collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 3 random ID's?..please?  (Read 2190 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: 3 random ID's?..please?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 02:59:36 PM »
i do intend to keep atleast spunky...the 3 of thhem got a good deep scrub last night with the exception of the fact i didnt want to unbraid the fakies hair "yet"......brushed out the otehr 2 sooo much tangled mess in that friz..they came suprisingly clean...now i need to figth teh frizzys!!!

Conditioner [human or fabric] and a set of straightners!!!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Wilford B Wolf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 06:41:21 PM »
straightners?...no explain please

of course i used "mane and tail" shampoo and condition on all 3 of them LOL....no im not kidding

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 06:44:14 PM »
I think she means you can use a flat iron to straighten the hair. Personally, I don't bother, but if the frizz is really bad even after conditioning, it's supposed to work. I don't bother because I can't seem to do it right...

Plus, Spunky has curly hair...

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:39:47 PM »
looks like they beat me to the IDs, but im not sure, but that fakie might be a CPK pony (cabbage patch kids) they tend to look kinda chunky, tho it might be a fakie of them then... hard to tell. and yeah spunky is supposed to have a little mop of curly hair so it might not really be frizz. i jsut heavily condition it, finger tease it to find the original curls, then carefully rinse them out. if youre worried about straighteners you might be able to pull off a simple leg and neckwrap for the drink n wet. easier with decent results. =]

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 08:11:07 PM »
The purple pony is just your average "real eye" fakie - they were sold at many chain stores from the 80's onwards, you can still find them today more or less the same.  Sometimes called Tootsie fakies because they have the lower body mold ripped off from Hasbro's Tootsie/Cherries Jubilee pony.  Their heads do look similar to a CPK horse though.

CPK horses are stamped ©1999 OAA Inc, MFD by Hasbro Inc, US Pat. Pend, Made in China on their bellies.  They also have large chunky feet with molded horseshoes and little cabbages in the centre of each one.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Wilford B Wolf

Re: 3 random ID\'s?..please?
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 10:24:21 PM »
sadly the frizzys is BAD BAD i spent a good hour+ EACH on the 2 of them just getting the knots out..the curls in spunkys hair are still there but the frizzed ends is really really bad...on a side note tho..no mold, no tail rust on spunky just some likely cat teeth marks that are somewhat hard to notice and only really on the inner front legs.......as for drink n wet..well...tail rust alot of sun fade and crazy bad frizz even after leaving conditioner in...both of them got a leg/neck wrap but it really didnt help....i tried some brush in hair gel on the baby and got mixed results..it calmed the frizzys but didnt fix them LOL

heres the clean results..or ..atleast initial cleaning...btw there are NO hoove markings on the fakie except made in china..ahh well i still like her

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Post Merge: May 29, 2012, 10:28:13 PM

btw i got 3 more i need ID'd that i picked up today while hunting..tho ive only got 1 shot.....the G4 in me saw that white one and went OOOO SHINEY!!!!! as in shining armor lol..but i didnt see the gem cutie mark till i got home and opened the grab bag

im guessing by the pink plastic imbeded in there hooves that they are all g3 or 3.5(ill get the hang of this soon enuf
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:28:15 PM by Wilford B Wolf »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 11:28:30 PM »
All G3's, looks like Sunset Sweety, Flower Flash, and Periwinkle.
Foot + magnet (or plastic cap) always equals a G3.
G3.5's have the giant heads.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 11:30:19 PM »
All G3's, looks like Sunset Sweety, Flower Flash, and Periwinkle.
Foot + magnet (or plastic cap) always equals a G3.
G3.5's have the giant heads.

ha SWEET..so its the 3.5s that creep me out..got it..

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 11:36:18 PM »
Yup, 3.5's are the "creepy" ones with LPS style proportions.  (Giant head, heavy plastic body, tiny neck, distorted looking features.)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 02:33:34 AM »
I think she means you can use a flat iron to straighten the hair. Personally, I don't bother, but if the frizz is really bad even after conditioning, it's supposed to work. I don't bother because I can't seem to do it right...

Plus, Spunky has curly hair...

Lol - *smacks computer* UK English to US English translator not working! Yes, a flat iron!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 04:36:57 PM »
haha, I think for the most part, anyone who's used a straightener/flat iron knows what it is.

Wilford, you can get rid of the tail rust with toothpaste. I don't know if there's anything special about the inside of the Drink n Wet ponies, but typically, you should be able to take the head off, remove the tail (and get rid of the rust washer) and rub toothpaste into the rusty end of the tail. You'll have to condition the tail again. I just put the tails back without a washer, but you can replace it with a zip tie or something non-metal if you want.

But yeah, that's some bad frizz...I have a few like that and just kinda left it alone.

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 06:43:55 PM »
as i sit here and eyeball them..ummm where the tail is looks like it would be really hard to get at....but worse im wondering how you get the tail back in...i mean ive got modeling supply's and skills from tons of custom 24/25th scale car stuff so this should be easy for me but..im a lil dumbfounded....as for the washer..ill have to see it but im willing to bet i have some stainless hardware that would be a MUCH better replacement..or if nothing else nylon...how spunky isnt tail rusty or any of the other afflictions is beyond me

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 06:55:17 PM »
Well, like I said, I don't know if the inside of one of those is different from regular ponies, but typically, you can pull the tail out with pliers or hemostats. If you don't put a washer back on, you can usually just push the metal clamp back through the hole from the outside. It usually stays in, unless you want to brush it's hair much.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 11:02:42 PM »
Drink n' Wets aren't really good ponies to practice tail removal on, because they have a clear plastic tube glued inside as well from the mouth to the rear.  You generally have to remove the pony's head to get at the tail washer/clean up the gunk inside, so you might want to leave that for later on down the road if you don't feel comfortable with disassembly.  So long as you keep her dry, the rust isn't likely to spread. 

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 04:55:49 AM »
Ah, that's what I was wondering. Well, if nothing else, you might be able to remove the rust that's visible.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal