collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81089 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #690 on: November 19, 2015, 08:22:27 AM »
Wolf Link looks really cool, but I've never played Twilight Princess, so... I may just get the bundle so I can actually play the game. We'll see. It won't be out for several months, so I still have time to decide.

I have no interest in Lucas.

I would like to get gold Mega Man, but my husband is very adamant about not getting another Mega Man collection of games when he already has other collections of Mega Man games.

Right now I'm just hoping I can snag a modern 8-bit Mario Amiibo on Black Friday. At least the Japanese import of it is cheap on Amazon, just in case.

OH! And I found it funny that in Mario Maker, Mega Yarn Yoshi is different from regular green yarn Yoshi, which is different from regular Yoshi. :lol: We assumed they were all going to do the same thing (like in Woolly World). We had a ton of fun scanning in all of our Amiibos for Mario Maker, and now I'm afraid I'll never be able to play the Wii U again because my husband is obsessed with making impossible stages that I refuse to play. :lmao:
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 19, 2015, 08:29:06 AM »
Wolf Link looks really cool, but I've never played Twilight Princess, so... I may just get the bundle so I can actually play the game. We'll see. It won't be out for several months, so I still have time to decide.

I have no interest in Lucas.

I would like to get gold Mega Man, but my husband is very adamant about not getting another Mega Man collection of games when he already has other collections of Mega Man games.

Right now I'm just hoping I can snag a modern 8-bit Mario Amiibo on Black Friday. At least the Japanese import of it is cheap on Amazon, just in case.

OH! And I found it funny that in Mario Maker, Mega Yarn Yoshi is different from regular green yarn Yoshi, which is different from regular Yoshi. :lol: We assumed they were all going to do the same thing (like in Woolly World). We had a ton of fun scanning in all of our Amiibos for Mario Maker, and now I'm afraid I'll never be able to play the Wii U again because my husband is obsessed with making impossible stages that I refuse to play. :lmao:

Perhaps it's time to get revenge and make  few stages of your own to try. Mwahaha!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 21, 2015, 04:44:19 PM »
So, I bought the Super Mario Maker Wii U bundle which comes with Modern 8 bit Mario.  I'm curious to know his rarity and sought after value (in the U.S.).  He looks nice, but I don't collect Amiibos, so I might consider selling him if I can get a good price for him.  If not, I'll just keep him and use him.  All I know is that he's exclusive to Wal-Mart.
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

enabler

« Reply #693 on: November 22, 2015, 01:32:05 AM »
So, question, how do you all have your Amiibos displayed? I'm mostly interested in loose ones (not MIB displays). I have mine on a shelf in the living room, but they're getting cramped and I was thinking of getting shelf risers or something because it gets really ridiculous when we're taking Amiibos down to scan into games. They're just... a mess. :lol:

I only have 1 at the moment (Pikachu) since I just got my Wii U. But if I get more, I think this is how I will display them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Figurine-Wall-Stands-compatible-with-Amiibo-e-g-Isabelle-Blathers-Pikachu-/272045453655?hash=item3f572c3157:g:nYMAAOSwNSxVcieJ

What do you guys think of Lucas, Gold Mega Man and Wolf Link? Wolf Link looks cool, but I still play Twilight Princess on the Wii, I have no nostalgic investment in Lucas and I already own a regular Mega Man but I'm bent on getting the Mega Man Legacy Collection, so I dunno what to do if I have to get him.

I have to say, I really like Wolf Link. I will probably have to get him. :P

As for Lucas, I only know him from Smash Bros, not from Earthbound. I have only ever played about 20 minutes of Earthbound.

Gold Mega Man... I am not sure. While I do like it, I don't know if I like it more than the regular, classic Blue Bomber.

On a side note: they really need to get Zero and ProtoMan from the Mega Man series into some of these games!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:36:49 AM by enabler »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 22, 2015, 08:10:33 AM »
DD's Japanese Digby has shipped out. Woo hoo!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 22, 2015, 08:48:46 PM »

Yay!

I found a solution to my Amiibo organization problem! We went to Bed Bath & Beyond to finally use some of the gift cards we got at our wedding, and I found some cheap shelf risers. I wish they had them in black as well as white, but I bought two (one for some figures in my pony room and one for the living room) and they were $5.99 each. They had slightly longer ones for, I think, $9. Anyway, they're perfect! They have them on Amazon too, if you don't have a BB&B near you.

The yarn Yoshis have to chill under the TV, though. :lol:

Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 22, 2015, 08:56:55 PM »

Yay!

I found a solution to my Amiibo organization problem! We went to Bed Bath & Beyond to finally use some of the gift cards we got at our wedding, and I found some cheap shelf risers. I wish they had them in black as well as white, but I bought two (one for some figures in my pony room and one for the living room) and they were $5.99 each. They had slightly longer ones for, I think, $9. Anyway, they're perfect! They have them on Amazon too, if you don't have a BB&B near you.

The yarn Yoshis have to chill under the TV, though. :lol:

Ooh! That looks good. I may hafta take a little trip to BBand B

Princess Lala

« Reply #697 on: November 22, 2015, 10:16:13 PM »
I will def be picking up Wolf Link! Out of every Zelda game I have played\own (which  is ALL except the new 3ds game) Twilight Princess is my favorite!!!! It's cut close with Majoras Mask however! Omg I LOOOOVE LOOOOVE Wolf Link. Midna will always be a video game crush of mine, she is sooooo adorable. I used to have a wicked figure of her but it got lost during my parents divorce.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:18:42 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 22, 2015, 11:43:49 PM »
I guess Wolf Link and Midna will be my first Amiibo. I only really justified getting TPHD because pre-ordering it means getting the OST, which I must have. Never really understood Amiibo hype.

|My Collection|

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 23, 2015, 08:26:33 PM »
I'm so ready to preorder twilight for the amiibo! I was never able to finish the game.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 24, 2015, 08:12:30 AM »
So, I bought the Super Mario Maker Wii U bundle which comes with Modern 8 bit Mario.  I'm curious to know his rarity and sought after value (in the U.S.).  He looks nice, but I don't collect Amiibos, so I might consider selling him if I can get a good price for him.  If not, I'll just keep him and use him.  All I know is that he's exclusive to Wal-Mart.

Modern 8-bit Mario will be available at Walmart (not packaged in a bundle or anything) starting this Friday, so I assume demand for him will drop. I read that they're expecting a large stock of him at each store.

Honestly, if I manage not to find one at Walmart when I go out on Friday, I'll buy him from you!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 29, 2015, 02:21:09 PM »
I found Rosalina in store today at Target!! :) I never thought I'd see her in a store but there she was with all of the over Amiibos. I thought Rosalina wasn't going to be restocked in the stores.

I also saw a ton of Modern 8 bit Mario at Walmart.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 29, 2015, 02:30:09 PM »
I found Rosalina in store today at Target!! :) I never thought I'd see her in a store but there she was with all of the over Amiibos. I thought Rosalina wasn't going to be restocked in the stores.

I also saw a ton of Modern 8 bit Mario at Walmart.

Ponyfan

That is awesome! I hear they're restocking Ike.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 30, 2015, 08:49:14 AM »
I hope you can get Ike. I really had given up hope of finding Rosalina in stores.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Princess Lala

« Reply #704 on: November 30, 2015, 10:06:27 AM »
Waaaat!? YES! I NEEEEEEEED ROSALINA! Sure I could have bought one overseas but I'm lazy! xD I need her and jigglypuff! I just got SSB for 3ds for my husband and I, and he is having fun actually using the Amiibos! My 3ds is the older one so I don't have the built-in thingy to play with them on mine. (Weren't they going to make something for that similar to a skylander portal?) As I keep playing Smash Bros, I'm falling in love with so many new characters and some of the old characters have change a little! 

Mine are displayed on my TV in front of my PlayStation 4 and Wii,  nothing too awesome. I thought about getting one of those metal floral candle holders that hold like 20 tealight candles, just put the Amiibos in the holes xD

So I have Charizard wrapped up under the tree for husby =P , I got the Villger now, and we also have Green Yarn Yoshi! My Amiibos shelf is growing!  My current wants are:
-Lucina -Rosalina - Jigglypuff -Ganondorf -Shulk -Zero Suit Samus -Metaknight -Pacman -Robin

I think Lucina, Robin, Rosalina, and Jigglypuff are still pretty rare?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:15:11 AM by Princess Lala »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal