collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81059 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #435 on: June 02, 2015, 11:01:46 AM »
I still don't 100% understand WHY there are exclusives at all.  Especially when the exclusives are even more limited than other releases.

Although I do love the jokes that come from this stupid exclusivity mess.  Like how the Duck Hunt Dog Amiibo will be exclusive to pet stores. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #436 on: June 02, 2015, 11:37:14 AM »
This morning I super lucked out and was able to get Pit from Ami ami (Japanese store I get all my sailor moon stuff from) for $14.64 after shipping!!  I've been on the look out for him forever.  That brings my personal collection to 2. XD  Though once Palutena and the Yoshi's come out I'll hopefully be at 4.

My boyfriend is the one with the BIG collection and the one I'm usually on the hunt for.

The exclusives thing IS a total bummer.  I could be wrong but I don't think any countries other than North America does store exclusives.

I felt like at one point there was supposed to be another Rosalina release, but I think if she does get a second release she'll be like all the other SMB line and look super boring.  I haven't heard any news on it since Mario Party released though so I don't know if they'll be officially doing her after all.  Here is a pic of what she'd probably look like.
http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/gallery/mario-party-10_3/map04.png
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:49:04 AM by Iris »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 02, 2015, 11:50:20 AM »
Congrats on Pit Iris. With my luck Rosalina will be one of the characters that doesn't get a re-release but I'll keep hoping she does until Nintendo says she won't.  Does the Duck Hunt dog go with Super Smash Brothers? 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 02, 2015, 11:56:31 AM »
From the rumor I heard, it is possible that Dark Pit, Palutena, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Jr arr this wave's exclusives. If its true, I cant say that I am surprised. Dx

Lucario was the only amiibo I paid more tham retail for ($30), but with how amiibos are beinga pain to find, I may just do it again in the future since Ibdont have the patience tostalk websites/stores anymore.

And yes, Duck Hunt Dog is part of the Smash Bros line. :)
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #439 on: June 02, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »

Here is my current Amiibo collection :) My boyfriend has his own but these are the characters I play with ^^

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #440 on: June 02, 2015, 03:32:20 PM »
I never visit the OT forms but I'm glad I did today! I work for Gamestop. I'm sure you guys can just imagine my pain. I HATE telling customers "sorry but we don't have any X here." I do check other stores. I call them. I called for Ike to a store in Cincinnati and they were STILL holding him since his release for a customer that never picked him up. I was upset because my customer was a kid. I called them back and reminded them of our 48 hour policy and got his DMs name and talked to him about it. It was a mess.

We also have this kid who stays in the store (dumped off while his grandmother does lord knows what). He is super into amiibos and will seriously CRY if we get one he doesn't have. I managed to get an extra Ike and Marth AFTER the RE RELEASE AND AFTER I PERSONALLY called the pre order customers. I bought the amiibo fair and square and his grandmother called me a POS for buying them. I'm sorry but I am also a customer.... :(

My store manager somehow got a Ness on the 29th for a customer after we ran out. I don't know how but he did. My store goes out of our way to help customers on these. But people still get upset with us. I've been called terrible things over it. It isn't my fault nor my store's that distribution sucks.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 02, 2015, 04:20:53 PM »
@Brittney_rochelle-you are awesome! :thumb:

Post Merge: June 02, 2015, 04:22:19 PM

Yeah, in my opinion Best Buy has been the absolute WORST about their exclusives. T_T  The only reason I was able to get a Meta Knight for my boyfriend is because I was able to trade an extra Rosalina for it but that even took a lot of jumping through hoops and offering to pay both sides of our shipping.  And of course that was after spending hours in the snow sitting outside Best Buy on release day just to be told they didn't have any.  Ughhh.

Like I said, they are apparently rereleasing it but it's pretty hit and miss where.  So far no have restocked anywhere near me. (I've been keeping an eye on it since I have a few friends that would like him)

Makes me worry about Dark Pit because of the speculation he's going to be a Best Busy exclusive too.

Where are you hearing that? That would upset me if it were true.  :mad:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #442 on: June 02, 2015, 09:54:33 PM »
Dark Pit is already showing up in Best Buy's inventory system I guess, which is why people are speculating that he's going to be an exclusive there.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/36hiqj/dark_pit_in_bby_inventory/

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 03, 2015, 12:16:15 PM »
My Best Buy got a few of Meta Knight in! I was very surprised, as I live in a smaller area.

Anyway, would any one be up for some trading? I'm still trying to get my hands on a Lucario and a Jigglypuff :)   (Or a little Mac, Villager, or Wii Fit Trainer, but I figure those are rarer). I bought a couple of MK so I do have him on hand (I figured if I didn't buy what I wanted right then, they wouldn't be there if I went back)

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 04, 2015, 06:18:48 AM »
My Best Buy got a few of Meta Knight in! I was very surprised, as I live in a smaller area.

Anyway, would any one be up for some trading? I'm still trying to get my hands on a Lucario and a Jigglypuff :)   (Or a little Mac, Villager, or Wii Fit Trainer, but I figure those are rarer). I bought a couple of MK so I do have him on hand (I figured if I didn't buy what I wanted right then, they wouldn't be there if I went back)

You're my favorite person right now. :lovey:

Does anyone still need Greninja?  I was told that the TRU closest to me actually still has some left, and I'm going out that way today, so I'll pick up one or two for anyone interested.  I wanted to get myself another one anyway for a custom.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 04, 2015, 01:37:13 PM »

You're my favorite person right now. :lovey:

Does anyone still need Greninja?  I was told that the TRU closest to me actually still has some left, and I'm going out that way today, so I'll pick up one or two for anyone interested.  I wanted to get myself another one anyway for a custom.

Yes please !!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 04, 2015, 02:33:50 PM »
Yes please !!

Okie dokie!  I'll keep an eye out, then.
Instagram / Want List

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #447 on: June 04, 2015, 09:12:49 PM »
boy I feel everyones pain trying to get these amiibos. I think its crazy what they have been selling for. I still currently on the look out for a Us Villager. ><: My husband made a joke saying I need to buy the Amiibo Hunter shirt in my size :P. Sigh.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 04, 2015, 09:27:31 PM »
boy I feel everyones pain trying to get these amiibos. I think its crazy what they have been selling for. I still currently on the look out for a Us Villager. ><: My husband made a joke saying I need to buy the Amiibo Hunter shirt in my size :P. Sigh.
why does it have to be a US villager?

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #449 on: June 05, 2015, 07:13:22 AM »
why does it have to be a US villager?

Probably because my husband just wants one hes collecting the Us ones only.  I have a Meta Knight but its Japanese. My mistake on that one.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:46:07 AM by SkyCakes »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal