collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Exciting nirvana find amongst my collection....  (Read 1090 times)

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
Re: Exciting nirvana find amongst my collection....
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 04:53:23 AM »
That's too cool! He's amazing. It's like winning the pony lottery!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Tilly

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 05:19:36 AM »
Great find in between your childhood ponies! Congratulations!
Remember if you decide to sell: you'll never have your childhood pony back, even if you find another one!
Who needs some Dutchies? PM to buy/trade!
Also G3 mailorder, comic con and Bay Breeze for sale!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 02:52:39 PM »
Remember if you decide to sell: you'll never have your childhood pony back, even if you find another one!

Very wise words Tilly :heart:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 11:18:40 PM »
oh that is an amazing story :-) love it for the fact he's been "hiding" in plain site

I totally echo don't sell a childhood pony unless your boy's true currency enables you to have even more amazing memories (as that is the point of living)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline WingedElf

• Trade Count: (+136)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 08:36:16 AM »
Thanks guys :) wow $400 in his condition?! I am amazed! I was having a really rubbish time on Tuesday and this really brightened up my day :3

Don't worry Tilly he's not going anywhere :P but the thing with my childhood ponies is that I'm 25 and have been collecting continuously my whole life so I literally have hundreds of childhood ponies! My collection has been in storage at my mum's for over 5 years because I don't have space in my current house for even a third of them. So I've thought about it long and hard and I've decided that I want a manageable collection of 200-300 ponies that I can display with their accessories and enjoy rather than 800 in boxes. This does mean letting go of some of my childhood ponies :( but I figure someone should actually enjoy them rather than leaving them collect dust in an attic for another five years. I'm keeping all those I have particular memories with so I'll still have plenty of childhood ponies to appreciate :)

Plus, I'm using the funds from selling them to go to Japan in September so although I'll have a few less childhood ponies I'll have lots of exciting memories in their place :) and who knows, maybe I'll hit the jackpot and find a Takara!!!!!!??

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 01:32:08 PM »
:hug: I believe the Thai boys can easily go for $600 plus, but it's so hard to judge as only one or at the most two of each have shown up.

MCM has a very good point about creating new special memories :)

I know you miss your collection :hug: if down sizing means you can enjoy your collection and have a special holiday then it's the right thing to do. Remember it's not something you have to rush.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »
Wow, that's some find, WE!  If even you can have a Thai boy sneakily hiding away in your herd, I wonder how many other collectors with less Nirvana knowledge have them tucked up their sleeves?

Don't worry Tilly he's not going anywhere :P but the thing with my childhood ponies is that I'm 25 and have been collecting continuously my whole life so I literally have hundreds of childhood ponies!

This is my problem.  I am SO sentimental about my childhood ponies that I haven't been able to bear to part with them, but I must have had literally 1500+ ponies by the time I reached my teens, including many, many duplicates, of course.  Do try to keep the particularly special ones though, even if they're not the best condition or most valuable/collection worthy.  A rare pony can (usually) be replaced for the right price.  The nostalgia we feel for certain childhood memories is priceless and can never be fully replaced by a replica of the original toy.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 11:07:16 PM »
Oh that is SO incredible!!!! How amazing that there's a Thai variant!!  (Thundercloud is (imho) the ultimate boy pony!) Even with his flaws he is stunning, the colours are beautiful :)

I second everybody else about not selling such a special pony.  He'd have to be the only one in the world we know of?  But I hope your endeavors to scale down your collection go well.  It will be really rewarding to have them on display and able to appreciate them all the time :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal