collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blind Bag Ponies, strangely addictive. Do you agree with me? :)  (Read 1609 times)

Pony-mommy

• Trade Count: (0)
Hey everyone!

Growing up playing with my beloved G1 ponies, I still prefer the look of the original girls over the new G4 ponies.
However, that being said, I've recently fallen victim to Blind Bag Pony collecting   :lol:

When I went toy shopping for my little girl, I picked up 2 blind bags that I found by the check-out lane.

That's how it all began...  :)

It's so easy to get hooked on these! Especially since you can avoid getting doubles using the oh-so-useful cheat codes on the bottom of the packages.

I don't have too many at the moment, as I haven't started collecting that long ago. However, my collection is growing rapidly   :biggrin:

This is what I have so far:

Wave 13 B - 3 ponies
Wave 14 A - 1 pony
Wave 14 B - 12 ponies
Wave 15 A - 12 ponies
Wave 15 B - 9 ponies

Do you find those blind bag ponies as addictive as I do?

If any of you care to also share a photo of your collection, I would love to see it!!   :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BryteStar

Re: Blind Bag Ponies, strangely addictive. Do you agree with me? :)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 05:48:16 AM »
I know that I'll get addicted to these little cuties... that's why I haven't started buying any! XD

Love your collection with all their cards still, though! :heart:

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 06:38:30 AM »
I used to collect blind bag ponies, until the only local store that stocked them raised the price to 6 euros apiece.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 06:51:28 AM »
Nope.  I cannot see the sense or value in a tiny nub of plastic for $6.

The thrift stores bag 'em up and sell 5 for $4.99 so if I somehow enjoyed the tiny figures, I could get them that way and they still would be pretty random.

I like a big pony that fills my hands,  with luscious long hair to brush. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 07:28:14 AM »
They're super adorable but I'm not inclined to own them really. That being said I know that if I did buy any I would start hunting them down so I try to avoid them.

Funko mystery boxes on the other hand. Love picking those up if I want a surprise for myself.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 07:38:52 AM »
Nope.  I cannot see the sense or value in a tiny nub of plastic for $6.

The thrift stores bag 'em up and sell 5 for $4.99 so if I somehow enjoyed the tiny figures, I could get them that way and they still would be pretty random.

I like a big pony that fills my hands,  with luscious long hair to brush.
Agreed. I used to be hooked on em, then the distribution started getting crappy, people always vandalized em and it seemed they were coming up with a new wave every month (I couldn't keep up) so I just stopped buying blind bags. Not to mention I kinda hate hunting for specific blind bags, I would buy the box but the prices kill it for me....

Granted I'll buy one here and there but actively hunting- no. Its been stated again and again there's ALOT of potential in these blind bags to become brushables, Hasbro could be using those $3-$6 on producing existing BB characters into brushables.
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 08:09:40 AM »
I can't get enough of the translucent ones.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 08:47:47 AM »
What a coincidence, my Blind Bag addiction started today :biggrin: I've always been a G3 enthusiast, but have recently started thinking about buying some G4s otherwise I will regret not having some in the future when generations change. So I think the best idea was blind bags - cheap and small, not taking much room on my pony self. So I got two today and I fell in love! I guess this is the start of BMLPF's BB addiction :biggrin:
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 08:52:35 AM »
When they first came out and were less than $2 apiece I was inclined to collect them. Now that they've raised the price insanely and they keep churning them out, I can't stay interested. Sorry to be a party pooper. I just prefer brushables.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 09:17:56 AM »
What a coincidence, my Blind Bag addiction started today :biggrin: I've always been a G3 enthusiast, but have recently started thinking about buying some G4s otherwise I will regret not having some in the future when generations change. So I think the best idea was blind bags - cheap and small, not taking much room on my pony self. So I got two today and I fell in love! I guess this is the start of BMLPF's BB addiction :biggrin:

I feel a little like this- maybe these will be the Petite Ponies of the future, the hard to find tiny things that get swept up or thrown to the bottom of the toybox. I haven't been actively collecting them, but I do love how they look and that I can fit one in my pocket in case I need a covert pony. (This is what "not active collecting" looks like in my world!)

This is how I display the ones I have- the cards are in a binder that I put... somewhere around here... But I need to make another one, this one is overflowing now. I also have a Hot Wheels car display thing like this that I put combs in, but it would work for BB's, too!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:20:58 AM by Aurora »
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 09:59:24 AM »
 Yes, the are addictive  :P
Mini ponies by ☆ Flitter ☆, on Flickr

but... I do feel like I might be getting over my addiction recently. I've not been as excited about new ones coming out and have run out of display space and think I might give up these and focus on just brushables. Having so many, I've started forgetting their names and am not getting as much enjoyment from them anymore. It's to a point where I don't know if I want to just keep a few select favorites or just let the whole lot go. They are very fun to collect and super cute but I get overwhelmed with collections easily I guess  ^^;

^ That's a pile of 195 ponies btw, all different characters except 4 which are variants I couldn't choose which I liked more.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 10:08:20 AM by Flitter »

Pony-mommy

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 11:10:24 AM »
Yes, the are addictive  :P

but... I do feel like I might be getting over my addiction recently. I've not been as excited about new ones coming out and have run out of display space and think I might give up these and focus on just brushables. Having so many, I've started forgetting their names and am not getting as much enjoyment from them anymore. It's to a point where I don't know if I want to just keep a few select favorites or just let the whole lot go. They are very fun to collect and super cute but I get overwhelmed with collections easily I guess  ^^;

^ That's a pile of 195 ponies btw, all different characters except 4 which are variants I couldn't choose which I liked more.

WOW!!! What an impressive collection! You must have been collecting them for years! :)

I only have 37 ponies, and I don't even know all of them by name! Haha.

I love to lay out all the cards though, and then match all ponies to their card. Like a puzzle   :nerdy:

I would like to see them come out with some new poses though, because they keep using the same ponies over and over again - just painting them in different colours!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 11:17:11 AM »
I started really getting in to the blind bags when the glittery ones came out but like someone else mentioned they started coming out so fast that I couldn't keep up so I haven't gotten any for a long time.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 12:05:28 PM »
I love to collect them. So far I have everyone from Wave 1 til 14. The only ones I'm missing are some Wave 15 ones and the golden Daring Do one. :) (and of course the ones who got just announced)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 01:40:58 PM »
Thanks, Pony-mommy! I started collecting them right when they first released in the US.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal