collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81059 times)

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2015, 09:59:02 AM »
Upcoming Release Dates [USA]

2/13

Ike [Toys 'R' Us]
    King Dedede [Toys 'R' Us]
    Mega Man [Toys 'R' Us]
    Sheik [GameStop]
    Shulk [GameStop]
    Sonic [BestBuy, Toys 'R' Us, Walmart]
    Toon Link [GameStop]

2/20

Ike [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
    King Dedede [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
    Mega Man [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
    Meta Knight [BestBuy]
    Sonic [GameStop]

3/20

Super Mario Series Wave 1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2015, 10:26:01 AM »
why is mega man being released on the 20th at some stores and the 13th at others? :s
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2015, 10:34:55 AM »
Most of them are having staggered releases.  Not really sure why, but in my case I'm kind of happy because if I don't get them on the 13th I have another chance on the 20th. XD

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2015, 10:52:20 AM »
Same! Looks like Toys R Us is where I'll be heading first tomorrow.

I'm not too excited that one of the ones I want most is a store exclusive (Meta Knight). Grrrr!  :stressed: I never even go to Best Buy, I hate that place. Although, I may give them my money if they have the new Kirby game AND a Meta Knight Amiibo available on the 20th.
Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2015, 11:10:11 AM »
I'm not a big fan of Best Buy as well. I did go there today to pick up a Yoshi amiibo to paint for valentine's day, but I only ever go there to get a new cellphone or a game if I feel GameStop wont have it (or enough copies).

Speaking of which: IIRC, Peach, Yoshi, and DK amiibos are currently $9.99 at Best Buy, Amazon, and I think Gamestop.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2015, 11:19:45 AM »
No luck today, but I did find some toy wants of mine! :D I do have some good news though, my Toys R Us and Best Buy will have Sonic tomorrow, and that same Best Buy will be getting Mega Man on the 28th. Hopefully tomorrow I can grab a Sonic for my guy!

Post Merge: February 12, 2015, 11:20:49 AM

Upcoming Release Dates [USA]

2/13

Ike [Toys 'R' Us]
    King Dedede [Toys 'R' Us]
    Mega Man [Toys 'R' Us]
    Sheik [GameStop]
    Shulk [GameStop]
    Sonic [BestBuy, Toys 'R' Us, Walmart]
    Toon Link [GameStop]

2/20

Ike [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
    King Dedede [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
    Mega Man [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
    Meta Knight [BestBuy]
    Sonic [GameStop]

3/20

Super Mario Series Wave 1

Thanks sooooo much! :D

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2015, 12:40:52 PM »
For anyone looking for Shulk amiibo : I just read on reddit that GameStops are now accepting pre-orders for Shulk again since most stores that have him currently only have enough for pre-orders.
It's an web-in-store pre-order, so you have to go to the store in person to do it, only one Shulk per person, you have to pay it in full, and the estimated date is May 1st. I guess they are doing it like this to prevent scalpers.
It just happened not too long ago (within the last hour or so maybe?), so if your store employee/manager doesn't know what your talking about, they may need to check their email.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:43:52 PM by MilkyTaroMochi »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2015, 04:21:45 PM »
For anyone looking for Shulk amiibo : I just read on reddit that GameStops are now accepting pre-orders for Shulk again since most stores that have him currently only have enough for pre-orders.
It's an web-in-store pre-order, so you have to go to the store in person to do it, only one Shulk per person, you have to pay it in full, and the estimated date is May 1st. I guess they are doing it like this to prevent scalpers.
It just happened not too long ago (within the last hour or so maybe?), so if your store employee/manager doesn't know what your talking about, they may need to check their email.

That is excellent news. Can't keep loyal customers if your ticking them all off by screwing over their pre-orders
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2015, 09:16:33 AM »
I just had an insane amiino line experience.
Spoiler
Oh my goodness...... So my friends and us spread all out about the shopping center this morning and stood in line for various stores. So out of 8 stpres.... the only thing we all got was 1 Shiek, and it was since I like to play as Zelda/Shiek. We started with Walmart when we went to pick up Majoras Mask. NONE of the local Walmarts have the Sonics shipped to them, they are still on transit which means they are shipped but havnt arrived yet. So around 9am rolls around.....we all pick stores to go stand in line at. 2 our Best Buys were no luck, one had a HUGE line only for the store manager to tell the line my husband was in had NO amiibos in ANY Best Buy in DFW. WHAT. They told us yesterday they had them and a A LOT of people were upset in the line because they were told the same according to my husband. OMG the WORST was Toys R Us. I actually chose to stand in the TRU line and I got there to see a huge line for Sonic, Mega Man, King D, and Shiek. I some guys with a HANDFUL of those line tickets to buy extras- an older gentleman and a 20ush year old guy with a whole handful of tickets (I assume a dad and son?). Suddenly a TRU employee comes out and says they have preorders in BUT they had extras of Sonic, Mega Man, and 16 Shiek. A few people asked what do you mean by "had" and the employee said these two guys with all the tickets have been there since 8am and they got the extras. An Indian mother was furious and said you need to limit these 1 per household like other stores BUT the employee said they are 'first come first serve'. -____- Customers waiting in line for me were all like, 'what!?' mumbling and stuff all looking at the two guys and went off. The guy with all the tickets said "Sorry, you all should have preordered! ( to TRU employee) Do you guys have the preorders for Majoras Mask 3DS XLs in?" OMG. Thats when I lost it. I said out loud, " WOW. Here YOU two people making this amiibo situation WORSE picking up your preorders, buying out ALL the new amiibos,  then your picking up a $300 XL? You KNOW that they have a 3DS XL Majoras Mask decal sheet on ebay for $7 that covers the entire 3DS and looks the same? Oh wait. No. GO spend all your money on your $300 collector item (he actually was playing on regular 3DS XL while we were waiting for the store to open) so you cant have more money to buy out even MORE amiibos." All the people in line  laughed and the indian mom cheered and started going off at the employee and the skalper guy telling everyone about how she has been up all night looking for Sonic, Link, or King D for her son's late birthday gift because thats all he wanted. So most of us n the TRU line left, more kept coming up as we were leaving, and I walked togamestop who luckily had Shiek for us. We all got back in the car, and shared our little amiibo line stories, and everyone said there was pretty much NOTHING in stock. We were all just trying to mostly find Sonic for Cole,  poor Cole is very sad theres no Sonics! x'( I at least got him Toon Link earlier this week.

It must be nice to live with your parents and go out and buy ya know, what ever you want like say....4 Sonics, 4 Mega Mans and 16+ Shiek after ordering a $300+ 3DS and some new amiibos in a preorders and have parents screaming at you in a Toys R Us line but to go home and forget it all by rolling around in your parents money and amiibos. I hope he drowns in those 16 Shieks.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:36:57 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2015, 10:44:26 AM »
Wow, crazy story Sprinklecupcake!  :cry: I cant believe they let them get all those amiibos - stupid employees. Don't they realize what they did?

I had no luck on my end, either. Got at my store at arounf 9:10, and there always was seven people ahead of me. One guy was there since 7am!
My TRU only had 2 Sonics, 2 Dededes, and 6 Megamans.  :mad:
I still stuck around just in case, and had nice conversation with everyone in line - one of the guys I knew from when I was getting Rosalina.  ^.^

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2015, 10:55:46 AM »
Went to Toys R Us at 10:30 (opens at 10) and missed out on Amiibos. The only employee working at a check-out line told us that they got 1 Dedede, 5 Sonics and 5 Megamans. So... yeah. He also said he has no idea if they'll get more in.

Thanks Nintendo.  Thanks for being the absolute worst. 

I've basically given up on finding Meta Knight at Best Buy next week. I'm so close to just being done with these dumb things, because this distribution is horrible and it makes no sense considering this is wave 3 and they've had time to get their crap together.  At this point, I'm just glad I got my Wii Fit Trainer because apparently she's impossible to find anymore.

Just read your story, Lala... that's insane. I hate people sometimes.  :stressed:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:00:00 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2015, 11:11:09 AM »
I hear ya. If it wasn't for the fact I most likely will need to go to the post office on The 20th (my Best Buy is pretty much a block or two away), I likely wouldn't even bother going for MetaKnight that day (plus to see if they have Sonic or Ike in).

I am getting close to throwing in the towel as well. I just want the ones of characters I like and love - I shouldn't have to wait outside stores EVERY RELEASE DAY just to have a shot at getting them. :(
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:56:59 PM by MilkyTaroMochi »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2015, 11:14:50 AM »
Exactly!  I'm not even trying to make a collection out of them, I just wanted the characters I like/use in Smash Bros.  :cry:

That's what kills me about all of this too.  These weren't meant to be collectibles, but they sure feel like they are with the store exclusives, stores not even knowing if they'll get more stock of certain characters, etc.  I hope that, in a year or so, they'll have re-released all of the characters thus making them easier to obtain.
Instagram / Want List

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2015, 11:16:58 AM »
Okay, I know that there are all sorts of issues with Amiibos being hard to find but it's seriously this bad??? I'm sorry you all had such rotten luck today.

I've been ignoring them for now since I've been waiting for Robin before I buy any others, but now I'm starting to get nervous about getting him. Does anyone know if stores have limited preorder slots (like say only ten people can preorder a figure and then they are 'sold out')?

Also does anyone find it annoying that the first five to be rereleased are five of the like ten characters that are shelf sitters? I know Mario is Nintendo's mascot franchise (and I'm happy to see more Yoshi), but seriously. :|

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2015, 11:20:29 AM »
Sprinkle - I'd phone headoffice to complain. They should absolutely not have allowed that to happen.

The more I hear about this, the more I lose what interest I did have in the Amiibos. This is not how you handle having exclusive and limited products, and making them near impossible to get is just stupid - and I speak as a collector that has paid people to pick up exclusive, event-only items in Japan for me.
Nintendo in general have lost a lot of my respect recently - selling new handheld consoles without chargers, the difference in price between countries (certain items are nearly twice the price in England compared to North America and Japan, Nintendo's eshop is more expensive than high street stores), etc.  Oh, and their stupid region-locking, too.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal