collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Why are the twice as fancy babies so different from their mothers?

Hasbro was trying something new and purposefully created babies who weren't copies of their mothers.
37 (42%)
Hasbro didn't pay much attention to what the mothers had looked like and accidentally created babies who weren't copies of their mothers.
42 (47.7%)
Something else entirely (post your theory below!)
9 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: May 27, 2015, 08:48:56 PM

Author Topic: TAF babies -- what was Hasbro thinking?  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: TAF babies -- what was Hasbro thinking?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2015, 10:10:08 AM »
If you look at most series of ponies that were just 4 or 6 to a set, then all 3 "species" are represented- earthling, pegasus, and unicorn.   I think in this case, that 3 way split just happened to be even.  It also means they didn't need to have multiple poses like if 4 of them were earthlings.  I would guess 6 babies were chosen based on the fact that they are all different colors for variety and then somebody just slotted them into species!   So, perhaps a bit of all three choices!

I am with this theory. They were aiming for two of everything and for some reason this was the combo they went with. Oh Hasbro you puzzle us so :P

Agreed.  The only other large mail order set of babies followed the same pattern of 2 of each species.  They probably just went with that idea to appeal to kids who loved each species best - that way, no matter what species they loved, there would be 2 ponies for them to coerce their parents into buying. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal