collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81071 times)

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2015, 06:39:31 PM »
I sure hope more Amiibo become common, or at least easier to find. Now that I know how rare he is, I kinda regret not getting Fox when I had the chance.

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2015, 06:20:08 AM »
If people are looking for Sonic or Megaman they seem to be popping up at Walmarts here and there.  You can check on Walmart.com to see if they have them at a store near you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2015, 05:29:22 PM »
My Best Buy only had 4 exclusive amiibos and sold them all to employees before the store even opened.  They still let us all stand outside and wait though.  >_<

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2015, 07:15:21 AM »
If people are looking for Sonic or Megaman they seem to be popping up at Walmarts here and there.  You can check on Walmart.com to see if they have them at a store near you!

Thanks for the heads up! I still need Mega Man.

"This item is not available for pickup or at any of the Walmarts within 50 miles of your location."

Oh. Sad face.

Post Merge: February 24, 2015, 07:15:40 AM

My Best Buy only had 4 exclusive amiibos and sold them all to employees before the store even opened.  They still let us all stand outside and wait though.  >_<

Ugh.  That's terrible.  :mad:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 07:16:54 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2015, 08:26:51 AM »
Got my Sonic in the mail today! Although I don't normally notice blemishes, his face has a fairly noticeable one ._.; But I'm just glad I got him before he sells out everywhere. Like Pit >>;

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2015, 09:32:28 AM »
I am still on the hunt for Sonic (tried two walmarts, best buy, and TRU this morning), but at least he isnt an exclusive so he shouldnt be too hard to find in the future.
Dat Ike, though. ;_; And eventually Lucina as well.

Amazon.com, hurry up and put some pre-orders up for Wave 4!! Please! Everyone else online (overseas) has done it!
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2015, 10:08:12 AM »
I'm so tempted to buy Japanese Dedede and Meta Knight from Amazon. I keep missing Dedede on Walmart and Target's websites since I can't be at my computer all day, and Meta Knight probably won't show up again at Best Buy.  -_-

Still holding out hope that Mega Man will just pop up in a Walmart near me one of these days...

Of course now that I know the importance of pre-ordering, there's only one wave 4 Amiibo I want. :lol: Oh well, more time to look for the wave 3b ones I missed!
Instagram / Want List

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2015, 07:13:02 PM »

Oooool thanks! :D I might just go into work today JUST so I can dig in the back for them! :D My guy NEEEEEDS sonic! :P

Edit: ooops NM, looks like the other Frisco store has them in stock.... eh. Well my store will eventually get them!

Post Merge: February 24, 2015, 08:59:42 PM

I found mega maaaaan AND sonic!!!

Post Merge: February 24, 2015, 10:07:32 PM

Bought 2 mega man and a sonic at walmart!!!! Hopefully DeeDeDe (cant spell LOL) turns up because I have friends looking for him! I feel cool I have access to these at work  B-)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:07:32 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2015, 06:27:20 AM »
Two down, two to go! Thanks again for picking up Mega Man for me, Lala!  :happy:

It actually upsets me that my fiance and I are nearly done playing through Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and I've only been able to use the Kirby Amiibo.  I was really hoping I'd luck out and get Dedede and Meta Knight so I could use them too and see what abilities they give.  That's why I have to roll my eyes at people who have those Amiibos and complain because the box has a crease or whatever... I'm like "I want to take it out of the box and actually USE it!  If you're gonna complain, give it to me and it'll actually be used for its intended purpose!"  >_< And I have nothing against people who want these as collectors items, I mean... we all collect ponies here, and we know they're meant for children, but we buy them anyway and sometimes we don't play with them!  I just feel like the people who complain about that stuff for the rarer Amiibos are rubbing it in the faces of those of us who can't get them.

The Amiibo struggle is so real, omg.  It's making me hate people more than I already do.  :yikes:
Instagram / Want List

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2015, 07:51:24 AM »
Dont worry Moonbeam! You know if I find Dedede or even Meta Knight I would help you out!! Im stalking the Amiibo subforum on reddit and no one is having much luck with Dedede atm. I feel the same about the boxes and stuff too, oh well if its creased or the figurebhas minor paint errors. Im excited to get to use them when all my friends get SSB when the time comes.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2015, 08:10:17 AM »
They'd freak if they saw my Sonic box then - It's got a line where the paint wasn't added, making it look as though it's hanging away from the cardboard slightly. It doesn't bother me, luckily :P

I have to admit, Nintendo really have disappointed me with these releases. I honestly thought Nintendo would be better than Activision or Disney, but as it turns out, they're no better (possibly even worse for apparently flat-out retiring some too quickly). :(

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2015, 04:16:28 PM »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2015, 08:06:26 AM »
Yay for Mega Man!  He looks great!  I can't wait to get mine.

I totally agree, Sora.  I thought for sure that, by now, Nintendo would have their act together.  I've been hearing rumors though that the port strikes in CA may have affected stock.  The only reason I think that's a bunch of BS is because it doesn't make sense for us to get some of the Amiibos and not all of them.  If the strikes truly affected them, wouldn't there have been a hold on all of the Amiibos?  I dunno, I think that's just people trying to make excuses for Nintendo's laziness.

Or it could be true.

Who knows.  I just really hope they do a second run in the future for a lot of these characters.

My fiance has been bidding on some Japanese Dedede's on eBay, since the Amiibos aren't region locked or anything.  Suuuuure wish that games/game consoles weren't region locked... :rolleyes: Anyway, Amazon also has some Japanese Amiibos available for 2x the price they are here, which isn't too bad I guess.
Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2015, 09:01:54 AM »
My fiance has been bidding on some Japanese Dedede's on eBay, since the Amiibos aren't region locked or anything.  Suuuuure wish that games/game consoles weren't region locked... :rolleyes: Anyway, Amazon also has some Japanese Amiibos available for 2x the price they are here, which isn't too bad I guess.
That's how I got my JPN Lucario amiibo - figured the $30 I paid for him on Amazon would be the equivalent of me driving around trying to find him. (Of course, he was already shipped to me when I found a US Lucario at my TRU, so curse my luck on that xD). I may do the same for Sonic pretty soon, and wished I did it with Marth before his price jumped up.
Out of the Wave 4s, I really/only want Lucina, and I know she is going to be hard to get. :(
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2015, 09:16:50 AM »
That's how I got my JPN Lucario amiibo - figured the $30 I paid for him on Amazon would be the equivalent of me driving around trying to find him. (Of course, he was already shipped to me when I found a US Lucario at my TRU, so curse my luck on that xD). I may do the same for Sonic pretty soon, and wished I did it with Marth before his price jumped up.
Out of the Wave 4s, I really/only want Lucina, and I know she is going to be hard to get. :(

Yeah, if my fiance keeps getting outbid on eBay, I'll just tell him about Amazon for both Dedede and Meta Knight (I think MK is $32, which still isn't bad).

I want Pac-man from wave 4 and while I don't believe he'll be super popular, you can't go off of that with these things.  I thought I was the only person in the world who wanted Wii Fit Trainer (I use her a ton in SSB), so when I picked one up, I had no idea she'd end up as one of the rare ones.

There aren't too many more Amiibos I want after this... going off of characters I use in SSB, Duck Hunt, Zero Suit Samus and Greninja are all that's left.  I also still need Villager, I really wish I had grabbed one when I saw a bunch at TRU a few months back.
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal