collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Amiibos  (Read 80543 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Amiibos
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2015, 08:24:19 AM »
Their function seems a bit pointless, but I'm tempted to get Lucina, given GSC decided to price her Figma so high and give her no accessories  :mad: Depends what the final product looks like.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2015, 08:35:22 AM »
I got Link and I want Sonic, Lucario and Rosalina.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »
Their function seems a bit pointless, but I'm tempted to get Lucina, given GSC decided to price her Figma so high and give her no accessories  :mad: Depends what the final product looks like.

Totally agreed! Even on Lucina being the only one I'm interested in! However, as I said in my previous post, I have not at all been impressed with the quality of the figures.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »
Did anyone have any luck getting Rosalina? Is it true that once Target sells out they won't release more?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2015, 01:06:28 PM »
I got Rosalina yesterday morning, but it was because I'd been keeping an eye on it (it is a Valentines gift for my boyfriend) so I knew I had to line up at Target to get one.  My Target in particular had two dozen of them and had a 1 per person limit, but they still sold out within 30 minutes.

A Target employee posted a memo that looks like it does say Rosalina won't be restocked once she's out, but maybe they'll have enough to put some online eventually?

* Edit*

That said I just used the 'find in store' function online and about 4 stores within 50 miles of me do claim to have some, so maybe you can get lucky and find some still.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:21:06 PM by Iris »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2015, 01:45:52 PM »
Congrats Iris. :)  I went to Target this afternoon to get one but they told they had sold out an hour after they opened yesterday. :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2015, 03:13:07 PM »
I showed up at my closest Target (45 minutes away) at 8:50 yesterday and no luck, they'd sold out already. The guy there said they only got 16 in. He called the next-nearest Target (an additional 30 minutes drive) and they had some in stock but wouldn't hold them. So we made the drive even though we were on a major time crunch, and I almost had a heart attack when I saw two people at the electronics counter each checking out with a Rosalina, and none on the shelves. But they had the Rosalinas in a box behind the counter, so I was able to get one! Yay! That store got 24 in total, I was told.

I also heard about the memo stating that they wouldn't restock, but I don't know if it's legit or not. This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. You shouldn't have to line up outside a store before opening on release day to have a chance at buying a figurine.

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2015, 05:02:35 PM »
No kidding. I'm gonna order mine from the UK Nintendo store, they're kind enough to limit one character per customer and not sell 50 to scalpers who cut into people's pre-orders. It'll be a little more expensive but, at the store I'd be the cashier a 20 anyways. I think I'd like to buy Zelda and Peach, they're beautifully detailed and Rosalina and Luma look so nice but I can't drag my butt off to Target just like that and they are probably sold out anyways, plus I don't have a lot of attatchment to her anyways.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2015, 09:21:44 PM »
I got Rosalina right when the doors opened, and happy that I did. My store had at least 20 of her, and there were ten people outside waiting when the store opened (i was the third one in line). She is the only other amiibo I would do this for since I am a HUGE Rosalina fan - the other one is Lucario, but my TRU only had three in, and they were just for pre-orders.

I am just going to get an import Lucario from Amazon, and likely will do the same with Marth.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2015, 08:17:51 PM »
My boyfriend bought the zelda one. I don't know much about them other than they're collectible and I think you can use them on the games for the wii? I'm not sure. They're details are very well done though.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2015, 08:18:23 AM »
This whole thing is making me angry.  If I had realized sooner that Nintendo was going to be stupid about this, I would've pre-ordered Mega Man, Meta Knight and Dedede from the current wave.  Also, I've heard rumors that Rosalina won't be back in stock and that they're already "retiring" certain Amiibos.  Surely they knew these would be popular... I refuse to give my money to the people who bought a ton just to resell them at a higher price.  I'd rather miss out on the Amiibos all together.  -_-
Instagram / Want List

Offline therainbowtroll

• Depends Pony
  • I'm the pony everypony should know!
    • View Profile
    • FA
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2015, 08:45:50 AM »
I m obsessed with amiibos! I almost have wave 1 complete (need donkey and mario) and I am watching an amiibo group on facebook so I can get good deals. Its almost impossible to buy some of them in the store. My boyfriend recently got bowser for me and I love him! Im looking foward for my sonic when he comes in :)
https://ibb.co/kUfiYF
By pawpatrolbab

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2015, 09:45:49 AM »
This whole thing is making me angry.  If I had realized sooner that Nintendo was going to be stupid about this, I would've pre-ordered Mega Man, Meta Knight and Dedede from the current wave.  Also, I've heard rumors that Rosalina won't be back in stock and that they're already "retiring" certain Amiibos.  Surely they knew these would be popular... I refuse to give my money to the people who bought a ton just to resell them at a higher price.  I'd rather miss out on the Amiibos all together.  -_-

yeah tell me about it. I intend to preorder duck hunt duo and palutena as soon as they announce them
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2015, 10:16:01 AM »

I reckon it's a ploy - make a high demand for the product by initially releasing a limited run, then later give it a more blanket release and watch people not only rush to buy it because of the perceived rareness but also buy multiples to sell, AND ensure they pre-order and queue for other in the series.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2015, 11:26:33 AM »
Yeah I was hoping to get Meta Knight for my boyfriend for his birthday/valentines, but it's looking like that is going to be CRAZY hard to get as a Best Buy exclusive.  Still not sure if I should just try to import it from overseas or continue to cross my fingers and hope I'll be able to snag one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal