collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your deflocked So Softs!  (Read 4649 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Show me your deflocked So Softs!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 04:29:23 PM »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 05:47:28 PM »

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 08:55:35 PM »
They are all so beautiful! The colours on Twist always wow me! I'm a bit nervous to start my deflock, and I can't find any Jasco locally - does anyone know of another product that would work as an equivalent?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 10:32:20 PM »

Here's my shining star! I found her hiding under some clothes at a garage sale with
frizzy hair and filthy flocking.
I paid someone on here to deflock her cuz I was sick of crying every time I looked at her.  :P
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 02:04:12 AM »
I've never really paid much attention to So Softs, but some of these deflocked girls are now on my want list!! There are some truly gorgeous ponies amongst them!! This is my only deflock, I bought her half done and a kind member on here finished her off for me. She's beautiful!!

Jules x
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 02:07:10 AM by Juliepants »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 07:11:57 AM »
I've never really paid much attention to So Softs, but some of these deflocked girls are now on my want list!! There are some truly gorgeous ponies amongst them!! This is my only deflock, I bought her half done and a kind member on here finished her off for me. She's beautiful!!

Jules x

Wow, yes she is really beautiful! I'm working on Ribbon next.  She kind of fell into my basket  :blush:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 08:32:26 AM »
They are all so beautiful! The colours on Twist always wow me! I'm a bit nervous to start my deflock, and I can't find any Jasco locally - does anyone know of another product that would work as an equivalent?

I was never able to find Jasco either.  I use very hot water for getting most of the flocking off and then pure acetone on non-painted areas and rubbing alcohol on painted ones to remove the glue residue and any remaining flocking. 

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 08:43:46 AM »

I was never able to find Jasco either.  I use very hot water for getting most of the flocking off and then pure acetone on non-painted areas and rubbing alcohol on painted ones to remove the glue residue and any remaining flocking. 

Thanks! I'll be sure to give that a try. My manky Magic Star is pleading to be cleaned up!

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 09:57:55 AM »
I'm slowly gathering upgrades (or downgrades if I find them) of my so softs so I can have a deflocked sister for each so soft I own.  Not sure if I'll ever be able to get another Crumpet, so she may have to wait a looooong time  ^.^
I just couldn't bear the thought of getting rid of my childhood ponies as I got upgrades, so giving them a new lease on life after getting rid of all the nasty flocking seemed like the best idea!
Loving the pics!  I'll upload mine as soon as I can!

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2015, 04:49:58 AM »
I did my second deflock yesterday and it was so much easier than what I attempted years ago. Years ago I tried just using nail polish remover and that was a nightmare. I read someone's tutorial and used the oxiclean and boiling water and scrubbed the flock off with a toothbrush. After I used nail polish remover to get any spots that didn't come off. Here are the before and after pics-

I'm so glad she didn't sell, cuz I had her listed on eBay before.

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2015, 05:32:29 AM »
I already knew I wanted all the so softs deflocked for my collection, as I am also in the boat that I am not a fan of the fuzzy stuff. They are so vibrant and gorgeous underneath! :drool: That you so much for sharing all of the wonderful pictures! ^^
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2015, 06:32:36 AM »
Gorgeous Wind Whistler!!!

Jules x

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2015, 04:53:59 PM »
Gorgeous Wind Whistler!!!

Jules x

Thanks! :) Her hair is pretty faded, but I still think she is beautiful. I love her bright blue color.

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2015, 06:26:54 AM »
Your Twilight is a beautiful restoration Beldarna. Your so lucky to have her. :lovey:

Wow! Get a load of Shady! Hasbro had to have made her flocked so they wouldn't be hit by multi lawsuits for blinding millions of kids. :lol:

Deflocked Shady is really quite tame in comparison to the UK release of Shady, who wasn't flocked and who really does put new meaning into the word 'neon' :) Clearly Hasbro in Europe didn't care about blinding kids, but it might explain her psychadelic personality and her hallucinogenic sunglasses...

The only deflocked pony I have is Ribbon at the moment, and I don't have a picture of her to hand, but she is stunning. Lofty, Ribbon and Paradise appeared in the UK somewhat but never got sold here, and since we didn't properly have SS ponies here, I always wanted nss versions of them. I got my grail thanks to Bibi (Brazilian Paradise) but Brazilian Ribbon is not a unicorn, so she's not the pony I imagined as a child. The deflock fills that gap and one day I will have a Lofty too, to go with.

I would really like to get more deflocks but I don't want any deflocks of ponies that look the same as their UK counterparts. I think there were a lot of frauds in the early days, when the UK Movie ponies were a lot harder to get online, with people deflocking North Star, Buttons etc and trying to pass them off as UK originals. I don't think it matters as much now as it did, thankfully, but there is still that risk with Cupcake and with Truly, so my deflock wantlist will definitely stick only to those ponies that do not have either a NSS version, or their NSS version is different enough not to cause confusion.

It's why I'm glad the US version of WW has all pink symbols, so there can be no confusion with the blue/pink symbolled European/UK version. (I also really like the blue that the deflocked WW is, compared to the pale blue of our release, which is nice but not so nice if the pony has faded hair)

Twist is the one that looks the most amazing to me, but so does Hippety Hop. Those are definitely high on my wants for deflocks in the future, if I ever get a pony in the right condition (though I'd have to commission it. I have no skillz >.>)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal