collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 81070 times)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2015, 12:04:29 PM »
Woah.... how did I get far behind on Rosalina!?? I REALLY wanted her!!!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2015, 03:03:08 PM »
So I can't buy any from the Nintendo uk store because they can't be bothered to ship to America! :rant:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2015, 07:43:00 PM »
So I can't buy any from the Nintendo uk store because they can't be bothered to ship to America! :rant:

Noooooooo! I was going to do this later, curse you Nintendo foiling my plans! Just talked to a friend of mine whos a Target associate- as far as the employees know Target will NOT be replenishing Rosalina. Ever. T_____T Much disappoint! I wont be surprised IF they *did* release more in limited quanity because of the demand. Reminds me of the demand of Elsa dolls the other year, everyone got all PO'd and they super-massed produced them amd jacked the prices up on all Frozen merch- especially Elsa. Customers were fighting over the dolls, I hope to dear sweet Celestia that this wont happen with Rosalina. Im watching auctions on ebay and theres some newly listed and they are already climbing into the $30-$40 range! Jeeeze!

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2015, 08:41:56 PM »
Most of the people that I know import rare Amiibos do it from Japan actually.  They don't have any issues shipping to the US.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2015, 01:12:36 AM »

I imagine it's due to the clauses of exclusivity in other countries. What would be the point of a store paying to have an exclusive product if customers could easily buy/import it from the supplier themselves?

I don't know if Rosalina is exclusive here, but some video game retailers do ship internationally (though shipping likely won't be cheap), so they may be able to help you out.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2015, 02:45:11 AM »
Most of the people that I know import rare Amiibos do it from Japan actually.  They don't have any issues shipping to the US.

Omigosh, do I need to know someone in japan to buy/ ship me one or is there a website somewhere I can order them!? :-3

Offline Iris

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2015, 06:27:19 AM »
I'm not sure who has what in stock right now, but a few sites off the top of my head:

www.YesAsia.com
www.play-asia.com
www.amiami.com
www.nippon-yasan.com
And then of course Ebay - they should have both english and asia listings for sale.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2015, 06:31:22 AM »
Well... The American Nintendo store can't be bothered to ship to the UK either, so...  :P

I still haven't had any luck with Pit :( But I'd like to get my hands on this set instead....

Edit: Bah, still the old system on the rail...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:40:17 AM by Sora »

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2015, 07:31:26 AM »
I'm not sure who has what in stock right now, but a few sites off the top of my head:

www.YesAsia.com
www.play-asia.com
www.amiami.com
www.nippon-yasan.com
And then of course Ebay - they should have both english and asia listings for sale.

You are awesome

Post Merge: February 06, 2015, 07:32:11 AM

Well... The American Nintendo store can't be bothered to ship to the UK either, so...  :P

I still haven't had any luck with Pit :( But I'd like to get my hands on this set instead....

Edit: Bah, still the old system on the rail...

Well the pickings are slim here anyways BUT shame on you US Nintendo Store for not shipping stuff to other places! :mad:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2015, 01:16:32 PM »
From what I have read on reddit, even non-US stores are having a hard time with amiibos due to importing. One guy went to a store in the UK to pre-order one of the new amiibos and was told by the employee that that character already sold out due to a lot of people in the States trying to import it through them.

Nintendo just really dropped the ball on amiibos. You think they'd have learned from how Skylanders and Disney Infinity handles their releases.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2015, 04:07:56 PM »
I think they're awesome even though I don't have a Wii U. That said, I don't have any.  I have a very addictive personality and if I start collecting I will want them ALL so it's best for me I don't start at all. ^^;

...though if I was to buy one it'd be Sonic...

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2015, 09:18:01 AM »

Nintendo just really dropped the ball on amiibos. You think they'd have learned from how Skylanders and Disney Infinity handles their releases.

I'm not sure that Nintendo has really dropped the ball (I mean, they have, but I think at this point it is also intentional). I was speaking with some people at toys r us the other weekend about it and one said that Nintendo was being crazy, they could make so much more money if they made these things widespread like Skylanders, but my response was that they are being brilliant. If they were everywhere, easy to get, people would not be scrambling for them like they are (I mean, there was a group of us hanging around a toy store for an hour before they opened in the freezing cold just for a CHANCE to pick up an amiibo lol). They've created the artificial demand for their product by not having the supply to meet it, and being cryptic about any information regarding them. Just my opinion though :)

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2015, 09:26:46 AM »
So my local Target said they had 40 Rosalinas in stock... before they were all bought that one morning! Jeeze that seems like a LOT! The employee at electronics said they got an email that Rpsalina is NOT replenishable after they sell out, so blah....as far as I know I missed my chance! Ive already been outbid 8 times at least on ebay LOL

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2015, 10:49:42 AM »
Speaking of lack of figures... is it really that bad? Cause when I was in Whitehorse last week, Walmart and EB Games were flooded with the figures. Like each one has a whole wall of them. Sure not all of the figures, but there was an awful lot.  Or is the shortage a regional thing?

Offline Iris

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2015, 12:08:30 PM »
The shortage is on certain characters and to some extent the newly released ones.  Most stores have a ton of Peach, Zelda, Mario, Kirby, etc but characters like Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, and Fox are much harder to come by.  The fact that Rosalina, Lucario, Meta Knight and Shulk are store exclusives have made them particular hard to find, especially if they're going to have stupid policies like Target where 'once we sell out we won't get any more'.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal