies on FB.  I admin one selling page.  Yes we do have certain unscrupulous sellers and buyers who seek to cause trouble, but in the main, they are very good.

Excercise caution when paying. Some sellers ask for paypal payment as "Gift" option, if you know and trust them then fine, but its not really advised. If they are really pushy about it you can refuse the sale or offer to add a small percentage to cover the fee, then you will be covered by paypal should the worst happen.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 08:12:00 AM »
Good tips so far. The one thing I would add is BE SPECIFIC about how you want people to contact you.

I have had people get upset because they made a vague comment on a picture and assumed that they had 'claimed' the item for themselves as they were the first comment and the item did not say sold yet. But someone else had  PMed me around the same time and so they were the first buyer.

When I post things for sale I always specify now that people need to MESSAGE me. I will not honor comments or claims on photos. Messages only. That way it's fair and there's no question of who got to it first.

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 08:16:21 AM »
It's great!! i love to sell and buy on facebook.
1. Its easier to talk to people live ...then here.
2. Its so easy to show Pictures, here you need photobucket...
3. You can ask and get a answer more Quick then here... because facebook is a Place i go to often.

so sell and buy, its great!! and you got a face and a real name, most of the times..
here its just a nickname..

i like to sell here but.. its better on face.

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 10:53:07 AM »
I'm also completely new to the concept of buying, selling on Facebook but I'm really interested in trying it out! Can anyone name some of the groups they use so I can take a look and see what it's all about? :)
Thanks!
Silverdawn

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 11:02:53 AM »
There is so many Groups.. just search :) but my Little pony - extras for sale is a good place

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 11:05:18 AM »
I sold a bunch of those G1 Starshine mugs and hot chocolate combos on Facebook back in December.  It was my first and only time selling, but the response was so quick and the people who bought from me were very cooperative!

Also, if you request that people message you when selling, make sure they let you know in the comments under your original post that they've sent you a message.  Unless you're friends with them, you won't see the message.  It'll be in your "other" box.

'For the Love of My Little Pony' is perhaps one of my favorite groups, and all they ask is that you contact the page owner before selling.  She'll set up a spot for people to leave feedback for you, etc.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 11:31:27 AM »
I've traded fakies once and it went well enough but I am still nervous about trading if the value is too high tho. It's one thing to be out less than $5 but another thing to be out $50.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 12:20:51 PM »
Nope, and I wouldn't either, because if something goes wrong, you don't have the support network and back up the Arena offers! ;)

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 03:29:28 PM »
No! I tried it a few times and it was awful. I was basically getting harassed with no support system to help get it taken care of. I sell online in other collecting communities on FB. Pony people though nope gave up on that. IT was an awful experience so much so is rather sell on EBay and that is saying a lot.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal