collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blue Lickety Split  (Read 3259 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Lickety Split
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 08:56:12 AM »
So Has it been Totally ruled out their may be ponies from Chili out there?
At one time it was thought the Lickety Splits were from Chili.  There has not been a MIB Lickety Split Veny Found to date.

But 3 loose ones in the Venezuela 'style' is that right [this one, Glacias and someone elses who I cant remember (I want to say Baby Sugarberry but I may be wrong)]?

Dont you find it odd that only a few different types have actually been found MIB - all those blue Cotton Candys, all those Poseys...you only have to look at angelponies Great Wall of Venezuela and your own fab tally of ponies to see that the "types" found have been relatively limited when we compare other countries - almost like one large set of ponies [the early earth ponies plus a couple all smooshed together]. Other than India, does any other nirvana country have such a limited spectrum of ponies?

And I ll bow out of crashing this thread with nosy questions!!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 09:10:14 AM »
At one time it was thought the Lickety Splits were from Chili.  There has not been a MIB Lickety Split Veny Found to date.

But 3 loose ones in the Venezuela 'style' is that right [this one, Glacias and someone elses who I cant remember (I want to say Baby Sugarberry but I may be wrong)]?

Dont you find it odd that only a few different types have actually been found MIB - all those blue Cotton Candys, all those Poseys...you only have to look at angelponies Great Wall of Venezuela and your own fab tally of ponies to see that the "types" found have been relatively limited when we compare other countries - almost like one large set of ponies [the early earth ponies plus a couple all smooshed together]. Other than India, does any other nirvana country have such a limited spectrum of ponies?

And I ll bow out of crashing this thread with nosy questions!!

What I find intersting is two of the Lickety splits were found in Chili, we do know ponies travel, but two LS found in the same country, none found in Venezuela loose or MIB and then there is the two tone mane on Glacia's, no two tone mane ponies have been found with the Venys.  Personally I think there are still Countries some of these belong to that have not been id
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:13:17 AM by shelti »
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 11:05:04 AM »

this is true! we have not seen a MIB Venezuela lickerty split, we still do have a little doubt over them. i know the lickertys that have been found have a look of a venuzelan pony, but i would love to see one MIB.

chili has not really been ruled out yet ;) i know ember1 was/is sure that there are ponies made in chili.

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »
We haven't seen a MIB Medley, any Venny Bowtie or any Venny Skydancer either I believe and the boxes mentioned the latter two, so it's possible that the stock of MIBs that was found in the warehouse was only a specific wave of ponies.

However, I'm super curious as to why my Lickety is the only one with two-toned hair after all of the ones that have surfaced :what: Her eyes still look a bit Colombian to me too even though I don't have another Venny to compare her to (and I know Colombia did the different hair colors in different rows to some extent), but Colombia didn't make Licketys or walking-pose ponies :drunk:

I REALLY wish ponies could talk, I'd love to know where mine really came from.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
The eyes look Columbian to me on both Glacia's Lickety AND the OPs, but like Glacia said I never saw any walking pose or Lickety Splits made in Columbia. However, Glacia's Lickety does have the weird fading-like effect on the ink of the eye that I can see, which one of my Vene Posey's eye also has. It seems like they didn't let the paint dry long enough or didn't use thick enough paint in the first place.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Lickety in the original post just seems to be Columbian because of how thick the paint is and how short and thick the eyelashes look to be, in comparison to the thinner eye paint on walking-pose Venezuelans. I really have no idea what to think anymore. :drunk:
Why can't we just find them MIB and stop wondering? XD
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 11:50:19 AM »

That would be so wonderful Glacia if ponies could tell their story but because they don't we have to keep trying to match where they are found and other little clues.  I do know two of the  lickety splits were found in Chili, not exactly next door neighbor to Venezuela.  With this new one that just surfaced found in Chili it sorta throws the hunt back to that country again. 

The Veny Box does mention Skydancer, Melody and bowtie, don't you think the lovely blue Cotton Candy with pink hair and  pink spots looks like the common color version of bow tie?  One never quite knows for sure...
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 12:22:47 PM »

That would be so wonderful Glacia if ponies could tell their story but because they don't we have to keep trying to match where they are found and other little clues.  I do know two of the  lickety splits were found in Chili, not exactly next door neighbor to Venezuela.  With this new one that just surfaced found in Chili it sorta throws the hunt back to that country again. 

The Veny Box does mention Skydancer, Melody and bowtie, don't you think the lovely blue Cotton Candy with pink hair and  pink spots looks like the common color version of bow tie?  One never quite knows for sure...

The OP actually said the pony was found in Peru...But she's definitely not Peruvian.  :what:

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 12:33:14 PM »
I'm not ruling out Chilean ponies, but I'm not sure if we can rule it in for sure or not yet. We need more information really :)

(the country is spelled Chile ;) )

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 12:46:50 PM »
Huge congrats!  She's beautiful!!

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 12:49:34 PM »
The OP actually said the pony was found in Peru...But she's definitely not Peruvian.

Stand Corrected all the way around, Peru, next door neighbor of Chile

(the country is spelled Chile ;) )
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 01:18:36 PM »
I love a good mystery, but I don't know how this one will be solved! XD

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 01:26:10 PM »
I love a good mystery, but I don't know how this one will be solved! XD

Some times they are never worked out Chi and some times all of a sudden "Big" things happen, such as with the Colombian ponies.  There Always seems to be a Mystery Pony :).  Because Hasbro never really kept records of their licensing partnerships or shall we say never forthcoming to requests for information on them, there very well could still be countries that produced ponies.  And because those places are not yet so "Hooked" into the world wide network we just don't know.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline LuvMyBoy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 01:32:02 PM »
Wow! My first thought is Venezuela, man I would die to find that pony!

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »
Wow! I havent seen a venny lickety with yellow hair yet! congrats on your find!

Well, I think on the old arena Sea-Breeze said she had relatives in Chile that said that g1 MLP's were sold there? I Didnt think there'd be ponies in CHILI though! XD
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:43:06 PM by Behemoth »
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Danilude

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 11:32:38 AM »

The OP actually said the pony was found in Peru...But she's definitely not Peruvian.  :what:

Indeed, i live in Chile but i bought the Blue Lickety in PerĂº where i was born and grown up, so when i was a kid i knew Basa made MLP, but not in Chile. I know here in Chile all ponies in the 80's where imported from U.S. with the "hong kong" mark. Otherwise I know that many rich families in Lima-PerĂº used to buy toys from other countries in those years.

Anyway i'm so happy to found her!!! i promise i'll put good pics of her!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal