collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else miss the pony points program?  (Read 4671 times)

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else miss the pony points program?
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 05:32:24 AM »
I'd love to see this program again. It'd be kind of nice if they did it where there was a code printed on a slip of paper so you could track points online. I lost some of the clippings from the cardboard backs during the G3 days. So I'd LOVE to see one where you could maintain points online. Plus, I would like to own a G4 mailorder. I don't buy many G4's as it is... but that would certainly motivate me to buy more!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 12:01:33 PM »
They should do it like Nintendo does with their Club Nintendo. There's a little slip of paper with a code printed on it, and you go to the site, log in and enter the code and it can tell which thing you've registered and it gives you the points. I'd much rather have an online way to keep track of points instead of having little clipped points to have to count and send in.

GloriaFan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 12:14:22 PM »
I had so many Pony Points saved up...and then they cancelled it.

oddish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2012, 12:45:26 PM »
I still have a baggy full of G3 pony points too! I never got anything from the points program though. The one time I sent some in I never got what I ordered and didn't ever see or hear of it again... So yeah, love the idea of tracking them online a la Club Nintendo.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2012, 12:47:05 PM »
I never collected ponies as kid so I did not get the chance to use it, but I know about it! I would love for Hasbro to bring it back for G4, especially if there is a way to keep track of them online.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2012, 09:32:45 PM »
I think they canceled the g3 points program because of the mix up with the Jumbo FrillyFrocks shipping price. I was one of ones lucky enough to get the two dollar shipping.

This.
I imagine they took a huge hit mailing out all those "free" Frilly Frocks for only $2 instead of the intended $20. The way big corporations like that work, they would have assessed the lose in that program as it's own internal thing and cut it. I was pretty disappointed myself, I had JUST saved up enough points to order one (at the regular $20 shipping) but that was the day they cancelled the program. I think it's a mistake on Hasbro's part to not start a program for G4. There's a much wider demographic now which has proven they will spend obscene amounts for exclusives and wouldn't hesitate to buy even more store ponies for the points to get them. Think about what the handmade plush G4s go for on eBay due to the lack from Hasbro. Can you imagine what would happen if they started offering official ones as exclusive mail orders?

As for the G1s... I can't fathom the reason, but I was not allowed to send away for mail orders as a kid even though I saved the horseshoe points from my over 50 childhood ponies. To think of all the extra ponies I could have had from all those points!

If it's any consolation to you, it wasn't just the Frilly Frocks fiasco that led to the mail order's demise. Hasbro had a lot of other mail orders going on at the same time with their other toylines. The whole mail order process seemed to have been sub-contracted out to a company called Young America, and they were seriously messed up. We had people ordering 10 ponies and getting only 7, or people who ordered 4 but opened their boxes to find 8, with the other 4 ponies addressed to other people on slips rubberband to the ponies. I guess the Frilly Frock incident was somewhat the final straw. I heard they had a lot of other problems with other toylines as well and Hasbro was getting heaps of complaints. Sheer problem for something Hasbro was doing out of goodwill and didn't reap any profits financially. If I had a business, I would stop doing it too. It would help me lose more money than gain more customers. There are so many other cost-saving marketing tools to use out there.

If Hasbro were to bring back mail orders, I wouldn't really support going on points for alone, since we've found out, the adults will clean Hasbro out even before the kids get any chance, so I think it is best if Hasbro asked for like less points, and charge maybe $3-4 for a pony. That way, they can "sell" as many mail orders as they like without feeling the pinch, and people might give the $3/4 a second thought since it is not free. They can steal all the pony points they want from stores, but the points alone can't get them any pony. Shipping is calculated separately, of course.

For G3s, Singapore didnt get the mail orders until Love Wishes, which was the last MO- damn! Eventually our Hasbro got tired as well, so they chucked the to a store and for every $20 you make, you get a free Love Wishes. Guess how many Love Wishes I managed to accumuluate? :D It was fun! Still have my Love WIshes army in my storage.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2012, 09:40:49 PM »
I miss it!! I saved and saved my points for a giant Frilly Frocks, but I missed out on it :p Was so disappointed when they ended the points program. Hasbro, please bring it back!!
My Wish List

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 09:02:23 AM »
I liked the points program, it was kind of fun. But I am sure it took an enormous amount of time to organize it, so I understand kind of why they discontinued it.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »
I think they canceled the g3 points program because of the mix up with the Jumbo FrillyFrocks shipping price. I was one of ones lucky enough to get the two dollar shipping.

This.
I imagine they took a huge hit mailing out all those "free" Frilly Frocks for only $2 instead of the intended $20. The way big corporations like that work, they would have assessed the lose in that program as it's own internal thing and cut it. I was pretty disappointed myself, I had JUST saved up enough points to order one (at the regular $20 shipping) but that was the day they cancelled the program. I think it's a mistake on Hasbro's part to not start a program for G4. There's a much wider demographic now which has proven they will spend obscene amounts for exclusives and wouldn't hesitate to buy even more store ponies for the points to get them. Think about what the handmade plush G4s go for on eBay due to the lack from Hasbro. Can you imagine what would happen if they started offering official ones as exclusive mail orders?

As for the G1s... I can't fathom the reason, but I was not allowed to send away for mail orders as a kid even though I saved the horseshoe points from my over 50 childhood ponies. To think of all the extra ponies I could have had from all those points!

Exactly. it's a new generation! with a bigger demographic! They should offer 'collector' ponies via this program, like octavia, bonbon, and dr. hooves. That way it would give bronies an incentive to buy the toys to save up points to get the background characters they love. Plus, it'd be awesome for us collectors to have the points program again! win win!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal