collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nightmare in Italy-solved!  (Read 1483 times)

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Nightmare in Italy-solved!
« on: January 26, 2016, 04:40:12 AM »
Hello!
I think we should have the good, but also bad.
The January 9 sent a pony to a member arena. I sent by certified, as always.
I had to claim that he seemed to be lost at the office of Spain, after claim, rightly, the next day out package for Italy,   :blink: and comes.
But the buyer (and stating that I trust him) tells me that it is now open, with nothing inside package.
Usually when ponies are expensive shipping box is not in bubble envelope, so the ponies are safer, at least I think so. I will reclamaral postal service, but I'm very sorry that I have never had any problems with the postal service. :cry: :cry:
Definitely not make any more deliveries to Italy.
And also unlucky, as the buyer made me pay paypal as friends rather than as purchase. I'll have to return the money, I trust his word, but it is very unpleasant for him and for me.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:28:22 PM by ladygodiva »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmare in Italy
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 04:56:27 AM »
Uggg..shipping to Italy is always a gamble. I have had some good experiences and also some very bad. I finally had to make the decision to no longer ship there, to risky. The bad was outweighing the good.

Anyways Italy post is notorious for incidents such as you described. So most likely your buyer is not telling you a fib.  :huh:

I want to strongly suggest in the future that you do not send payment as friends and family though. It is also against Paypal policies to do so, as you see you are left with no protection.

I do hope you and your buyer can come to some sort of resolution.  Keep us posted!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 07:45:03 AM »
How disappointing, for both of you :( I'm sorry.
It sounds like you are doing the right thing and taking care of your buyer. Keep on truckin'.

I have a couple countries that I simply won't ship to anymore - too many problems with the post, neither buyer's nor seller's fault.

Is there nothing the post office can do about it? In the USA, certified comes with some insurance. I would ask the buyer to take photos of the package and send you in case you can be reimbursed or open a case with the postal service.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 08:12:14 AM »
In Italy's case the problem is with customs. So I'm not sure the PO will do anything about it since they post warnings about shipping certain objects to this country. However, if insurance was purchased I would submit a claim to the post office to get your money.

Offline ladygodiva

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 12:19:21 PM »
I do not know what to think, perhaps stolen in Spain , not in Italy, the package was stopped at customs for almost 10 days.
Its rare
I put a claim in a post officce

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 12:41:49 PM »
Customs for Italy is the worst. Ten days is normal. They have a long list of what is not permitted and they open every package. Toys are not allowed unless they are made of wood I believe. Correct me if I am wrong, ponylady or Ringlets.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 01:25:21 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline ladygodiva

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 03:11:11 PM »
The package was not insured, although the certificate if carrying a small safe that I can claim, but I think that is the total amount.
I have taken the decision not to send Italy and will pack all packages to "deter" thieves. Would have to tear the paper, and there is the address, I do not think have taken the risk to open it.
I trust fully the buyer and always try to treat the buyer and I'd like to try me.

BlueRose,But if toys are not allowed, at least I could have been returned package.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 04:04:28 PM »
My guess is what happened is customs opened it and then didn't tape up the package very well and it fell out.

I don't know how Spain postage works but here if you don't buy insurance then you can't make a claim if it's lost.

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 08:07:13 PM »
I've shipped ponies twice to Italy. The first time postal service damaged the package, second was a replacement. No issues with that one but I know it's a country that pops up a lot with shipping problems. So it's definately off my list too now.
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 04:19:17 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I don't think its possible to know if the parcel was opened in Spain or Italy. I would definitely try to make a claim with the Post Office , although it would have been better with tracking and insurance.
I do not think that this situation is your fault or your buyer's fault, and I hope that both of you can work through this together
:hug:

Customs for Italy is the worst. Ten days is normal. They have a long list of what is not permitted and they open every package. Toys are not allowed unless they are made of wood I believe. Correct me if I am wrong, ponylady or Ringlets.

This is partly true. Toys are supposed to be restricted but customs are not strict and  I have shipped many toys all over Italy with no issues for years. There are not usually any problems within the EU. If you are shipping from the US , Australia, NZ, china etc then there is the issue with the customs form. If you want to avoid issues , you have to write figurine, or horse figure or something like that , just don't use the word "toy" ;)
As far as I am aware, they do not open all packages in Italian customs, though the item may be there for some time. None of mine have ever been opened. I send all my items with special gift wrap which the buyer knows is included so if the item arrived without , then they would have told me - and I completely seal all the box so it would literally have to be cut open as well.
If you send with tracking and insurance, usually there is no problem shipping to Italy from other parts of Europe. If you do not have tracking, delivery confirmation, insurance, then yes it is more likely that your parcel will go missing.
I always without exception, send even the cheapest items with tracking, delivery confirmation and insurance when it comes to shipping to Italy.   :awake:

Also I would advise never to use the Paypal gift option  as you lose your protection.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 04:04:36 PM »
Hi everyone.
I am the buyer and i am truly thankfull for allwhat LadyGodiva is doing to help the situation.
Definetly the package was not held by custom...as Spain and Italy are in the EU and unlike shipments from the US there areno controls or inspections on parcels shipped by airmail.
As LG said, it took an incredible long time for the parcel to leave Spain, wich is unusual.
I have opened a claim too and the case is under investigation.
The seller offered immediatly a refund, but, at least for the moment, i have declined it as i am still hoping for a solution.
I have used a gift payment because i fully trust her and she is really doing her best to help.
Hugs everyone.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:06:36 PM by SoSilver »

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline ladygodiva

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 05:29:11 PM »
In Spain the "normal certificate" has a little safe, but I think you repay about 30/35 euros. It is not the same as having separate insurance to the actual value. I also opened a case to post, they say it takes at most two months to reply. -_-
If it could would go to inspect the goods confiscated at customs if there was a pony. That gives impotence.
I give it the pony lost. I know I should have faith, but can not think.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 05:00:01 AM »
Thank you both for posting SoSilver and LadyGodiva :hug:  Im glad that you are both posting here and able to work together - you are both handling this the best way :bigups: . I hope that the post office will respond to the claim soon too. Please let us know how it goes 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ladygodiva

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmare in Italy-solved!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 03:34:18 PM »
At the end SoulSilver decided to send him another Indian pony (thank god I found several) decided to send it by express post that is more expensive and carries additional insurance. Sosilver and I paid half the shipping charge (it was quite expensive) but in the end came the package, safe and sound.
Decided to declare the contents as "antique" horse sculpture. (Enters me almost laughing while the girl searched the post listing the most appropriate to carrying the package description)
But I do not resubmit more things to italy
Did not receive any compensation for the first package as it had been delivered, but not content.

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
Re: Nightmare in Italy-solved!
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 12:31:14 PM »
I am glad you found a solution - but still a terrible story.

I did send toys to Italy recently marked as toys from the UK and they just got through as normal. I think toys are fine.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal