collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are You A Good or Bad Pony Auction Looser?  (Read 8759 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Are You A Good or Bad Pony Auction Looser?
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »
 I was bidding on the most AMAZING Peru Posey from her original owner with perfect hair, perfect paint, perfect EVERYTHING. I got outbid with 2 seconds left, quite a bit over my max bid if I remember correctly and I was upset about it for a while. Everything else around that time I've pretty much moved on from but something about her just broke my heart  for the longest time, knowing she slipped away.
The good news is that I have a Peru Posey on her way here right now from Australia! She's also quite beautiful, so I'm very excited. :cheer:

I'd say most of the time I'm upset for maybe a day, sometimes up to a week! But I move on.
The only time I'll get angry at myself is when I forget to bid on an auction...Especially when it ends at an unexpectedly low price. ):

Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 08:30:14 PM »
I just get kind of discouraged. I end up feeling upset at myself for messing it up, lol... But I get over it. I really really want that G1 purse that has half of a Cotton Candy attached to it. Once I was watching an auction for it, and planned on coming back to bid later on, and I FORGOT! It sold for only $5! I was so mad at myself. :S

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 01:51:57 AM »
I really don't mind being outbid; it just means that the pony sold for more than I wanted to pay, and I'll wait for another opportunity.  But I'll admit that I can get huffy and sulky if I just miss an auction or forget to bid.

You'll have to tell us if you get this item, 'Cat, and what it is.  :)

If I win I ll tell everyone lol!!! If I loose I ll be in a strop so unlikely to report into the Arena...its not even AMAZING, EXCITING...its just something I have been looking for for ages!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 03:28:51 AM »
I'm a horrible loser, I yell horrible words at the computer and I get in a bad mood for hours, maybe even a couple of days. I've given up with eBay for this reason. I hesitate too much with BINs, I missed out on a Greek Cotton Candy at $34, because I was hesitant.

Oh when I win I let everyone know, clearly I rarely win any auctions lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2012, 04:03:11 AM »
Has anyone else put their max bid in £ when the auction is in $ or vice versa?
Such a silly mistake only done it a few times! xx

Nearly! Luckily I've noticed and amended my bid LOL

I like lovesbabysquirmy's way of looking at it, I'll try that :D

Also, I've started using a sniping tool so I can put in the amount I want to bid and forget about it, then if I win it's a nice surprise and I don't end up paying more than I wanted to pay due to bidding wars ;)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2012, 04:13:49 AM »
Has anyone else put their max bid in £ when the auction is in $ or vice versa?
Such a silly mistake only done it a few times! xx

Nearly! Luckily I've noticed and amended my bid LOL

I like lovesbabysquirmy's way of looking at it, I'll try that :D

Also, I've started using a sniping tool so I can put in the amount I want to bid and forget about it, then if I win it's a nice surprise and I don't end up paying more than I wanted to pay due to bidding wars ;)

I tried sniping...once it didnt work for some reason so I was automatically grumpy...the next time I put in a "silly" bid thinking no way would it come to that...guess what? yup...next morning I was "whAAAt!!!!" thats not a good way to snipe!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2012, 04:30:44 AM »
eh not really... I have to think in terms of what I can afford and only go so high sometimes. Disappointed, but not sad over a loss. 
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Shelltoon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2012, 08:23:24 AM »
It largely depends. If it's something I want, and I lose... yah, I do get a bit sour. However, in a recent auction that I was trying to win so hard for a dear friend of mine... I felt horribly down in the dumps about it. He's assured me everything is okay, but to me, it feels like I let him down.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2012, 09:08:47 AM »
I agree it depends on the item. Of course I get upset if it something really rare. Though the time when I do bid I have been able to win some great things. I win and lose some. I agree with its not meant to be it won't happen.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »
I'm usually a pretty good loser, aside from the general frustration anyone feels at being sniped. I'm pretty optimistic, so I just think that if it wasn't meant to be, then it just wasn't meant to be. There are always other auctions out there.

However, after my last semester was over, I decided to buy five "reward ponies" that I really wanted as positive reinforcement for doing so well in all of my classes. (I always get good grades, so I always treat myself. I needed five ponies because I was taking five classes.) I was originally looking at SS Ribbon, SS Buttons, Chuck E. Cheese baby, Dazzle Glow, and Bright Glow. But it must have been because it was so close to the holidays because I got sniped on every single one of them except for Ribbons. One of the GNSs I ended up being outbid on the last second by one cent! I moped and griped after that one...

I ended up instead with Ribbons, Bow Tie, and a Glory, Strawberry Surprise, and Lemon Drop from the same seller that ended up being kind of in crappy shape.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal