collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need your help on a charity custom!  (Read 261 times)

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
I need your help on a charity custom!
« on: June 12, 2012, 03:06:01 AM »
Hey guys! This year I'm creating a one off G4 custom for Desert Bus For Hope. They play the world's most boring video game (Desert Bus, hence the title) for as long as you keep giving money to Child's Play to prolong the agony! They have a tradition of auctioning off really cool handmade items for charity too during the course of the game, and I've just been accepted to create this custom for them!

I'm excited and, er, slightly bricking it.

Anyway, I've drawn up a laughable sketch of what I want to do, and I'd like your opinions on it. My main worry is that I want to paint the body in three colours, yellow, grey and blue (to represent sand, road and sky). Will that be too much? The logical answer (to me anyway) is to paint her grey, but I'm already donating another grey custom pony so I don't think it'll work. If you want to check the colours, click the Desert Bus link up there, I'll be matching up to those.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Don't worry too much about the duck, it makes sense to DB fans. Promise.

Ideas? Critiques? What the hell's? Thank you in advance!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: I need your help on a charity custom!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:59:07 AM »
If you think the colors are too much, maybe do a sand colored pony?

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:07:40 AM »
It looks like an entirely workable design..

What are YOUR concerns with it?

I think if I were to make it.. And if I had an airbrush to make it with, I would paint the road first, then try and mask it off maybe with some celophane and gentle tape, and then airbrush the sky and grass, to get crisp lines.

Other than that.. I havent any ideas. Im afraid I don't know anything about desert bus.

You could always take the head off a styling pony and try to make a bobble head pony like some dashboard mount :D

Water_Fire

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 08:39:41 AM »
You could always take the head off a styling pony and try to make a bobble head pony like some dashboard mount :D

If I hadn't already bought my bait pony I would SO do this!

My only concern was the colours really, but I like the idea of doing her simply sand coloured. I think I'll give the original idea a whirl, and if it's awful I'll change it to one colour. You don't know till it's on the pony really, do you? Cheers guys!

Aednatia

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 08:50:56 AM »
'the still a duck' makes me think of the llama llama song..

I have a spare styling head.. in case you wan to go that route, but you live far away :(

since it sounds like this will be auctioned as an 'art piece' and not a toy, your idea sounds great.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal