collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65632 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1230 on: November 19, 2023, 12:33:55 PM »
I somehow missed Super Mario RPG when i was a kid. It may have come out in the time when i was tired of the SNES. I'll check it out. i keep hearing people say that the SNES one was their favorite growing up.

today i'm going to rest. tomorrow i need to do more grocery shopping and cleaning. I should do some cooking for the week but it will depend on how much energy i have. i also need to wash some bedding.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 19, 2023, 07:27:37 PM »
It's been over a week since Simba last peed on the floor so we put out our rugs today! :yippee: We took out or hallway rug and gave it a good brush in the snow and boy did the snow turn brown.. :| but the rug looks brand new now. Here's hoping for no more pee!

It's great to hear that Simba hasn't peed on the floor anymore!  :frolic:

---

I managed to sketch the ATC cards and the drawing for the Christmas Carol Drawing Competition. :)
I haven't been able to do anything else, because I'm very tired because of this flu. :sleepy: My mother is already feeling a little better, but she is also really tired.
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 20, 2023, 10:15:41 AM »
Movie Monday, & the film today was good. They have one selected for next week but after that they start on my ones I brought in!!! I wonder what they'll pick first...
The painter came!!! He was a tad late but he came & now my bathroom stinks of drying paint!!! The walls, ceiling, & skirtings are all painted over. I MIGHT have to get some white for the skylight area later, it depends. They might ask for a little repaint of some bits... The magnolia is as pastel as I hoped & will make a great base for the blue I want to paint on later. The painter even painted the inside of the door!!!
Missed one visitor & the other one was in before the paint work. A Netflix series updated so I watched the episodes of that.

HOM good work on your sketches!!! And do rest up, both now & when you're in recovery; fighting illness takes a LOT out of you xxx
Beth enjoy your reading & hope you hack at your chores as needed xxx
BC Little Apple is also orange!!! But more pricey than the Halloween Boy, as well as more limited in stock, so the Halloween Boy is a better one to aim for when you get loot xxx And yep, tiny hairs itch like the devil, especially when you can't get rid of them!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 20, 2023, 05:17:52 PM »
The painter came!!! He was a tad late but he came & now my bathroom stinks of drying paint!!! The walls, ceiling, & skirtings are all painted over. I MIGHT have to get some white for the skylight area later, it depends. They might ask for a little repaint of some bits... The magnolia is as pastel as I hoped & will make a great base for the blue I want to paint on later. The painter even painted the inside of the door!!!

It's great that your bathroom is now painted! :) I like the smell of freshly painted places. It reminds me of childhood and when my father had renovated our house. :heart:

HOM good work on your sketches!!! And do rest up, both now & when you're in recovery; fighting illness takes a LOT out of you xxx

Thank you!  :)
Yes, at least we have tried to rest. On Monday afternoon, we were supposed to put Christmas lights in the yard, but laziness got to us both, so we decided to just look and order some Christmas cards from an online store. I think it was the right decision not to go out and put up light chains, because it would have definitely exhausted us completely in this situation because we are not healthy. :sleepy: :rolleyes:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1234 on: November 20, 2023, 11:30:22 PM »
No fever today. The cortisone I got is for hayfever and mild allergies. Felt weird, but I was told it would clean up my sinuses so I hope it will. It makes one very awake and alert so I was recomended to take it in the morning, so I did and now have a lot of energy! I'm not sure I might be able to take it easy now.. I might even do some washing, lol.

I need to finnish a book on my tablet as it's closing in on the expiration day. I should eat breakfast. The day in an unwritten adventure. I need to figure out some lunch as well. I'm thinking pancakes.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1235 on: November 21, 2023, 06:05:51 AM »
I've got a lot going on today. I need to call a handyman/odd jobs person to take away my broken box spring (yes, it's been in my apartment this whole time), a bunch of cardboard and my trash. The office wants to fine me $75 for the trash on my balcony. I told them I'd have it taken care of today.

I also need to make some phone calls. One is for my Social Security, it's a number I haven't tried before so I'm hoping it gets me somewhere.

I sold some stuff on eBay finally and need to mail the package so I scheduled a pick up. I hope it's my regular mailman today because he'll bring my mail when he comes for the package. My PC microphone for gaming is in there, along with a few other things.

I really need to vacuum around my desk and under my chair, and in the bedroom.

I'd like to make baked spaghetti for dinner.

Tomorrow I'll try to visit my mom. I tried yesterday. I got dressed, managed to get my shoes on, packed the bag of stuff I have for her and headed out. I got halfway down my stairs and realized I wouldn't make it, my legs were already buckling :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1236 on: November 21, 2023, 10:22:47 AM »
That's awful I'm really sorry to hear that. I wish I could help!

I find the less housework I do the less time I spent doing hosuework  :lookround:

However, now that I'm in the huse a lot more I do appreciate it being tidy.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 22, 2023, 08:32:36 AM »
HOM deffo save physical jobs for when you're well again!!!
Artie I wish it were that easy for me to tidy stuff!!!
Beldarna it's good you have an energy-boosting med for daytime xxx
BC here's hoping everything works out xxx

Scarlet O'Hara has arrived, & though it's harder to deal with her on the downstairs facility, it's still doable, as long as I don't leak too much.
The floor is delated a day but it will be all go tomorrow. Meanwhile the work has been checked & some spots need a second coat or a patchup, but they've been marked.
As predicted, the so-called "scarf yarn" only made a half-length scarf. Would be better as a hand-muff or maybe a hat, which means redoing everything.... But not now. Now I'm back on a blanket, which despite being slow, is still go, so yaiy there at least.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 22, 2023, 11:58:21 AM »
HOM deffo save physical jobs for when you're well again!!!

Yeh... :rolleyes: Today I shoveled some snow in the yard. Tomorrow I may have to use the snow scoop because it will keep snowing all the time tomorrow too! I just have to remember to take it easy and shovel the snow slowly.   ^^;

I feel so much better when I'm outside. When I come in, I feel worse again, tired and coughy. :sleepy:

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 23, 2023, 04:31:18 AM »
I had an interesting morning I can write about while passing time.. I got to work and all the morning trains going south were canceled because of a derailment late last night due to a snowstorm. The drift leaders were scrambling to find buses and taxis for the travelers.

Me and another girl were supposed to go in the oppostie direction. I would go with her to one small town, change train and work on the new one to a third town and then return and go all the way back home. I'ts a three hour shift. She would just go four times between the first and second town a couple of times, a five hour shift. We joked about why our trains couldn't be canceled as well.

Knock on wood. My driver texted me a few minutes before I was to board the first train telling me a Overhead Line had fallen down on the track in next town, which is extremly serious. We couldn't go. They were again scrambling to find taxis and buses for our travelers. In the end they found taxis for the first town, but not for the one I was heading for.. so I spent the morning in the office with the other stranded workers, just drinking tea and hanging around.

I feel bad for the travelers, many commuters.. but for me it was bliss. I got to leave 40 minutes early as well :satisfied:.

Oh, and we just rented a car. Gonna go to the vets in an hour!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1240 on: November 23, 2023, 06:07:29 AM »
Belarna, that sounds like a mess! i hope no one was injured.

I'm exhausted from cooking Thanksgiving food all day yesterday. everything except the turkey and deviled eggs are done so i can spend the morning setting up. i still need to do some cleaning and get the table ready. I talked my mom into coming over at 2 instead of 1 so i wouldn't have to wake up at 4. i love my parents but now that they're older they're so much more demanding. i don't feel like they appreciate all the work we have to do to host holiday dinners.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1241 on: November 23, 2023, 06:16:53 AM »
My doctor wants me to go to the ER for my leg. I'm trying to decide when to go. I'm not staying in the hospital though. If they try to admit me, I'm refusing. I'd like to take a shower before I go, but that cold front came though and it's in the 60s. Too cold to shower!

I never did get to visit my mom :(

I'm feeling very depressed today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 23, 2023, 07:30:39 AM »
HOM glad outdoors makes you feel better. Maybe take a few relaxing walks???
Beldarna sounds like chaos!!! Hope everybody got to their destinations!!!
Beth & all US peeps: Happy thanksgiving!!! And yep, family can be annoying xxx
BC I saw about your leg & needing the ER. Try going in the morning xxx

Was meant to be at a thing last night but missed it!!!
Still made the soup thing today though...
IT
AM
FREAKEN
WIMDY!!!
Like threaten to blow my hat off again windy!!! Like kept me awake all night windy!!! Like all I could hear at the soup thing was literal howling windy!!!
It took long enough for the floor people to arrive but they're here now & flooring as I type.
Meanwhile I'm working on the blanket as it sits on my lap & warms my legs as I work.

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 23, 2023, 10:13:31 AM »
I am going to watch my generation one My Little Pony DVD I checked it out the library I think yesterday?... I watched the first half of the 64 episodes yesterday and I'm going to hopefully finish the other half today before dinner time. I just finished watching chapter 6 of My Little Pony make your mark. I won't spoil it I don't know if there's really any spoilers out for it yet.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 23, 2023, 11:25:12 AM »
Beth3346 and PBW, it was a huge mess and I'm glad I was not the one having to sort it out. None was hurt. It was a cargo train that derailed and for all I know the driver was alright. The Overhead Lines holds 15 000 volts and are extremly dangerous to be near. We had an entire class about how to do and act around one in training. Again, I'm not sure if all the passengers got to where they were supposed to. I hope. But it felt good knowing it was not my responsibility. The line was fixed around noon. The derailed train is still stuck and is going to affect tomorrows traffic as well. Glad I'm going the opposite direction. Hopefully no overhead line on the ground.

Now I'm gonna update Ninjas situation on Facebook as well for friends and family and then I'm gonna crash in bed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal