collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G5 assumptions  (Read 24758 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: G5 assumptions
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2014, 10:36:56 AM »
COOL Thread :)   :biggrin:
  so far  4 years of them :) I hope it goes for many years

G1 lasted  13 yrs
G2   7 years
G3   6 years  with special releases for 3 more years
G3.5   2 years
G4    4 years so far  ................     will it surpass the previous generations ???
I'm going to make a correction to the G2

G2 only lasted 1 year in the US and 7 years outside of the US :)
Also I doubt any Gen will surpass G1 in terms of Years
  It lasted 2 years   in USA :)   

well the show is supposedly going to run 5 more years :) so I hope it surpass all the other generations :) but yes it is a hard guess at this time :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »
This thread has made me laugh out loud several times. You guys are too funny!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2014, 10:51:31 AM »
COOL Thread :)   :biggrin:
  so far  4 years of them :) I hope it goes for many years

G1 lasted  13 yrs
G2   7 years
G3   6 years  with special releases for 3 more years
G3.5   2 years
G4    4 years so far  ................     will it surpass the previous generations ???
I'm going to make a correction to the G2

G2 only lasted 1 year in the US and 7 years outside of the US :)
Also I doubt any Gen will surpass G1 in terms of Years
  It lasted 2 years   in USA :)   

well the show is supposedly going to run 5 more years :) so I hope it surpass all the other generations :) but yes it is a hard guess at this time :)
To be honest I hope it never surpasses G1 in terms of years.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »
Nobody commits to 5 years of episodes of a cartoon...even a show like The Simpsons is on annual renewal and could be cancelled at any time. They can say they would like to do 5 years, Hasbro and The Hub can say thats the plan...but its certainly not a solid commitment. I would be stunned if we got another 5 years of episodes to be honest.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2014, 11:50:47 AM »
true, and with the way the toys are so closely tied to the show and can't stand on their own, I would be the toys stop when the cartoon series stops.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Blushes

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2014, 11:53:57 AM »
true, and with the way the toys are so closely tied to the show and can't stand on their own, I would be the toys stop when the cartoon series stops.
Great point ^

The show's already begun to tire for me personally. What more could they possibly do? What's great about G1 is there's so many ponies to collect! They're all different too!  We have a few different brushables for G4, but that's about it. All the diversity is in the blind bags. Honestly I'd love to see some more Zebras. :D

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »
I kind of want a nightmare-inducing Equestria Girls-faced G4! I'd love to see more "customs", particularly of the ponies who have wings. That would look funky!
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2014, 02:19:51 PM »

Or they will do what a lot of toy lines do...start the show all over again (with 5 years worth of cartoons but no financial commitment to make the show) and sell the same toys all over again to a new market who are now the right age.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2014, 02:45:42 AM »
WHY does that man pony thing exist?! :lmao:

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2014, 10:13:34 AM »
Or they will do what a lot of toy lines do...start the show all over again (with 5 years worth of cartoons but no financial commitment to make the show) and sell the same toys all over again to a new market who are now the right age.
The problem is they repeat the show constantly (I think the show runs through its entirety every seven weeks), so it's not like they could act like the show is making a return.

There are time I think the shrinking brand loyalty period is a self fulfilling prophecy.  Companies figure kids won't be interested in a brand as long, so they make the brand to not keep a kid's interest for long.  I know it's a novel concept, but if you act like your brand is disposable, people will treat it like its disposable.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2014, 01:18:07 PM »
The problem is they repeat the show constantly (I think the show runs through its entirety every seven weeks), so it's not like they could act like the show is making a return.

There are time I think the shrinking brand loyalty period is a self fulfilling prophecy.  Companies figure kids won't be interested in a brand as long, so they make the brand to not keep a kid's interest for long.  I know it's a novel concept, but if you act like your brand is disposable, people will treat it like its disposable.

They dont need longer than a few months between not showing it and showing it again...or selling it to a different network to claim its making a return. The joy of a young audience is a continual revolving door of new customers. Its amazing in some ways that they are still churning out the show to be honest especially as they could just loop it once a week for 2 years and by the end of the run they will be on to a new group of kids.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2014, 02:22:25 PM »
While a young audience is a revolving door, customer retention is still important (even if their efforts on that front are beyond weak).  The series is also the best way to advertise the new gimmick of the year.  There's also the bronies who would rage if they ended the show and then brought it back in a way like Transformers Gen 2.  Cheap CGI transitions for all.

And from what I've heard the going almost exclusively Mane 6 and Princesses strategy isn't putting ponies in customers hands all that well.  Hasbro is making money hand over fist because stores are buying them for resale.  However, if ponies warm shelves, stores will eventually stop ordering them.

I do think the brony craze is beginning to hurt the brand.  With the toys being influenced by the studio and the studio being enraptured by the bronies and the bronies only caring about the Mane 6 and some fan faves who don't make the best toys, there could be trouble.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2014, 02:34:08 PM »
The core line is something that Hasbro have been doing since 2007 now - if it was really hurting the line, they would have changed it up by now. 7 years with the same tactic is clearly working for them now.
Loa is my love god!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2014, 02:48:42 PM »
While a young audience is a revolving door, customer retention is still important (even if their efforts on that front are beyond weak).  The series is also the best way to advertise the new gimmick of the year.  There's also the bronies who would rage if they ended the show and then brought it back in a way like Transformers Gen 2.  Cheap CGI transitions for all.

And from what I've heard the going almost exclusively Mane 6 and Princesses strategy isn't putting ponies in customers hands all that well.  Hasbro is making money hand over fist because stores are buying them for resale.  However, if ponies warm shelves, stores will eventually stop ordering them.

I do think the brony craze is beginning to hurt the brand.  With the toys being influenced by the studio and the studio being enraptured by the bronies and the bronies only caring about the Mane 6 and some fan faves who don't make the best toys, there could be trouble.
Errr  Bronies are all about mane 6 but also on any other pony that catches their eye, otherwise :muffin: Pony, DjPon3, Dr Whooves  and many others,would have never become fan favorites :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2014, 03:40:01 PM »
Errr  Bronies are all about mane 6 but also on any other pony that catches their eye, otherwise :muffin: Pony, DjPon3, Dr Whooves  and many others,would have never become fan favorites :)
But they don't make the best brushable toys.  And when Hasbro makes them, they shove them into an expensive set.

It's not been 7 straight years of a limited toyline.  G3 was able to keep the Core 7 alive by releasing G3.5 with new playsets.  G4 also had a many brushable ponies for the first couple of years.  Now it seems G4 is keeping the Mane 6 relevant by altering them.  Twilight's now a princess and we now have the Rainbow Power forms.

And again it's not the customers that pay Hasbro, it's the stores.  As long as Hasbro can convince stores people will buy their latest rendition of the Mane 6, the stores will order them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal