collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Isles Ravaged after Holiday Shopping  (Read 1142 times)

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
My Little Pony Isles Ravaged after Holiday Shopping
« on: December 27, 2015, 06:02:24 AM »
Well, if you were concerned about the ongoing success of the MLP line, worry not!  It is as popular as ever, at least in NW Indiana.  My daughter got some gift cards for Christmas and wanted to buy some shopkins.  These creepy little things (I'm not a fan of them, can you tell?) are in the same isle as MLP so I thought I'd see if there were any deals to be had.  Almost everything was gone in all the stores we went to.  Target had a few singles, but ALL the FS were gone, zero equestria girls, no blind bags, no power ponies.  The only thing they had were like 8 pose-able ponies (coco pommel I think), a Sugar Cube Corner set and the singles.  Meijer was the same way except the had some of the Sweet Apple Acres singles and pairs and Wal*Mart had even less than Target.  It was like a tornado went through there!

Other things that were almost gone were the American Girl knock-offs at Walmart and Target, Shopkins (Midi didn't find any of the ones she wanted) and Monster High.  There were still lots of those Legos for Girls, Lalaloopsy, Barbie and Barbie-like dolls and animatronic toys like the Panda and singing birds.  It's interesting to see what toys really sell this time of year and which ones are shelf-warmers.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: My Little Pony Isles Ravaged after Holiday Shopping
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 09:38:46 AM »
heh we still have the ponies from the crystal line warming shelves at our walmart mixed in with some of the kind of new? stuff only new thing in our walmart pony wise is the apple acres thing.

and sad thing is they probably going to the ones that will put them up on ebay or other auction sites. my sister's friend does this for a living and her extra room is full of toys she's planning on selling on the net.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 09:52:15 AM »
Something to consider is how full the shelves were to begin with.  Though, being the Christmas season, I suspect they were full until recently.

Kind of worried to know the singles are what remained.  They're supposed to be the bread and butter of the brand.

And I didn't know stores had islands.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 09:57:08 AM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 09:57:08 AM »
They were definitely very full prior to Christmas.  We were shopping earlier in the week for last minute gifts and saw the toy isles then.  It is kind of worrying that the singles were still there.  It was mostly the core pony singles that seemed to be sitting around.  I forgot that There were also stuffed ponies still sitting there as well.  I'm so surprised the EGD were all gone. 
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 10:01:35 AM »
Equestria Girls get new characters regularly, and this is only their third year.  The pony singles are too much Mane 6 for the market to move anymore.  I'm hoping they make more Starlight Glimmers and Pursey Pinks in the new line to account for the fact some kids will already have the Mane 6 and are looking for new characters as well as new customers looking to get the main characters.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 10:12:44 AM »
Something to consider is how full the shelves were to begin with.  Though, being the Christmas season, I suspect they were full until recently.

Kind of worried to know the singles are what remained.  They're supposed to be the bread and butter of the brand.

It sounds like the singles that were left weren't brushable singles but were the blind bag style ones.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:18:51 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 10:14:09 AM »
During the Buy one Get one Free sale last week at TRU, in a period of 4 days, the MLP aisle went from well stocked to almost completely barren.  The brushables were completely gone and nearly all of the newer EqGs.  Several stores were putting out last year's castle playset since they were out of Canterlot Castles and Carousel Boutiques.

I went over to Charlotte to see Star Wars with some friends and stopped at 3 other TRUs on the way and it was the exact same for all of them. No brushables, old castle playsets, a handful of EqGs in a corner and a good stock of FiM collection figures (they have been popular, so I guess they must have stocked more of them).

For that matter, the MLP aisle at Target was pretty bare. The Power Ponies seem to have been a success.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 11:59:55 AM »
I just went to our Walmart today and here is what I saw as far as mlp..
No EQG on the shelves except for some stragglers that ended up on other shelves elsewhere in the toy aisles.. The Apples Story sets didn't look like much got bought, Singles were the same boat but looks like more of them had been bought... I really can't say mostly because everything was a mess... only thing that was really noticeable was no EQG on the shelves
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 12:43:59 PM »
I went out to Walmart today too.  The MLP aisle was wiped clean.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 12:49:19 PM »
Need to get groceries tomorrow- kinda scared to go to the store the first couple days after Christmas.  :blink:

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal