collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 477 times)

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
What would you do?
« on: February 12, 2013, 10:49:37 AM »
Okay, so I'm going through all my G3s, putting them in boxes standing up, and I plan to bring 90% of them to the pony con to sell.

I'm starting by taking turn-about pictures, and up-close pictures of their cutie, hoof heart, and eyes, then I'm uploading the pictures after filling a box, getting their pictures labeled with the year and the pony name, and then I'm slowly washing them, brushing and curling their hair. Due to lack of hair pins for the curlers, I can only style about 14 ponies at one time. Thus far I have two boxes, one of which is in the process of having the ponies ID'd, the other is the one I started doing the washing and hair curling of. (It should be noted that 99% of them aren't really dirty, I'm just doing that as the principle of the idea.)

Well, I just took the curlers out of the first pony's hair, and she looks adorable.

So now I'm wondering if I should take the turn-around pictures again, or just wait until after the con and re-take the pictures then? Who ever is left will be listed herein and on ebay (maybe). The primary reason I'm taking pictures in the first place is paranoia in case something happens before the convention (house fire, theft, tornado, etc). That, and so I can figure out who's who without having their magentic hooves next to my poor, screen-damaged laptop. XD

Thoughts?

Edit: Forgot to mention, my camera takes 4 AA batteries to run, and I've already gone through 2 sets between these two boxes (currently using set 2).
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:29:47 AM »
Honestly, if you're going to be taking them to the fair to sell, why are you taking all these pictures now?  People will be picking them up in person and giving them the eye seeing their perfections and/or flaws themselves.  All sales are final at the fair.  I wouldn't worry with pics until after the fair.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:55:06 AM »
Honestly, if you're going to be taking them to the fair to sell, why are you taking all these pictures now?  People will be picking them up in person and giving them the eye seeing their perfections and/or flaws themselves.  All sales are final at the fair.  I wouldn't worry with pics until after the fair.
Because the Fair isn't until after my mother's birthday, and there's a 75% chance we'll get a tornado that week. Given that the last tornado we had in the area landed within 3 miles of us, having pictures to show the insurance agency, yes, I really did own these, is a good thing.

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 12:13:23 PM »
If it's for insurance i'd bunch them all all up and take a group shot.   An insurance agent would not want to page through an album of hundreds of individual pony pics.  One-three good shots + an estimated value # will get the point across that it's a collection and all.  God willing, no more heinous tornados will rip through.

However, if you're having fun taking all these pics then I guess the answer is to carry on.  you could always post an album here for more pony appreciative audiences to go over. :)
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 04:41:14 PM »
I agree if you are enjoying catalogeing keep going :)

However if the main reason for taking pictures is for insurance then I personally wouldnt worry about close ups of eyes or symbols or of both sides or even if they are styled. I would simply snap a neat image of each pony and upload it for record - the name of the pony I am sure would suffice.

You could then completely clean and style those you are taking to the Con and pop them away. Whichever ponies come home with you for re sale here or on ebay, then you should take the other angles and close ups :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 04:46:35 PM »
Yes for insurance I agree with what has been said a group shot and no need for major close ups just enough so the agents can see the difference between one picture group and the other.  Since I had to make claims for stuff with insurance they do want photos and they will only go by the price the item cost initially when it comes to toys that are less than 15 years old.  Nice companies will actually consider the cost it would be to replace each item. My insurance company is that way.  They will look at the replacement value too.  I now know the value of keeping receipts for collections, yet I never really have.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:49:02 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 07:27:30 PM »
That's a good idea!

Thanks everypony! ^__^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal