collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Sweet Slumbers Set ever actually released?  (Read 4098 times)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: G4 Sweet Slumbers Set ever actually released?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 03:18:15 PM »
Hopefully I can get one on ebay that isn't too much then.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline North.Star

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 03:44:30 PM »
Target (Australia) has this set. It's the first time I've seen it available here and it's currently a bargain at $7 (will be $18).

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 03:48:19 PM »
I think it's supposed to be a normal release but I don't think anyone in the US has found them yet.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

aerieberry

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
It is not an international exclusive and it has had or will have to come a US release...it may simply be that not may retailers picked it up as they still had sets remaining from the previous "Story Pack" wave...a retailer is not going to put on sale what it considers the same product just to buy in the next "wave" - they will often consider the item the same and perhaps simply miss the next wave of releases. Or perhaps simply the previous Story Pack wave did not sell well for some retailers and they decided against stocking the next line.

Here is a link to Hasbro showing the product was a US one as well...although I dont believe it has yet turned up on Hasbro Toy Shop - however not every item has done so thats not a surprise.

http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/shop/details.cfm?R=C2F6A500-5056-900B-10B6-F9648904AC32:en_US

The Cherilee Picnic Set comes in the same packing box as the Star Dreams set so if a retailer gets a box for this particular Story Pack wave they get 3 of Star Dreams and 3 of Cheerilee.

In the UK it got an incredibly limited pick up - just John Lewis and some independents. Some big supermarkets were still carrying previous Story Line wave packs so I would guess this wave was only taken by a store like John Lewis who perhaps had a smaller order of the earlier waves and therefore were sold out enough of them to take the next wave.

Thank you for that incredibly well-written explanation!
I find it even stranger now that you say Sweet Slumber was packaged with Cheerilee's picnic, as I've seen fully stocked shelves with Cheerilee and other packs, but no Sweet Slumbers! Luck must just not be on my side then~ I'll have to keep looking!

Post Merge: June 30, 2012, 03:53:46 PM

Target (Australia) has this set. It's the first time I've seen it available here and it's currently a bargain at $7 (will be $18).

Wow! Good deal! Lucky you~!

Offline BabyIceCrystal

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Active collector since 1983
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 04:02:51 PM »
As far as I know Real Canadian Superstore is the only chain carrying them in Canada, but they have droves of them still. At least every one I've been in in southern Ontario and a recent trip through the BC interior has had a couple of shelves overflowing with them. In two stores they weren't with the pony singles because of their bigger packaging so look around.

aerieberry, are you sure you're thinking of Cheerilee's picnic set? Because a bunch of Zellers stores in Canada are still stocking Cheerilee's schoolhouse and it's easy to get them confused.

Want List

aerieberry

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 04:08:13 PM »
As far as I know Real Canadian Superstore is the only chain carrying them in Canada, but they have droves of them still. At least every one I've been in in southern Ontario and a recent trip through the BC interior has had a couple of shelves overflowing with them. In two stores they weren't with the pony singles because of their bigger packaging so look around.

aerieberry, are you sure you're thinking of Cheerilee's picnic set? Because a bunch of Zellers stores in Canada are still stocking Cheerilee's schoolhouse and it's easy to get them confused.

You're totally right! I just searched a little and the one I had in mind is the schoolhouse set indeed~ Now to find a real canadian superstore. Google maps assures me there's 12 in Toronto. xD I'm not used to this city yet- I've just moved here. It always blows my mind how much of everything there is. I'll be going out shopping some time this week then, I'll let you know my results!

Dibbles

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 06:13:33 PM »
It hasn't shown up here either, nor has the school set...I found one RD's camping set (not interested in any of these sets BTW), but it was at TJ Maxx. Otherwise, no sign of it either.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 07:03:32 PM »

Woah... where in Ontario are you? I cannot find this set in Ottawa, and it's driving me mad!

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 07:37:38 PM »
:c Man I really wanted this one!

Phekzhen

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 07:43:09 PM »
I just checked all the US online retailers that reliably carry poni, and I haven't found the Sweet Slumbers set or the picnic set.

I still see the Sweets Boutique and Fluttertree sets still on shelves. I guess these "story play sets" don't sell too well.

keikokukien

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 07:57:07 PM »
I dunno about other places in the US, but around here, we have had TONS of the Sweets Boutique with Pinkie and Sweetie and the Fluttershy's tree. Every store must have gotten boxes upon boxes of them because they constantly restock, but these particular sets have been in stores for about a year and are JUST NOW starting to thin out. :/ Hathorcat explained this really well--the stores probably didn't buy the other story packs because of stock/demand issues (her explanation was a lot better than that though. ^^; )

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »
I haven't been able to find the Slumber set, the Picnic set, OR the School set here. I did get the Camping set on Hasbro's site, though.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2012, 08:05:53 PM »
So if I were to find someone to get me the set in Canada, about how much would it end up costing me? I really, really want Star Dreams and it doesn't look like the US will ever get this set.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 08:08:37 PM »
I still need this set too! :( C'mooon, US, get with the program!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2012, 08:42:29 PM »
I need this too. It's been on the US website foreeever but never listed in stock or on the shop  :throw:
Most of my local stores I can still find Fluttershy's tree andthe Sweets Boutique
I've only seen a couple of Dash's camping set and Fun at the Fair at one store.
I'm guessing it's just not in the US yet but hopefully eventually coming.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal