collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who here plays The Sims 3?  (Read 3440 times)

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Who here plays The Sims 3?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 05:00:58 AM »
I play a bit... I have all 3 games. Sims 1 with all EPs, Sims 2 (tho my sister has all my EPs right now) and Sims 3 with EPs up to Pets

I've been getting into Sims 1 again because I'm having a problem with Sims 3 Pets where about 15 minutes in I'll order the pet dog to do something and the game will crash. -_-

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 07:43:22 AM »
simslice has some neat mods, but you have to pay for a subscription to their site.  the items are worth it, though.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »
I love Sims 3.  If my parents would actually allow me to play it all day and never come out of my room, I would.  I haven't played in a while though, because I've been busy with customizing and other video games (Pikmin FTW!).

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 09:33:54 AM »
simslice has some neat mods, but you have to pay for a subscription to their site.  the items are worth it, though.

Ooh agreed. I haven't used any of their Sims 3 items yet, but I had a bunch of their Sims 2 items and loved them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 10:08:16 AM »
Am I a goon for liking the original Sims best?  :P
I have all the expansion packs for it, & got really into it a while back, then I uninstalled everything cos my old computer started getting really slow. I had all the characters from a book I'm writing, & was testing out different storylines. xD
It's a dangerous game, you sit down for a quick play, then before you know it, three hours have passed. D:
I also have Sims 2 & the Seasons expansion pack, but I just can't get into it the same way. Freetime & Open for Business look awesome though :)
Sims 3 doesn't look like my cup of tea, at least graphics-wise.
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 11:25:25 AM »
I totally agree that if there is a crash it bums you out and makes you not want to play. When I first got TS3 I made a guy sim, he was great and then a patch happened or something and the file became corrupted. It took me a very long time to get back into the spirit of playing, I also figured out how to resurrect corrupted games so I could atleast extract that sim out of the game. So he is back in my game.
And if you go to a certain website you can get certain cc that is paid for without paying for it. It's not illegal either since it against EA to sell your cc. I used simslice's water sprinkler in TS2, it removed all weeds, which was so great. I DO want weather and ocean swimming/sandcastles in TS3, I miss all of that. I play 2 when I miss the weather and sunbathing.
I have sims 1, but I just can't get into it. Is there something I am missing about it? Everyone on MTS raves about 1, but I find it very difficult to keep them happy and it just seems really hard. Are there mods or something I should have to play?

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 08:49:09 PM »
Does the iPad version of The Sims 3 count?
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »
Sure, so does sims social on FB. If you like sims, then it counts lol

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:25 PM »
'k.

Well, I play the iPad version of The Sime 3 Ambitions from time to time.

This is Dash. He's a preschool teacher, married to Sarah, who was his boss, and lives happily with one baby girl.

This is Alan. Single, a genius, and aims to master every single occupation in town before finally settling down. Currently, he's a fire fighter.

I also have the original iPad versions of the base The Sims 3 game and iPad version of The Sims 3 World Adventuress (yeah, EA made each one a separate game for iOS instead of releasing just one game and letting you download expansions as DLC), but I quit playing the base game after getting Ambitions, and I can't wrap my head around World Adventures.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:42:57 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 05:00:11 PM »
I love the Sims 3 Ambitions the jobs are much more fun. I enjoy the firefighter/stylist/ghost hunter careers. For awhile my sim was an investigator and got paid for silly things. :lol:

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 05:21:34 PM »
I've been playing since the days of the The Sims 1.... I love all the games. I especially love taking photos/screenshots. The sims themselves are a little wonky in The Sims 3, but, the scenery is amazing (especially in World Adventures)!
 Not too sure I want to get showtime, though  :huh:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »
Am I a goon for liking the original Sims best?

Nope, I'm right there with you. I have all the EPs for it too, on PC. I switched to Mac, and haven't replaced them like I did some other games. It was definitely my favorite, and my favorite place for custom stuff was Persimmon Grove... maaaaaan, those were the coolest objects. I've got the whole site saved to a ZipDisk. I think it went down a couple years ago.

I dabbled in custom stuff for Sims 1 back in the day, never made anything super awesome (Petz was where I really shined edit-wise) but it was fun.

/ramble :P

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline cobalte

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 02:36:28 AM »
I like Sims 1 best expansions-wise :) Sims 2 and Sims 3 have failed trying to replicate the challenge and fun that was the original fame careers in my eyes, and we'll have to see how they go for the magic EP.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 03:14:24 AM »
I had all the EPs for sims 1, but was soooo stoked for sims 2 when there was more customizing options.  I got a few expansions for sims 2, and then I saw the trailer for sims 3 - and I gave up sims 2 because I knew nothing would be as awesome.  I just wish they'd hurry up with some new EPS.

my husband got me the sims medieval for christmas.  it's fun, and really cute - but only if you like questing, which is what the game revolves around.  I didn't know that when I started playing it.  it's still fun, but the game gets very hard sometimes.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline cobalte

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 07:37:30 AM »
Nope, I'm right there with you. I have all the EPs for it too, on PC. I switched to Mac, and haven't replaced them like I did some other games. It was definitely my favorite, and my favorite place for custom stuff was Persimmon Grove... maaaaaan, those were the coolest objects. I've got the whole site saved to a ZipDisk. I think it went down a couple years ago.

I just visited that site, since I'm just getting back into Sims 1 and need CC... (yes it is still up, link is here) and holy cow, some of the landscaping options  :dribble: pretties! I must have! *grabby hands*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal