collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81064 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #450 on: June 05, 2015, 12:19:43 PM »
Probably because my husband just wants one hes collecting the Us ones only.  I have a Meta Knight but its Japanese. My mistake on that one.

So he's not actually using them, just collecting them, in-box, I assume?  Because outside of that, it doesn't matter if it's Japanese or English.  I've seen plenty of Japanese Villager's going for decent prices on eBay (I'm tempted to get one myself).
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #451 on: June 05, 2015, 01:25:37 PM »
Probably because my husband just wants one hes collecting the Us ones only.  I have a Meta Knight but its Japanese. My mistake on that one.

So he's not actually using them, just collecting them, in-box, I assume?  Because outside of that, it doesn't matter if it's Japanese or English.  I've seen plenty of Japanese Villager's going for decent prices on eBay (I'm tempted to get one myself).

He isnt using them right now but he may if he finds a game for them later down the road. I doubt or highly doubt they will be in box forever hehe. Darn Nintendo. lol

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 06, 2015, 03:50:02 AM »
So I had my first package stolen with my ness amiibo in it.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 06, 2015, 04:27:27 AM »
Nice to see GAME are charging more for the "rarer" Amiibos than the more common ones. Taking the mickey a bit there.

Also, I heard there are re-releases in the works?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:32:48 AM by CupidStrikes »
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #454 on: June 07, 2015, 08:29:16 PM »
Well, I went and bought a Japanese Villager. I guess if he ever takes him out of the box it would not be a big deal since he works like all the others do. I can see him wanting to have a US collection of them but if he has a few or less than a few Japanese Amiibos its not a problem.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:00:23 PM by SkyCakes »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 11, 2015, 01:40:36 PM »
Japan got Dark Pit and Palutena both of whom have already hit ebay and I'm debating on whether I should import or take my pitiful chances waiting for them to hit the US and probably get screwed outta pre-orders? If I wait and I'm on the ball, I can get both of them, if I buy it now I can only pick one and I want them both really bad. Hmm. This is hard.  :wonder:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:51:37 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 11, 2015, 02:03:28 PM »
Japan got Dark Pit and Palutena both of whom have already hit ebay and I'm debating on whether I should import or take my pitiful chances waiting for them to hit the US and probably get screwed outta pre-orders? If I wait and I'm on the ball, I can get both of them, if I buy it now I can only pick one and I want them both really bad. Hmm. This is hard.  :wonder:
At this point,  I would say go ahead and import if possible.
US amiibo stock has been too unpredictable to fully rely on, especially when it comes to preorders (I heard GameStop isnt doing amiibo preorders anymore?).

But then again, I am the kind the person that I'd rather get something now, pay extra for it, and at least know I have it, than to wait later in hopes of getting it cheaper, but take the chance of not getting said item.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #457 on: June 11, 2015, 02:06:37 PM »
Unless the price is pretty close to retail price, I personally would wait it out until we at least have confirmation as to whether Dark Pit and Palutena are going to be exclusives, available everywhere, or what not.  Since they're coming out in July it shouldn't be that much longer before we get enough info for you to figure out your best options.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 11, 2015, 05:35:11 PM »
I would honestly get them now if you want them. I'm going to echo the fact that the US is being too unreliable with their amiibo supply, and with the rumors that Gamestop will no longer be doing pre-orders running all over the place (and being taken by a lot of people as absolute fact right now, despite no evidence), I think that the pre-orders that DO go up are going to get snatched up even faster than wave four went, and that is before taking the possibility of exclusives in to the deal. And I think that once they hit the US the prices are going to sky rocket all over the place because it will become obvious which ones people are clamoring for. It may also be that a lot of people in the US wait for them to come out stateside before deciding to import or not, because there is a chance that they will show up in their local stores, so I would assume that prices for the overseas amiibo will start to go up as you have more people bidding and buying (just my own speculation mind you. I haven't really been paying much attention to the second hand amiibo market or the prices to import)

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 12, 2015, 07:28:07 PM »
Eeek! I just bought a Japanese Palutena! :frolic:

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 13, 2015, 05:23:17 PM »

Congrats :D If I may ask, where did you end up getting her from?

And also, OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!
Spoiler
Roy looks like he is coming back to Smash, and he has always been my favorite character! I just hope the leak doesn't cause them to decide not to release him or something. But oh goodness if they decide to make an Amiibo of him, he will probably be impossible to get a hold of DX He may be the one if I can't get a hold of stateside I'll pay over retail a little to import.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 13, 2015, 05:27:15 PM »

Congrats :D If I may ask, where did you end up getting her from?

And also, OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!
Spoiler
Roy looks like he is coming back to Smash, and he has always been my favorite character! I just hope the leak doesn't cause them to decide not to release him or something. But oh goodness if they decide to make an Amiibo of him, he will probably be impossible to get a hold of DX He may be the one if I can't get a hold of stateside I'll pay over retail a little to import.

I got her off ebay for like 30 bucks.

And today I got a Dark Pit to go with her! So happy! :whoa:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:46:13 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 16, 2015, 11:34:30 AM »
Did you guys see the new Amiibos for use with the new Skylander game that had the little switch? The Animal Crossing ones are cute but I seriously hope that Nintendo fixes their distribution before making an Amiibo specific game and bundle it with the pack. Otherwise they're gonna have a lot of angry fans and disappointed kids.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:10:56 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 16, 2015, 11:59:34 AM »
I saw those today during the E3 thingy. They look cute but I think I'm going to be out of the amiibo game after the smash Bros line, unless they fix their distribution, like you said. Especially since it looks like the animal crossing game requires you to have the amiibo? (At least that is how I took it, so I very well could have misunderstood. Nintendo really didn't give a lot of information on anything they showed). I was actually pretty disappointed with Nintendo 's presentation. Like, some things looked neat but there was nothing ground breaking for them and it was kind of all over the board.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #464 on: June 16, 2015, 12:01:06 PM »
I'm honestly only excited about the Animal Crossing Games, but I will be BEYOND depressed if I am not able to buy the amiibos I need to play the Amiibo Festival or the happy home academy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal