collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81036 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2015, 11:35:30 AM »
@ aluke - I highly recommend you preorder Robin the second you are able to. Or any other amiibo you have an possible interest in, just to be safe. No one really knows how many stores are allowed for preorders, but it will go fast. Apparently, my TRU only allowed three pre-orders total for Lucario. :cry:

All I can say is: thanks the heavens amiibos arent region-locked. I am pretty close to buying a JPN Lucario/Marth amiibo due to all this crazyness.

I am still upset at Nintendo about the gamecube adapter situation.  :mad:
I find it kinda ridiculous that they are rereleasing   Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, and Bowser amiibos for the SMB series.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2015, 02:39:59 PM »
@Aluke - Like Milky said, the minute Robin goes live for preorder, grab it. I'm in at Gamestop frequently lately and they said that when the Toad amiibo went live they were out of pre-orders in about a day and a half. The Wave 4 are likely going to go even faster. I also suggest pre-ordering at multiple places if you can just in case your first chosen location cancels your pre-order, you have a back up, and if you get two you can always just return one or pass it along to someone who is looking for it.

Also, the Amiibo Reddit page is an amazing source of information for people after certain amiibos. Watching it has helped me manage to snag a few items that I was searching for that I otherwise wouldn't have known about (like that Shulk pre-order that went up yesterday)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2015, 05:02:33 PM »
Thanks so much for the advice, Milky and Kitkumi! I'll be starting the hunt right away.

I've been waffling over how much I want Ness, but I'm starting to catch on that I can't afford to think about it and will have to try pre-ordering him too. If Nintendo thinks Fire Emblem and Villager/Animal Crossing aren't popular, I don't want to think about how anything Mother related will be handled. RIP chances of seeing a Lucas amiibo. :cry:

CupidStrikes: I know how you feel. Why do people have to stress and wait in crazy lines for a chance to get what are supposed to be a mass-produced, non limited edition figures? If it wasn't for the fact that this will be my only chance to get some official merch of Robin (and probably Ness/Mother representation), I would turn a blind eye to the amiibo line. I don't see myself picking up any other characters anymore, including common ones I wanted like Yoshi.

To add to how much Nintendo is dropping the ball, I'm still salty over the fact North America is only getting the XL versions of the New 3DS. Of course, region locking means I can't just import the smaller size either.  -_-

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2015, 05:43:41 PM »
Thanks to the Amiibo Reddit forums, I was able to get Sonic on Target's site last night.  Sadly I missed out on Megaman.  I'm still hoping Dedede will pop up, but who knows.

I'm still not sure if I want to try for Meta Knight next week, but he's one of my favorite characters and I just reeeeaally want him...

I totally get why people are upset over us only getting the XL.  As someone who has wanted an XL for a while though, I'm okay with us only getting it, but I don't understand why they can't make interchangeable faceplates for them!  Then again, it's not like we'd ever get Kirby faceplates over here (that's literally all I want) because I'm pretty sure they don't think Kirby is popular enough over here to warrant anything EVER except the games (Japan got a special edition Kirby 3DS XL, we didn't).  Seriously.  I've been waiting for a Kirby theme for my 3DS, saw that Japan got THREE Kirby themes yesterday along with Majora's Mask and Pikachu themes and guess what we got?  Majora's Mask and Pikachu.  Just... ooooh, eff you Nintendo!  My only hope is that we get the themes next week to coincide with the release of the Rainbow Curse game for the Wii U.  :cry: If Nintendo didn't consistently make great games, I'd seriously just stop buying their stuff altogether at this point.  They keep disappointing me and for every step forward, they seem to take five steps back by doing something stupid.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:47:52 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2015, 07:42:31 PM »
@Aluke - if there is any doubt on your mind about Ness, just pre-order him. It saves a lot of headaches. I ended up pre-ordering all of wave 3 at the last minute when I really realized just how crazy things had gotten. I figure, by pre-ordering everyone it gives me time to decide who I REALLY want without having to panic, be able to see the things in person when they come out to decide if I like their look, and then if I decide I don't want them after all I can just either return them so other people get the chance at them, or pass them along to friends/family at normal retail value if they missed out on getting them.

I was thinking of making a go for Meta Knight next week if I'm off work, but I can't decide. He isn't one I'm really after, but I acknowledge that he would be great to have waiting in the wings as a trade stock if I miss out on any of the amiibo I really want (mostly just the Zelda ones and Fire Emblem). I'm mostly afraid of running in to one of those situations where people are crazy jerks to one another over a hunk of plastic

@Moonbeam - I know what you mean about Nintendo. It is so far the only gaming company left that I hadn't been feeling 'let down' by, but these past six months I can't say I've agreed with many of their choices. The only thing that I'm not upset with is, like you said, they do consistently make really good games.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2015, 01:55:19 PM »
I totally agree on keeping an eye on the amiibo section/forum on Reddit - thanks to some of em mentioned Lucario was popping up at their TRUs, I called mine and they held a Lucario for me (they had apparently just git them in about 20 minutes beforehand).
...I am bummed out that apparently Best Buy had MetaKnight available for pre-order while I was gone for an hour. Dx

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2015, 08:22:44 AM »
Has anyone else heard about the Rosalina guy? He purchased over 100 of her Amiibo - Just because he hates the character and her fans, and doesn't want them to get one/be happy. What the? :/

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2015, 08:28:28 AM »
Has anyone else heard about the Rosalina guy? He purchased over 100 of her Amiibo - Just because he hates the character and her fans, and doesn't want them to get one/be happy. What the? :/

Yeah, I just heard about that.  Totally unfair!

I've also been reading the horror stories of people buying multiple "rare" Amiibos and then trying to sell them for 3x the price right outside of the store.  I'm not sure how true that is, but I honestly wouldn't put it past some of these people...

Also, I've missed out on both Megaman and Meta Knight pre-orders over the weekend because I wasn't paying attention.  -_-
Instagram / Want List

Offline Kitkumi

• My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2015, 04:37:32 PM »
...I am bummed out that apparently Best Buy had MetaKnight available for pre-order while I was gone for an hour. Dx

I missed out on it too, and I saw the reddit post about it only ten minutes after it went up T.T They sell out so fast!

@Sora - I saw that story about the Rosalina guy O_o I do love the fact that he 'bought so many because he hates her' because, you know, logic. I know after the story hit that a lot of people were boycotting purchasing from him since all he was doing was re-selling them.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2015, 05:53:08 PM »
ya I read the story about the guy who mass ordered like crazy.  I loved that his pics were showing his massive stash giving everyone the finger..

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2015, 08:01:01 PM »
OMG so I joined the amiibo reddit community and im not the only one who experienced employees letting people buy multiples at Toys R Us. UGH. Seriously I only want the characters I play as in Smash, not the entire amiibo collection :(
So far im looking for Lucario, Sonic, Pit, and preorders for Charizard. I really dont want to give up on getting some of these as Nintendo has been a big part of my life. I hate this artifical demand thwy are making, "when these sell out thats it guys! Good Luck!" Luckily im buds with the guy who works in electronics and he likes to hunt me down and let me know any amiibos we get in stock- thats how I got Toon Link and Zelda! I really need to report that TRU to home office. I hate that Toys R Us by the other closest one is in Frisco.... and Fairview is only like 15 mins from me.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:07:21 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2015, 08:52:13 PM »
I feel like alot of stores dont seem to realize how much of a demand amiibos are, hence why they dont do limits on them. Luckily my TRU is pretty good about it, but i had to notify my Target about how sought after Rosalina would be the day before she released (and told them that she was exclusive to their store).

I found out just now in Reddit that Wal art is going to have an exclusive - the Gold SMB Mario amiibo.  :cry: Of all the stores...
I guess it could be worse: have it (or the Silver Mario) be exclusive to KMart. xD:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2015, 07:21:12 PM »
Woohoo! My Mega Man Amiibo has finally shipped! :frolic:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2015, 07:46:43 PM »
Woohoo! My Mega Man Amiibo has finally shipped! :frolic:

Yay! I'm super jealous, though.

I got my Sonic in the mail from Target today! I also found out that you can order from amazon.de even if you don't live in Germany. I'm pretty tempted to see about ordering Mega Man and maybe Dedede and Meta Knight when they're available.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Bergamot

• View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2015, 07:52:35 PM »
I've got to say, I never expected Amiibo to be this ridiculously popular!

I swung by Target on release day for Rosalina soon after they opened, expecting that I might find one. I had read on Reddit about people camping outside for them, but I didn't expect people would do that where I live.

Boy was I mistaken! The Electronics employee saw me looking at the Amiibo display and informed me that they had sold out of all the special new ones, and that there has been a line for them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal