collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Boo, I lost, need hugs :( Last update!  (Read 7362 times)

Offline sillymoosey

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
Boo, I lost, need hugs :( Last update!
« on: February 07, 2012, 04:51:58 PM »
I was bidding on that beautiful green-haired Heart Throb on ebay and she went up 35 dollars in the last 10 seconds :( I had bid a max of 167$ or something like that and really felt that I was going too high. I never thought that I would lose her at that price but it looks like she suddenly gained in popularity. Oh well, better luck next time. Still, I need some pony hugs  :cry:  Congrats to the lucky winner and thank you to everyone who PMed me over the last few days to let me know that she was for sale!

Update:

In an unexpected turn of events, I got two messages today through ebay telling me that the seller was giving me a second chance offer to buy the pony for my maximum bid and the reason wasn't clear but it sounded like the seller was saying that the original winner "wanted me to have it" (odd, to say the least). I was at my son's school when I saw the messages on my phone so I couldn't answer right away. When I came home, I read the messages again, made sure that they were really from ebay and then sent the seller a short message asking for more details and told her that I needed a couple of hours to think about it (needed to talk to the hubby and I wanted some advice from somebody here that I trust). Anyways, the offer is good until February 12th so I had plenty of time to decide but still wanted to be polite and let the seller know that I had seen the messages. So after talking to my husband and exchanging messages with somebody here and after getting the kids to bed, I was just about ready to go back to ebay to look at the offer again and that's when I found another message from the seller saying that the original winner had changed their mind AGAIN and that she's very sorry but she only has the one pony to sell! Gah!!!!  >_<  Is this even permitted by ebay? There's still a formal second chance offer with a BIN in my ebay account that I could just click! From what I understand, the first person had to give up on the item in order for the seller to make the offer in the first place... Anyways, I feel like I'm being taken on a roller-coaster ride and that's exactly what I politely told the seller in respone to her last message... Sorry this was so long and thank you for reading. I'm just a little bit frustrated and confused at the moment  :huh:

Another update:

The winner of the auction contacted me (yes, she happens to be a member here). It seems that the whole thing was a big misunderstanding. When she won, she came here to brag and saw my Boo hoo post (so sorry, I never meant to make the winner feel like they couldn't brag about their win - I just wanted to let people know what happened since so many people had PMed me during the auction to let me know about it!). Anyways, she felt bad for me, wrote to the seller that she wanted me to have it and that she would cover the slight difference in price and then the seller sent me the second chance offer. When I wrote to the seller to say that I was thinking about it and that I would write again in a couple of hours, she either misunderstood or panicked and told the winner that I wasn't going to accept the offer. So the winner said that she would take it and paid for it (still not sure how that part works with ebay since there was a formal offer on my account but I'm not that familiar with ebay policies). So there, that's the end of the story!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:38:00 PM by sillymoosey »

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Boo, I lost, need hugs :(
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 04:59:18 PM »
ooohhhh nooooooooooooo  :cry: :cry: :cry:
im soo sorry  :argh: :yikes: :cloud: :sad: :dumbpc: 

that is the first one ive seen for auction that didnt have major issues..
i was expecting her to go pretty high but wasnt sure of her value since she was the first :/
i guess i got a bargain on mine... im sending you big hugs and good pony vibes so you can get a bargain on the next one!
 :tackleglomp: :hug:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:03:55 PM by relcelestia »
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 05:09:45 PM »
*big hugs*

Don't despair ;_;  You'll get one in the must unexpected way (usually when not searching they come to you).

*hugs*

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 05:18:54 PM »
 :yikes: :yikes: That is so awful:(  I'm really sorry you didn't win. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline sillymoosey

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 05:20:15 PM »
I'm sure that I'll get one some day. It's just that I've been looking for so long and she hardly ever seems to come up. The only two that I saw all of last year had major issues that I couldn't live with. Oh well :) I guess it wasn't meant to be this time around...

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 05:30:56 PM »
Well that's a kick in the shins. :( Sorry you lost.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 05:38:47 PM »
*hugs*
I feel your pain, I missed out on one of my most wanted ponies by a quarter last night.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »
lots of hugs for you !

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 10:16:15 PM »
So sorry! Lots of hugs!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 10:51:39 PM »
We've all been there.  :)  At least you got to bid.  I get really mad at myself when I forget to bid on something that sells low.  She'll come back around, probably sooner than you think.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 11:27:58 PM »
I'm sorry hon  :(
 :nod: BIG PONY HUGS to you :hug:

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 03:42:28 AM »
I am so sorry hun, that stinks when that happens.  It's good though when they come up because other people see them and say hey, I want that kind of money and put theirs up for sale.  I hope some more come up for you soon :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 06:47:15 AM »
Awwwwh man I'm sorry SillyMoosey! I know how much you wanted her too! I was watching her and hoping you'd win! Sorry! Hugs!

Offline Aeithales

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Πράσσειν Άλογα
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 07:05:43 AM »
Hey there, Sillymoosey! Don't worry too much over this! I am sure you will find another one sooner than you think, or cheaper than you'd except, and maybe even MOC! There's also Argentinean Mercado Libre, you could possibly track her there! Back in the day, there has been a few times I snatched a grail pony at a BARGAIN price, and couldn't even believe my luck!

Thank you for my siggie, TwilightWhispers!!

Offline r4fw

• G1 Minty's #4 Fan
  • Trade Count: (+75)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 09:22:32 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: Awww, SillyMoosey, I got your hugs right here.  :)

You'll find her again and then you'll win her too.

Thanks to SDS, Twilight Whispers, Dippindot & Jupiter for Minty Siggy & Avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal