collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Impressions on Trixie and Lyra.  (Read 4702 times)

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Impressions on Trixie and Lyra.
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 08:04:46 PM »
I love them!! I really want to get them. I love the colors, silvery green and blues!!

keikokukien

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 09:00:29 PM »
Honestly, I want to get a few extra Lyras and customize/rehair at least one of them with a pastel rainbow theme. XD I just love her body color. If I put Lyra and Trixie side-by-side, they do look...well...like your brother said, monotonous. If I put them away from eachother with a bunch of pink/purple/red ponies, they look gorgeous. It's an odd effect. ^^

Pinecone

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 09:07:13 PM »
I prefer the name Heartstrings, but lookwise, neither pony leaves that much impression on me. They're cute, like any pony, but I actually like Hasbro's non-show characters the best.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 09:57:36 PM »
I prefer the name Heartstrings, but lookwise, neither pony leaves that much impression on me. They're cute, like any pony, but I actually like Hasbro's non-show characters the best.
+1. Personally, I prefer the name Heartstrings and Lullamoon too (and had them recorded in my register as such). Don't get me wrong, I like the ponies, but I like them just as much as the other ponies in my collection, nothing special about them that warrants them extra attention.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 11:11:10 PM »
I think they're both pretty but I also have no problem with monochromatic ponies (I also like Princess Tiffany and Blueberry Baskets.). I only wish we cold get new eye shapes for the unicorns.

That said, Sunny Rays in my favorite from this wave.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2012, 11:16:47 PM »
Poor Cherry Berry, outshined by the other 3.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2012, 11:56:51 PM »
I think they're both pretty but I also have no problem with monochromatic ponies (I also like Princess Tiffany and Blueberry Baskets.). I only wish we cold get new eye shapes for the unicorns.
i like all colour ponies as mentioned above and butterscotch, blossom and all the pink on pink and yellow on yellow like lofty but these 2 were flat for some reason, i totally agree on the eye thing i think that would help heaps
Poor Cherry Berry, outshined by the other 3.
poor girl but what a ghastly shade of pink with yellow hair, what was hasbro thinking, i only bought her to complete the set
next wave please :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 12:07:10 AM »
poor girl but what a ghastly shade of pink with yellow hair, what was hasbro thinking, i only bought her to complete the set
;.;
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 07:47:58 AM »
Aw I like Cherry Berry's more muted, darker pink.
Actually I love the ponies colors in this wave more than any other wave I think.
Trixie's dark blue, Sunny Ray's pale yellow
and mint green in my favorite color so of course I adore Lyra. <3
I don't think every pony needs contrasting colors. It's nice to have some monochromatic ponies like Trixie and Lyra thrown in. I think they're lovely.

(I do wonder why they changed Cherry Berry's eye color from her blind bag ver. I'm really not sure if I'd prefer her to have green eyes or the pinkish color, which is exactly the same as Sunny Rays, that she ended up with. She looks nice how she is though.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:54:43 AM by 3377345 »

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 07:50:18 AM »
I see what you mean about them looking "monotonous." I personally love the monochromatic ponies.  Simple, yet elegant.  I'm a big fan of the Sweetheart Sisters Pretty Ponies, and they are all like that too - same hair and body color.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2012, 08:03:45 AM »
I still need Lyra but I have the other 3 and love them all.

I didn't think I would like Trixie like i do but she is one of my fav G4s. Just can't stand her in the show.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2012, 08:23:45 AM »
Swordpony, I have an extra Lyra if you want to trade.  She's got that stupid DVD, though.

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2012, 09:27:23 AM »
I feel the same way about G3 Peachy Pie. :P But I agree that some things do look really pretty in monotonous shades :) And I guess the nostalgic factor plays in to my bias -- Lyra is a lot like G1 Medley ;)
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »
Haha when I saw the name of this thread, I thought "Omg did someone have the same thought I did?" But after reading the comments, apparently no one did lol.

Ever since I bought Trixie and Lyra and brought them home, I've had just one thought: "These two ponies HAVE to be sisters." They look so alike! They're both a cool color, with matching hair with even white streaks, and a warm contrasting color for their eyes. Their cutie marks are even on opposite flanks so when on display, they face each other. They just look like non-identical twins to me! From now on, in my head-canon, Trixie and Lyra are estranged sisters. XD

;.;

When I first saw Cherry Berry my thought was "Oh great, another pink one... oh well, I'm buying all the new characters so I'll grab her too." Then when I got her home and took her out of the box and put her with the other G4's, I was pleasantly surprised! Her pink color is WAY different than the other pink G4's! All the other pink G4's are like a pastel cutesy pink, while Cherry Berry has a darker tone. It actually makes her look much more unique and she stands out in the crowd, like Cheerilee does with her intense dark purple/pink color.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »
I've always been a fan of monochromatic ponies, so their color schemes don't bother me. I think Lyra's colors are lovely and I'm actually glad they didn't go with blue for her hair as it appears in the show, I much prefer it this way. I do wish that Hasbro hadn't done away with the bangs though, I think it would have been cute on her.

What bothers me the most with G4's is that each of the pony types more or less have their own eye shape and that's it. Since Hasbro only has two slightly different body poses to work with and they're now all being manufactured with the same length hair, it's beginning to seem like it's the same pony over and over with a different color scheme every time a new one is released. I'd love it if they made a few new head molds to mix things up a bit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal