collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Free custom (but do you want it?)  (Read 2498 times)

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
Free custom (but do you want it?)
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »
Hi everypony!

I'm making my first ever customs right now. Problem is I'm so full of ideas I don't know where to start! So I thought I'd throw this out to the community.

I want someone to request a custom. The offer is for one customised pony. Bear in mind this is my first ever, so whilst I have some remotely small artistic skills, it's gonna be (in all likeliness) pretty awful! That in mind, does anyone want to suggest something they desire? I'd quite like to involve some scuplting, so 3d cutie marks, smaller wings, lusty eyelids, maybe even small items of clothing are all possibilities. I'm happy to chat about what you fancy, just make it pretty!  :art:

I've bought a few hanks of hair in different colours, and can't afford more atm, so bearing this in mind I might not be able to meet your dream custom exactly. I have :Nylon Sour Grapes, Envy, Sugarberry, Pussycat, Blizzard and Butterfly and Saran Sapphire and Torch Auban.

The body will be a G3 earth pony, undecided which pose.

Whole pony will be FoC, including postage, if I think it's worthy of being sent out! :yikes:

Background info on me: I'm 29, from NW England, mother of one, long-term pony lover, artistic tendencies since I was old enough to hold a mark-making object, I dabble in all crafts from crochet to painting to sculpture and beyond. I have a crazy imagination and love fantasy artwork.

I am also a big World of Warcraft player, though only casual these days.

I would prefer to make an original character rather than a re-make of someone else's idea, but I'll take what I can get.

Please don't be offended if I don't think my skills are up to a request anypony might make. I'm adventurous, but I don't want to disappoint!

ready?  :shocked:

......................................GO!  :frolic:

Offline Ellis1342

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Doodle or do not doodle! There is no artist block!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Re: Free custom (but do you want it?)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:11:20 AM »
Pick up a g3 baby or a DG fakie and Do a Dancing Butterflies. You can sculpt the wings on and get some practice. Most likely will require a full body repaint and you have the perfect hair color. Because she is TAF she will have quite a few cuties to work through as well :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 08:20:45 AM »
What about a grape-themed pony, with sour grapes and envy for her hair, and a sculpted bunch of grapes for her cutie mark? Not sure about body color, but I think she could be really cute.

edit: or if you want to go really fancy, why not a TAF style grape pony? The vines on the bunch of grapes could go across her side?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:24:40 AM by Skitterbug »

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 11:16:38 AM »
Thank you for the replies! You totally inspired me for one pony, I've just spent couple of hours scuplting on her and I'm very excited! - Not quite what you suggested but in my tiny brain it made sense!

My second is still a blank canvas atm. If I had a ponysona I'd be very tempted to make her. Perhaps I'll just yoink someone's from the forums and suprise them with a custom of themselves! ^___^  :whoa:

Offline carlabarla

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://seethecee.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 11:20:42 AM »
I really like skitters idea! Do a grape pony :D

Claro

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »
How about a custom that looks like a teddy bear? :D or a bear-inspired one?

lilacamy931

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 11:34:27 AM »
Hello fellow Englander XD What about taking something that you play to inspire you? World of Warcraft you could try a character - option to sculpt clothes or make clothes. Or have an interpretatoin of WOW as you see it and play it? Even base it on a feeling of the game! Some of the characters have crazy hair which would look great on a pony

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »
If you're still open, feel free to make Neko!
http://shaiyeh.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4l68i6

Or why not a pussycat-haired Gnome inspired pony? fire mage. If you want to incorporate robes in any way, they should be "warlock purple". Goggles are welcome, as is a staff with a red gem on it :>
http://shaiyeh.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=72#/d3e4fc3

EDIT: PUSSYCAT, PUSSYCAT! O-O
I wrote that wrooong >_> *is ashamed*
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 01:08:02 PM by miss_tuneful »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

lilacamy931

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 01:14:04 PM »
going by the other post and the colours of hair you have - something kawaii! something kawaii!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 01:14:28 PM »
I've been really wanting the little lady in my siggy to be ponified.  Her name is princess lolli, she is from the game candyland, the 80's release with the double handed curtsey.  I'd love to have her ponyfied.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 01:32:03 PM »
Ooh, what a fun thread! It looks like you have lots of ideas already! I'm trying to look at old designs of mine that I thought would look cute as a pony, that might incorporate mild sculpting ...

1) Do you like Pineapples? Do you feel like sculpting pineapples AND boy-pony hoof feathers? XD You could make, surprise at the name, PINEAPPLE! http://fav.me/d19al1p He also has an orange in his hair, but I think he would work fine with just the white and yellow, too. Or maybe white yellow and a little purple?

2) Angelfish! You could sculpt the little fish hanging off of his/her mouth, or just stick it on their butt as a symbol. http://fav.me/d1io2d4

Best of luck finding your next inspiration!! ^_^
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 01:34:20 PM »
Weeeee, lots of fun suggestions! omg gnoem pony with pussycat pigtails!!! Excited for that tbh.

Grape pony would have to come with wine, and possibly have :muffin: Pony drunk eyes!

Teddy pony sounds cute, sounds like a teeny tiny custom right there!

That pretty ponysona its lovely and her kitty looks like my cat Bill! X

Post Merge: February 03, 2012, 01:38:40 PM

OMG pineapple!!! Brilliant, love it. Would have to put a pineapple on his head! Totally.  :biggrin:

Post Merge: February 03, 2012, 01:42:44 PM

Oh, oh and that princesses lollie, totally looks like pinkie pie! The g4 one!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 01:42:44 PM by StrawberryMeadow »

Skitterbug

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 02:32:30 PM »
oh my goodness yes drunken grapewine. Actually, Grapewine is kind of a good name. :T heehee lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal