collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Toyline Only Ponies/Non-Ponies you'd have put in the show  (Read 537 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Toyline Only Ponies/Non-Ponies you'd have put in the show
« on: May 13, 2013, 10:22:26 AM »
Because all but one generation has a toyline and a television series; every toyline has some ponies (as well as non-ponies) that never appeared in the matching TV series ever.  This is basically a thread for those toys, and to ask if there are any that you would have liked to have been included on TV.  Feel free to give a reason if you have one and want to give one.

I'll probably think of far more eventually, but the one pony that instantly springs to mind is Majesty, a G1 pony who appeared in not one single episode (though she is still in the comics) despite the fact that she is obviously a very important pony, and the fact that Dream Castle clearly exists in the show.

I would have also liked to have seen at least some of the toys that were designed differently to have appeared as characters; such as the Twice as Fancy Ponies, or the Sparkle Ponies.  I'm also curious to see how the Pony Friends (a group of non-pony animals like a lion and a zebra) would have been used if they had appeared.

I don't know why I didn't think of this, but I suppose anypony from the G2 toyline could be added to this list, right?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:34:47 PM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Toyline Only Ponies/Non-Ponies you'd have put in the show
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »
I just want to see my Flitterheart in the show. :c I haven't managed to catch a glimpse of her yet! But fingers crossed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:40:44 AM »
For me, Princess Skyla! I really love her design, I hope she isnt one of those characters they make in a toyline and never appear on the show. They may have made up her as some vector for the toyline, princess things sell well in toys. Season 4 is in the making and the whole 'princess' theme seems to still be popular, so theres hope! I have always imagined her being Cadance/ Shining Armor's daughter or a Celestia relative in baby form.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:46:02 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 11:10:17 AM »
For me, Princess Skyla! I really love her design, I hope she isnt one of those characters they make in a toyline and never appear on the show. They may have made up her as some vector for the toyline, princess things sell well in toys. Season 4 is in the making and the whole 'princess' theme seems to still be popular, so theres hope! I have always imagined her being Cadance/ Shining Armor's daughter or a Celestia relative in baby form.
My boyfriend's theory is, since the pony wedding mirrored the British royal wedding, and we're not too far off from a British royal baby...! :D You may get your wish!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 11:17:53 AM »
Princess Skyla! And she better be Cadance's daughter :P

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 01:40:43 PM »
Dewdrop Dazzle. I always loved her bright colors.
Fim ponies can be a bit bland color-wise.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 01:45:54 PM »
I like the idea of some ponies never making it to the show.  That way they have whatever personality and voice I want. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 01:55:45 PM »
I think the only time you see Majesty is when the ponies flee from Dream Castle when the smooze comes and covers it.

I agree with what Brightberry says about being able to give ponies the personalities you want. Although I do like some of the personalities already made in the show.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 02:42:15 PM »
My boyfriend's theory is, since the pony wedding mirrored the British royal wedding, and we're not too far off from a British royal baby...! :D You may get your wish!

Squeeee that is a very good theory! ^-^ I completely forgot Kate was expecting! Thank you so much! I hope Flitterheart makes it into the show too someday! Her and Honeybuzz!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 03:02:29 AM »
Its a tough question because so many of the G1 ponies appear in the comics that I dont think I would need them expanded on within the cartoon. Although as a toy collector, the shows are very much secondary to me but I agree the idea of the pony friends being featured, especially Cutesaurus, would have been amazing!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Binny

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 04:03:55 AM »
Sparkle ponies for sure. Also hi MJNSEIFER!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 03:28:55 PM »
I think the only time you see Majesty is when the ponies flee from Dream Castle when the smooze comes and covers it.
Wow, really?  I'll have to check out the movie when I can.  Thanks.

I like the idea of some ponies never making it to the show.  That way they have whatever personality and voice I want. 
Quote from: ravengusty
I agree with what Brightberry says about being able to give ponies the personalities you want. Although I do like some of the personalities already made in the show.
I can see what you mean here, and it makes sense to me; it is kind of good to imagine what they'd be like (which is what I would have done if I had toys, I'm certain).

Although it's very tempting to create fan-material for them if you're anything like me.  I'm not going to go into massive detail now, (partly because it's only just staying on topic, and partly because I'm being careful how much I reveal - even though I'm sure I can trust the people here) but I'm in the process of creating a fanseries based on My Little Pony which will feature cameos from characters from all generations; including those that were only toys, so in a sense, that is what I will be doing - they will be my own personal interpretation of those characters (though for some, the back card stories will be a guide).

Its a tough question because so many of the G1 ponies appear in the comics that I dont think I would need them expanded on within the cartoon. Although as a toy collector, the shows are very much secondary to me but I agree the idea of the pony friends being featured, especially Cutesaurus, would have been amazing!
I see.  The sad thing is, I haven't really read that many comics, just the odd few that have appeared scanned online; like the baby ponies one, and the twinkle-eyed ponies one, but I am on the lookout for them so I'll see which ponies are used.  I wonder why the Friends weren't used anyway...

Sparkle ponies for sure. Also hi MJNSEIFER!
Hi, good to see you here. :hug:
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal