collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WOLFIECHICK's AUTHENTIC REVERSE GUSTY found in 1997 in the UK!  (Read 11657 times)

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: WOLFIECHICK's AUTHENTIC REVERSE GUSTY found in 1997 in the UK!
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2016, 04:33:20 PM »
Out of curiousity babydoll can you take pictures of the inside of scandinavian gustys head? I would like to see what ger factory weave looks like ;)
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2016, 06:55:27 AM »
The weave inside BabyDoll's pony and Ember1's pony is just spot on. They look identical, right down to the symbols and the darker green stripe :bigups:

Perhaps the darker green stripe is the biggest thing to look out for now as well as the shorter hair?

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2016, 07:18:53 AM »
Its the symbols that is the give away PKW
If you notice babydolls symbols are the same as my reverse gusty. Slightly curved very thin stems.

There is no way a customizer can match them since the scandinavian gusty, hk gusty and uk gusty all have different symbols. The symbols on scandi gusty have straight stems not curved.

The real is on the right the fake is on the left.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 07:31:44 AM by Ember1 »
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2016, 11:28:18 AM »
The weave inside BabyDoll's pony and Ember1's pony is just spot on. They look identical, right down to the symbols and the darker green stripe :bigups:

Love pkw xxx

Yay! :heart:

I checked mine today and she does have a darker stripe compared to gusty i cant believe i had never noticed this before, well done for spotting that ember1!

I actually have two scandinavian gusty's although one is in very bad shape and clearly needs an oxy bath but still thought i would use her for comparison! Heres a pic inside there heads:

I also took pics of the slight shade difference of eye lashes might be hard to notice as it doesnt show in most pics but shes the only gusty in my collection with brown/black lashes. Both the scandinavian Gusty's have black lashes. Im sure i have seen Shady with brown lashes though il need to check my MOC set.

I compared the scandinavian washers and they all look the same size:

Yeah I also noticed the stems were more smaller at the base & pointed/curved at the ends. Also slight size difference with some of the leaves! I also think she might have a dark pink outline underneith as mines has a bit of glitter loss in some areas. Heres comparrison pics:

Babydoll~
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:14:34 PM by Babydoll »

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2016, 11:43:29 AM »
Your comparison symbol pics Are awesome. Yes i think the reverse gusty mystery is finally cracked. I think we can now tell the difference between the real and fake ones when they surface. There are noticable differences.
Awesome photos though. Good to see yours has a darker green stripe too.
The inside of the scandi gustys look similiar to the RG weave.
i think my RG has black eye lashes though. Check out my photo. The real one is on the right.

Maybe yours have faded?

THE REVERSE GUSTY CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Darker green stripe in mane
2. Pointed and curved leaves in symbols of a silvery purple color. Symbols have a more detailed and delicate appearance than the regular or Scandi releases.
3. Factory woven head and small tail washer
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 02:09:14 PM by Ember1 »

Offline Darkenmiu

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2016, 12:34:38 PM »
Very interesting discussion and awesome photos!!! Much appreciated. I wish I could own one some day. Congrats on your real RG Ember1!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks legacy350, Snowstar, Exodus3D&TwilightWhispers!

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2016, 12:42:39 PM »
Your comparison symbol pics Are awesome. Yes i think the reverse gusty mystery is finally cracked. I think we can now tell the difference between the real and fake ones when they surface. There are noticable differences.
Awesome photos though. Good to see yours has a darker green stripe too.
The inside of the scandi gustys look similiar to the RG weave.
i think my RG has black eye lashes though. Check out my photo. The real one is on the right.

Maybe yours have faded?

1. Darker green stripe in main.
2. Pointed and curved leaves in symbols of a silvery purple color. Symbols have a more detailed and delicate appearance than the regular or Scandi releases.
3. Factory woven head and small tail washer

Yeah i thought that too! Hmmm I dont think lashes can fade :huh: but not 100% sure about that, my gusty is slightly yellowed though. I only got the colour comparison to show up in pics by using a light box as i had taken a few pics in daylight but they looked black. Im sure I have seen a Shady with brown/black lashes though!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2016, 01:34:11 PM »
I love mystery ponies like these. Where did they originate from? Why are there so few? Very interesting discussion. Congrats to those of you who are lucky enough to own a RG of your own. I can only be so lucky to find one at a flea market. My own salary would not let me afford one. XD  But that's okay, I can look at your photos and admire.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2016, 01:35:22 PM »
Really enjoying all these comparison pics!

Babydoll, I remember that auction! Have you had her all this time? I think I still have the original auction pic saved :)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2016, 12:18:13 AM »
Really enjoying all these comparison pics!

Babydoll, I remember that auction! Have you had her all this time? I think I still have the original auction pic saved :)

Yup shes the same girl! :heart:

Babydoll~

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2016, 03:46:32 PM »
All this discussion made me curious, so I finally took pics of the inside of my Reverse Gusty.  I'm not experienced at judging such things, but her weave looks pretty neat and tidy to me.  There's just one single red hair near the bottom that loops out somewhat.  I see some glue as well.

Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2016, 07:49:43 PM »
The weave looks about right to me. How about her green stripe? Is it darker than the normal green on hk gusty?

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »
Welllll, that was actually the first thing I checked, since it was the easiest.  And all the greens looked about the same to me.  So initially I was disappointed because I thought that meant my RG was a fake.  But then I checked her weave and washer, and they looked about right, so I thought maybe she was real after all.  And then I noticed that all the above pics of real RG's stripe vs. regular Gusty green showed regular green being moved alongside real RG's stripe.  In each photo, real RG's streak is lying normally along her red hair.  And that made me wonder if real RG's green streak really is darker, or if it just appears darker above the background of her red hair.  (Red and green are opposites.)  When I checked mine, I separated RG's green streak and compared it to regular Gusty's tail.  (And I decarded this Gusty myself, so I'm positive her hair is original.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:07:12 AM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2016, 07:03:48 AM »
The green stripe of my reverse gusty is definately slightly darker. I Have compared them in all lights and side by side. Babydoll also says hers has a darker green stripe too. I cant see very well the symbols on yours either to see if the symbols are the same as our gustys.  Check for the following features in broad daylight.

1. Has slightly darker green stripe in mane
2. Has pointed and curved leaves in symbols of a silvery purple color.
    Symbols have a more detailed and delicate appearance than the regular or Scandi releases.
3. Has factory woven head and small tail washer
4. Has slightly more cherry red hair with a heavy pink overtone
5. Has a lighter color for her thick eyebrows and a black color for her eye lashes

I also took a picture of her eye in direct daylight as opposed to flourescent light. It looks like babydoll is right. Her eyebrow is a lighter color than her lashes. Does yours have the same feature? Check all of the above characteristics in broad daylight. It is not super easy to notice some of them but once you know what to look for it becomes pretty obvious what the differences are.

Here is another photo. Real rev gusty is on the left and fake gusty is on the right.  The stripe is slightly darker. Try comparing the stripe on yours in daylight.

I also got curious about the red in her mane and tail. Something is bringing the green stripe to an even darker hue. Albers color theory teaches about putting color on other colors to change the hue. If the two gustys red had the same hue then the two stripes wouldnt appear so different since when side by side one of green stripes look only slightly darker. I noticed that the real reverse gustys red hair has a great deal of a pink overtone in it. And its a more saturated cherry red than the fake gusty. The differences are small but noticable to me anyways. Real is on the left and fake is on the right.

Real on the top and fake on the bottom.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:17:22 PM by Ember1 »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2016, 12:53:04 PM »
Kelly - I too thought perhaps the green looked dark due to contrast with the brightness of the red, but there really is a difference as can be seen in the pictures :)

Ember1 - the texture of the hair looks different as well as the colour.

I'm going to have a look for a thread that I remember from a while back on the hair colour of Scandinavian Hopsotch as I believe her hair colour is slightly different to her regular release.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal