collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How in the world did you come up with THAT name!?  (Read 2663 times)

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How in the world did you come up with THAT name!?
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2013, 08:05:38 PM »
About 20 years ago when I started on the internet my nick was Kaninchen (German for rabbit). One day while on Webchat, my then boyfriend, now my ex-husband, was complaining about silly American ditzy teenagers who really believed Australia was a backwards place with no cities and that we rode Kangaroos everywhere.

So I created FaerieStarlight to annoy him, as the most annoying, giggly, ditzy, shallow, vapid and stupid teenager who ever existed. This joke carried on for a while with various friends taking over the persona so it was harder to work out.

He finally worked it out, to much hilarity and then I realised I actually preferred the nick and basic person of FaerieStarlight. She was a lot more fun than Kaninchen, so I switched.

I cut it down to StarFaerie about 10 years ago when signing up for a site where the full name was too long and I've stuck with StarFaerie ever since.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2013, 10:46:32 PM »
songtoisis is really Song to Isis.  I'm a witch and pagan and the Egyptian goddess, Isis, has been my matron goddess since I was 17.  (I'm 35 now).  I am always trying to live my life in service as a song (of devotion) to her.  It isn't a very 'pony' name, but I'm songtoisis all over the net. :)
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 12:01:15 AM »
Cuddles and her buggy was one of the 13 ponies I got as a kid and I remember opening her on Christmas Morning! I'm cuddlebuggy everywhere now for the last 11 years, as I started collecting again when Hulalei was born. (Her nickname is Part Hula Hula and the last part of her name~ Lorelei.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2013, 12:08:55 AM »
Mine's after Teddy from MLP Tales. He was always my favorite character. ;) I went online in like 1999 to try to identify some G1's I had gotten and found DreamValley's chatroom (back when there WAS a chatroom there), so I thought I'd sign in and see if anyone could help me. Teddy was the first name that came to me to use since it was a pony site, so from that day on I've always been "Teddy" online. ^-^

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, 12:18:48 AM »
Nerdy username from 1999.  Haha  My birthday is on the 26th of march.  IT works,  no one else seems to use it.  Funnily enough I don't even care about wine. :/  But I suppose elvengin would lack the proper flow at this point.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2013, 12:19:11 AM »
I've used Eldarwen for years.. Its my character's name in World of Warcraft and other games aswell. I dont really remember how I came up with it, I just know I wanted it to start with E (like my real name) and it had to be fitting for a Night Elf character, so.. That's how I started using this name. Even my boyfriend calls me "Elda" sometimes. :P

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2013, 12:24:11 AM »
Well... I didn't name me SlimeBlubBlubBlub... you'd have to ask my namer, lol.

Tenar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 01:20:55 AM »
Mine is from my favorite character in the Wizard of Earthsea series.  I always thought she was a strong character.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2013, 01:23:54 AM »
Is the sound a froggie makes.  :frog:
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2013, 01:26:01 AM »
While i was learning Swedish some years ago I bumped into the word "vintergatan". Now, i knew that it literally meant winter street, but from the context it was obvious that it actually meant something else, so I looked it up and found that it means Milky Way. I thought that was so pretty ^^ I like the meaning "winter street" so much more than "milky way" so eventually I just started using it when all my previous nicknames were taken.
So my name basically reflects my love for Sweden and Swedish, for pretty words, for winter and for space :P
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2013, 07:14:40 AM »
I can't describe the true meaning behind my name, but my real life friends from college know exactly why I'm "sunny" :lol: - but, it's developed into more of a... I dunno... I'm a fan of the one word names, wanted something that no pony was called in the G1 gen... and it all worked out to be "Sunshine" :)

:sunny:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

kaninchen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2013, 02:01:51 PM »
About 20 years ago when I started on the internet my nick was Kaninchen (German for rabbit).

and now it's mine  :lol:

it does mean rabbit. it's my husbands nickname for me. d'aww.

Offline sweetlittlejenny

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »
After my husband and I got married I needed an email address and was clueless on what it should be. So he came up with sweetlittlejenny and its stuck since for various nicknames on the net. Including here!

Click banner for my customs gallery.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »
Cute stories, everyone!  Mine is my real first name, of course, combined with "ponyfeathers" from the MLP pilot, aka Rescue at Midnight Castle, aka Firefly's Adventure.  It's a play on "horsefeathers," but it's been misused in G3 and G4 FiM episodes to mean "darn," which drives me nuts.  I don't mind using the initials kpf at all and often sign my pony emails with them.  A few times I've almost used them to sign documents; I have to remind myself now that my real initials are not kpf, ha ha!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
Twisted Windsox was the name of a racehorse that I was groom for while I worked for a racing stable at the local downs three years ago. He was the youngest horse I groomed for but he was a doll.
I just really liked how the name sounded, especially compared to the username I used on most sites before that (horse_ish lol). So I changed all my screen names to Twistedwindsox, or Twis for short. Twis is also the name of my fur- and pony-sonas.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal