collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird experiences with sellers.  (Read 3114 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Weird experiences with sellers.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2021, 06:33:20 AM »
I had a creepy experience from a seller - non pony - I bought a digital camera (same model as my old one but going cheap so I figured it would be a good back-up camera).

After receiving it & leaving positive f/b, they started messaging me, asking me to send them photos of myself  :shocked: :bolt: what a weirdo!!!!

Ewwwww.  Time to send the seller some Ron Jeremy selfies! 

I haven't had too many odd experiences with ponies.  Now, dolls, yes!  I still think my favorite was the Ridiculously Rich Lady who kept her doors wide open and left the neighbourhood dogs to patrol.  She wasn't home when I showed up, but the 5 doggies wanted loving.  If you weren't a dog person, it would have been terrifying.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 06:35:52 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2021, 08:05:11 AM »

XD XD  :flash: XD XD   :coffee:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2021, 10:49:04 AM »
I had a creepy experience from a seller - non pony - I bought a digital camera (same model as my old one but going cheap so I figured it would be a good back-up camera).

After receiving it & leaving positive f/b, they started messaging me, asking me to send them photos of myself  :shocked: :bolt: what a weirdo!!!!

I haven't had too many odd experiences with ponies.  Now, dolls, yes!  I still think my favorite was the Ridiculously Rich Lady who kept her doors wide open and left the neighbourhood dogs to patrol.  She wasn't home when I showed up, but the 5 doggies wanted loving.  If you weren't a dog person, it would have been terrifying.

Great idea!  :lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline JanuaryJoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • G1 & G3 MLP Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 06:27:34 PM »
I watched a G1 Seashell auction in 2018. The listing description didn't describe flaws, so I contact the seller. When I asked if Seashell's mane or tail was cut, the response was like: "Oh no, not at all, I'm a honest seller and wouldn't lie to you!!" I'm thinking, "Why was that worded so suspiciously?"
When I win Seashell, everything seems fine initially... But months later, I compare her to images online and realize her mane AND tail are cut! By then, the listing expired so I couldn't complain. :hmm:

My second experience was this month. I bought a lot of six G3 MLP, and the description said: "These ponies have never been played with, mint condition, no marks and perfect hair, displayed only." The price was fine and although the photos weren't detailed, they seemingly matched the claims.
When my order arrives, the first pony I pull out of the box is discolored, filthy, and squished. WHAT! I find another with painted hooves and nasty scratches. The rest (except ONE) also had small flaws. It was such a blatant contradiction, I wonder if they intentionally lied??

I'm happy to say these are probably my worst seller experiences, at least. :facepalm:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 07:11:38 PM by JanuaryJoy »

:rainbow: 𝕁𝕒𝕟𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪𝕁𝕠𝕪, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 𝕞𝕖 :rainbow:

Offline dannahbanana

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Instagram 💖
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2021, 11:43:29 PM »
Not really "weird," but frustrating nonetheless. I have purchased things on Mercari, have waited over a week for a response from the seller, and have had to end up cancelling the order because they just would not send the item or answer my messages. It's really unfortunate, because some of these items I really wanted. A week ago I purchased two fakies that were actually quite beautiful that I was really excited about but the seller has not contacted me, so I may have to cancel that order as well.

Another thing that is really frustrating is that a package will come while I am at work, so I can't sign for it and complete the delivery on the day the seller expects me to receive it. I have had several sellers block me or leave a bad review because I couldn't report that I had received the order on the day that they expected since I had to wait for it to be redelivered the next day.

I have also asked a seller if the hair of a pony had been cut, because it looked a little short in the picture. She got very defensive saying something like, "I did not cut its hair! I would not do that!" I think she thought I accused her of cutting the hair herself.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:50:37 PM by dannahbanana »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2021, 08:40:26 AM »
@Shaz - that reminds me of my US Tunefull, who travelled to me from the US via Dubai and Bangladesh. I still don't know how or why.

@Snapdragon - that's horrible and very creepy. It's also pretty unusual :/ In my 20 years or more trading online I have only (touch wood) had that kind of threatening behaviour once, and it was from an influential pony community member who didn't follow through on her side of the transaction and decided to threaten me with her stationed-in-the-UK boyfriend if I made a fuss about it. It was also back in 2000, as I was just 18 at the time. But there was a lot more to that situation than just the trade going wrong. I'm surprised and sad that other people have experienced that as well. The person in question is no longer here.

@Glitterball. Ew ><

@Kingluke - I think the negative attitude over international shipping is wrong, although shipping in general is more complicated now than it was in the past. It shouldn't be, but it has become so. The thing was in my case that I had a US address to ship the item to, so it wasn't about shipping overseas - he didn't have to. It was the fact that I, as a British person, dared to communicate with him. He was apparently fine dealing with my American friend, but I do wonder what she said to him.
On a side note, when I am able to get back to trading, I have a whole lot of new rules to learn because of Brexit >< I imagine that's going to make a lot more people than now hold off on overseas shipping, which I think is a shame, but I hope to still be able to do it when I'm able to get out and about again...
In short, it's ok to not be able to ship internationally if you really can't, as everyone has different circs, but not okay to claim that foreigners are dishonest as a reason not to do it. Everyone is a foreigner to someone.

On the soft toys, I remember there being a lot of winnie the pooh ones. We donated them to a children's charity xD.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2021, 08:56:05 AM »
Snip
Oh boy...Mercari. I started selling on there recently and have made two sales thus far. It's set up in a way that makes sense but still strikes me as weird, the way it holds funds from sellers until the item is confirmed arrived. It has the same problem to me as Depop, where people list stuff but then it doesn't sell so they delete the app and then never follow up.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2021, 09:00:46 AM »
I once bought ponies from someone where we met in a Woolworths and she gave me a brown paper bag and I gave her money. For all anyone knew that could have been anything. But no one stopped us.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2021, 09:43:37 AM »
I once bought ponies from someone where we met in a Woolworths and she gave me a brown paper bag and I gave her money. For all anyone knew that could have been anything. But no one stopped us.

Pony dealing >.>
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2021, 12:58:27 PM »
Hello,

I'm not sure where to put this, but I thought I might find people with similar experiences.

Sorry if it's a bit of venting.

Today, I contacted a seller with the questions if the pony (starflower) had a head/body mismatch and if we could trade ponies. They said she had no head body mismatch and wouldn't trade. I said I had to think about it, but then they said the following

You've contacted me before with similar questions and it would be better if you don't waste your time and my time by contacting me. Please stop contacting me about any items in the future.

At first, I was shocked. I never did speak to this person, so I was confused. They were as polite as you can be when you tell somebody that, but I just find it so weird.

I said that they might be mistaken but apologised nonetheless and blocked them to prevent future mistakes/contact.

Anyone else had weird seller experiences? Was I in the wrong for asking those questions?

I never got a response like this though. I've been ignored before by sellers but this is a whole different level.

Sounds like a case of mistaken identity to me. I think you've done absolutely the right thing by remaining polite and apologising, and then blocking them.

It's a shame but I definitely wouldn't take it personally. Things get misconstrued on the internet all the time. I think you acted perfectly in response.
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal