collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81031 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #360 on: May 26, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »
I saw something interesting at Walmart this morning. They had some little mini amiibos that I've never seen before. There weren't any I was interested in, Toon Link, Mario and Luigi and they had them shoved in the check out line underneath the candy shelf. Never woulda noticed if I hadn't seen Link poking out. Has anyone else seen these? :what:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:10:33 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 26, 2015, 12:23:10 PM »
Thanks for the congrats on Sonic. I hope everyone that wants the new characters can get them. I really think Nintendo hasn't handled Amiibo well. It's too hard to get the exclusives and at least around here  the basic characters (Peach, Mario, Luigi etc) just sit on the shelves. When does Pac Man come out? I thought maybe I missed him. 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 26, 2015, 12:34:49 PM »
I saw something interesting at Walmart this morning. They had some little mini amiibos that I've never seen before. There weren't any I was interested in, Toon Link, Mario and Luigi and they had them shoved in the check out line underneath the candy shelf. Never woulda noticed if I hadn't seen Link poking out. Has anyone else seen these? :what:
they arnt amiibos they are nintindo world figures I have link and tetra both one per box along with waluigi and olimar

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 26, 2015, 12:37:27 PM »
Thanks for the congrats on Sonic. I hope everyone that wants the new characters can get them. I really think Nintendo hasn't handled Amiibo well. It's too hard to get the exclusives and at least around here  the basic characters (Peach, Mario, Luigi etc) just sit on the shelves. When does Pac Man come out? I thought maybe I missed him. 

Ponyfan

Yeah you missed him a while ago.  :( he's been sold out everywhere. wanted to get my aunt one cuz she is a huuuge pac man fan

Post Merge: May 26, 2015, 12:38:12 PM

they arnt amiibos they are nintindo world figures I have link and tetra both one per box along with waluigi and olimar

Oh! I got all hopeful for a minute. Thanks egyptiandragon

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2015, 12:40:50 PM »
no problem I couldn't resit them as I am huge zelda fan!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 26, 2015, 12:43:13 PM »

Ponyfan

Pac-Man comes out this Friday (May 29th) so you only missed the pre-order window for him. Everyone is expecting him to be common, since he was always the last to sell out during pre-orders lol.

And I agree with you about Nintendo's handling of it. Especially because this wave has come with a number of notices that, once a number of stores sell out, they are not getting any replenishment stock. Its like.... wait.... what? O.o I thought the Amiibo thing would get better, not worse DX

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 26, 2015, 12:54:40 PM »
So I haven't missed Pac Man. :) I'd love to get him. I spent many happy hours playing Pac Man and Mrs. Pac Man.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 26, 2015, 12:55:02 PM »

Ponyfan

Pac-Man comes out this Friday (May 29th) so you only missed the pre-order window for him. Everyone is expecting him to be common, since he was always the last to sell out during pre-orders lol.

And I agree with you about Nintendo's handling of it. Especially because this wave has come with a number of notices that, once a number of stores sell out, they are not getting any replenishment stock. Its like.... wait.... what? O.o I thought the Amiibo thing would get better, not worse DX

Oh Nintendo! How could you? :cry:  This is gonna make the scalping situation even worse!   :mad: If you won't handle it right and quit screwing over kids and loyal customers don't do it at all.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:58:32 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 26, 2015, 04:01:17 PM »
I feel relieved that I don't want any amiibo from Wave 5.  At least, not now.

I got scheduled to work Friday morning at 10:30, so I am tempted to peek into at least Target and see what they have beforehand (and likely will buy Splatoon while I am there). Not gonna bother with TRU after all. ^^'

Pretty sure that PacMan will be common/uncommon and not hard to find.  Hopefully the same with Charizard.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2015, 07:37:59 AM »
I'm hoping I can get some of the new Amiibos this Friday, and Dark Pit and Palutena later on this year(At least Dark Pit. I need him.), but right now I mostly want my daugh--Lucina.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 27, 2015, 07:47:35 AM »
Even though I don't feel like actively looking for Amiibos anymore, there are still a handful I'd like to have.  So far I don't care about wave 5, at least.  I'd eventually like the Duck Hunt Dog and Zero Suit Samus once they come out since I use them a lot in Smash Bros., and my original plan for the Amiibos was to get any character that I use in Smash and other games. :rolleyes:

Hopefully Pac-man is common.  I'd like to be able to just pick him up whenever with no worries.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 27, 2015, 08:28:18 AM »
Even though I don't feel like actively looking for Amiibos anymore, there are still a handful I'd like to have.  So far I don't care about wave 5, at least.  I'd eventually like the Duck Hunt Dog and Zero Suit Samus once they come out since I use them a lot in Smash Bros., and my original plan for the Amiibos was to get any character that I use in Smash and other games. :rolleyes:

Hopefully Pac-man is common.  I'd like to be able to just pick him up whenever with no worries.

Me too.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 28, 2015, 04:19:02 PM »
For anyone wanting to get the Wave 4s and potentinally not want to wait outside of a store tomorrow morning in hopes of getting them:

Amazon will put up the Wave 4 + Splatoon amiibo tomorrow on their site, and one of the Amazon staff members gave the times (on Reddit) on when they will (randomly) be put live for sale:

Pac-Man: 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. PT
Charizard: 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. PT
Inkling Boy: 3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. PT
Lucina: 3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. PT
Wario: 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. PT
Inkling Girl: 4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. PT
Silver Mario: 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. PT
Robin: 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. PT
Inkling Boy, Girl, and Squid 3-pack: 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. PT

Note that they will be limited one per person, and 1-click will be disabled, which I assume is to give people a fair chance of getting them.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #373 on: May 28, 2015, 04:59:53 PM »
I'll be at target before 6:30am tomorrow waiting for Jigglypuff. I hate this but her and charizard are the only two I want from that wave. And its my boyfriends birthday so I'm hoping to get Lucina for him!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 28, 2015, 06:28:47 PM »
Good luck everyone! Hopefully there are some success stories to be heard tomorrow :D

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal