collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons  (Read 39862 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2020, 09:05:46 AM »
I'm hoping for more furniture to come out in the updates, I was thinking more in terms of what to unlock...we know Nooks Cranny has the one expansion but is that it? Can I invite Kicks and Label to stay in my town? :/
Also, I thought the Earth day update would be here by now, I didn't know it meant Earth day update.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2020, 09:57:52 AM »
I'm hoping for more furniture to come out in the updates, I was thinking more in terms of what to unlock...we know Nooks Cranny has the one expansion but is that it? Can I invite Kicks and Label to stay in my town? :/
Also, I thought the Earth day update would be here by now, I didn't know it meant Earth day update.

Yeah, the game is certainly due for updates. I really hope that's all it is, that they plan to bring everything back through updates. It will feel more like we're playing The Sims than Animal Crossing, but TBH, it's that kind of thing that keeps me coming back to a game for years on end. So IF the plan is really to gradually bring back more things, then it might play out very well for me. New Leaf was a fantastic game, but I stopped playing it after a month, because I'd done everything that I could already do (aside from holidays and seasonal fish/bugs, of course).

We still know so little about that update with Earth Day. I wonder how they're going to announce the details, or if it'll just come up on us and hey, new features!

EDIT: Wow, Earth Day is only three days away.

|My Collection|

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2020, 12:44:01 PM »

I've been a time traveller since I played WW in 2007, and yes, there is only one Nook's Cranny upgrade.

Spoiler
However, in June (?) another spot opens up in the lower left corner of the shop where they will stock an additional item, so you get 6 items per day instead of 5. However as far as I can tell, it's only ever a surfboard or a fan. Not sure if it's different for other people or if it will ever change. Maybe it will change in July? I'm fixing to find out. Maybe it's a seasonal thing?

I want Lief to come back more than Kicks or Label, so I hope they can make room for him in the shop in a future update...

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2020, 02:40:45 PM »
It's felt super repetitive to me, but that's because I spent a solid week catching up my new island to be at the same place.

I hate the thought of debt and now I'm at the point it will take me daaays to pay off my loans and it drives me up the wall.

I realize though, I really like playing this game more so with friends. So, playing mostly solo makes me think I won't play for long as last time. When new leaf was around this forum was more active and everyone helped me build my island with favorite characters (pretty much deer-island, lol). One member in particular built a hamster island, so I think of her when I have both Apple and Flurry.

I remember playing new leaf for quite awhile to get the little pictures of my favorite animals. I'm not sure if that happens in this game? And then I stopped the game at the point where I knew my animals would never, ever leave. So they are stuck in time. lol.

But I'm pretty much out of luck getting my favorite characters in New Horizons because I didn't really have the foresight to get all of the amiibo cards when they were cheap, and I probably will never get my faves back in my town. u_u; that makes me sad. Although at least I have Fauna...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 02:43:25 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2020, 03:25:48 PM »
I remember playing new leaf for quite awhile to get the little pictures of my favorite animals. I'm not sure if that happens in this game?

Yes, that feature returned. You can also get posters of them to hang on your walls, but that doesn't require a friendship like the pictures do, just going to Harv's island and popping them up there will unlock them.

I believe the picture feature remains the same. Although I've only seen very few reports of it happening, it did return.

|My Collection|

Offline tiggerkitn25

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+186)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2020, 05:49:24 PM »
Hey ladies!

My daughter started playing this game last week.  She's a very mature 13 year old.  She is currently looking for apples, peaches, and bamboo.  She's also interested in any flowers except Mums, lol.  She has oranges and the other fruits if people need those. 

I'm wondering if she can get a code or two to visit you all?  She's tried several of the mystery islands and had no luck.  And maybe we can compare turnip prices if you all are interested in that.

Also, we've never visited any other players islands so etiquette tips would be good too.  I have no idea how to find her code to give to you either?  Any help or ideas would be appreciated. =)  Thanks!

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2020, 06:30:14 PM »
Hey ladies!

My daughter started playing this game last week.  She's a very mature 13 year old.  She is currently looking for apples, peaches, and bamboo.  She's also interested in any flowers except Mums, lol.  She has oranges and the other fruits if people need those. 

I'm wondering if she can get a code or two to visit you all?  She's tried several of the mystery islands and had no luck.  And maybe we can compare turnip prices if you all are interested in that.

Also, we've never visited any other players islands so etiquette tips would be good too.  I have no idea how to find her code to give to you either?  Any help or ideas would be appreciated. =)  Thanks!
I have one of each fruit! My code is in my signature. You can get her code by tapping her profile picture on the Switch's menu screen, one of the options will get her code. You either need her code to give to us, or just to send us friend requests on her switch.
Etiquette is pretty easy: be nice, don't run over the flowers...the game disables shovels and axes by default so it's hard to destroy a town. Also, you might want to get the Switch Online app so she can type faster than the in-game keyboard can for chats.
I should have some bamboo as well, I'll have to check for shoots!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2020, 06:45:21 PM »
I remember playing new leaf for quite awhile to get the little pictures of my favorite animals. I'm not sure if that happens in this game?

Yes, that feature returned. You can also get posters of them to hang on your walls, but that doesn't require a friendship like the pictures do, just going to Harv's island and popping them up there will unlock them.

I believe the picture feature remains the same. Although I've only seen very few reports of it happening, it did return.

Ah cool.
As I said, last time that was my "goal" of the game -- to get the little photos of everyone I liked.

Hey ladies!

I'm happy to have her visit. :)
I have a stack of peaches I could give, some bamboo, and i have seeds for hyacinths, tulips, and windflowers. 

I'm out of apples atm, but they'll grow again in a few days.

Etiquette might depend person-to-person. Usually, for me, it's don't run in the flowers. And don't cut down trees or dig flowers without permission.

The switch code is somewhere in the main switch settings. I think you can just use a dodo-code too if you aren't switch friends, from what I understand. :) 

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2020, 08:57:44 PM »
I've had one villager give me his picture, Pierce. Pierce was a starter villager, and I liked him, but we didn't have a very high friendship level. Of ALL characters, Pierce? Bianca and Punchy are my closest friends in the game right now and they haven't given me anything yet...

Spoiler
Regarding updates, the game, apparently, has some interesting stuff going on, according to a datamine.

Spoiler
Including Redd returning selling authentic and counterfeit art, a cafe with a Gyroid section, bushes, and... vegetables! I am SO excited for vegetables if we actually get them! I've been wanting them but I didn't know how realistic it would be to expect them. :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:23:31 PM by Ragamuffin »

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2020, 05:47:21 AM »
The datamine news keeps me moving forward! It makes sense for not everything to be unlocked within the first month and therefore hidden to us... But the weekly gameplay loop needs some changing up.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2020, 07:03:42 AM »
Spoiler
ooooh, the datamine sounds really interesting :O

Have they said anything about Digby and/or Lyle yet? They're my favourite NPCs.

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2020, 01:23:01 PM »
Spoiler
ooooh, the datamine sounds really interesting :O

Have they said anything about Digby and/or Lyle yet? They're my favourite NPCs.

Spoiler
Not yet. I'm hoping for DLC (hey, it can be a free update too!) down the road that's like Happy Home Designer, being able to redesign villagers' homes and such. A house-related DLC like that would be perfect for Digby and Lyle!

Offline tiggerkitn25

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+186)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2020, 04:04:18 PM »
Okay, thanks for the help!  I'll have her try to send friend requests tonight while I'm home.  Her in game name is KayKay.

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2020, 06:57:17 AM »
Sooo, the new update has been detailed out!

I think a lot of us will be very pleased!

|My Collection|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2020, 06:59:30 AM »
Sooo, the new update has been detailed out!

I think a lot of us will be very pleased!

lol, was just coming here to post that.

@tiggerkitn25  -- let me know when I can open my gates for your daughter :)  whatever day or time should be ok, cuz I'm stuck inside anyway. haha.. <_<;
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 07:01:24 AM by banditpony »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal