collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Beware of eBay buyer jaim_crod  (Read 985 times)

Offline bengal_baby

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
Beware of eBay buyer jaim_crod
« on: June 26, 2015, 10:18:35 AM »
I don't usually like to post about problem buyers, since the issue usually resolves itself or just fades away, but this buyer, jaim_crod on eBay AKA Jamie C. of San Francisco, had been nothing but a headache.

In the course of 24 hours, we exchanged no less than 22 emails. It started off with her wanting to know where her package was. It was no biggie - that is a common enough question and I was able to pull up the information showing her that her package was being held as undeliverable by the USPS because no one was at home to sign for it when it arrived (I always send everything registered as a safety measure).

Then she started emailing me, asking me to call USPS to arrange a same-day re-delivery at 10am to her front door. Not only was I unable to do so as the package was not addressed to me and I cannot pose as the addressee to request a re-delivery (senders cannot request for specific re-deliveries, or even just normal re-deliveries with registered mail - there are a lot of logistical issues with this), I am also all the way in Singapore and she was expecting me to make an overseas call. Granted, overseas calls are cheap when you have Skype, but they are still a nightmare to use due to the time lag in VOIP services.

So I gave her the instructions on how to contact USPS to request for a re-delivery, and she emailed me with every little update, such as how the post office was not open yet for calling, so she will call later; how the post office was not responding to phone calls; she asked me again and again to call USPS, despite me explaining that I am not in the position to pose as her. In the end, I said I'll issue her a full refund since even if I were to re-send it, I will still send it by registered mail, and so the very same problem may crop up once more if no one is at home at the time of delivery. She agreed to it.

I sent her the refund immediately and thought that was the end of this. Nope.

Within hours, I received an email from her saying that she found out that she had been calling the wrong post office, and has called the correct one and now wants to know how she can self-collect the package. I explained politely that since she has been refunded, she cannot collect the package. She then asks how to send payment, and I gave her instructions on using Paypal, which she did not have at all and by this time, we were over 20 emails in within a 24 hours period. I was drained, weary and frankly not about to get a headache over a grand total of US$11.99. I told her flat out that she has received her full refund, and since she has so much trouble trying to arrange for a collection of the package, it will be easier to just call it quits.

Finally, she asked if she can just re-buy the toy and self-collect the package. I agreed to that. Guess what? No payment received, but package has been confirmed by USPS to have been delivered! Delivery confirmation was registered online as clear as day!

I'm out $12, hours of my time, my toys, and now, have a nice neutral feedback that reads:

"Had a bit problems and seller didn't really do any thing."

1) I'm pretty sure responding super-fast in emails (how else can we exchange over 20 emails within 24 hours) despite our time zone difference is counted as doing something.

2) No one, not even the President, can ask USPS to deliver a very specific time on registered mail service. If you want time-specific deliveries or re-deliveries, that is usually the most expensive option with courier companies. I should know, because I often have to ask Fedex to re-deliver to my place, and they can only offer me the options of morning (9 to 1pm), afternoon (2 to 6pm) or evening (up to 8pm). Take note that I use Fedex services for thousands of dollars each month. Seriously.

3) I cannot and will not pose as the addressee to request for a re-delivery, because there are too many possible legal complications. To request for a re-deliver in Singapore, we sometimes get asked some personal information that is privy only to ourselves; I cannot even on goodwill help her request for a re-delivery because I will not have her personal information should they ask me something besides her name and address.

In short, if you want a nightmare buyer who expects the seller to bend over backwards for her and end up not even paying a single cent despite having received her item, you can welcome jaim_crod to bid on your items.

I have sent her an eBay invoice. I will update in a few days to let you know if she decides to do the right thing and pay for what she received.

UPDATE #1: I called eBay about the feedback, and they agreed that the feedback is contradictory to actual events. Ebay's rep told me that they can see clearly that there was a lot of email exchange taking place, so to claim that I did not help at all was false. As a result, the neutral feedback will be removed. However, I cannot open an unpaid item case on this. We'll just have to see how honest the buyer is.

UPDATE #2: With over a week gone and 3 eBay invoices going unpaid, I think we can safely assume that this buyer is not intending to pay. A case of "I have to work to get my package, so it should be free" mentality at work here?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:03:47 PM by bengal_baby »

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
Re: Beware of eBay buyer jaim_crod
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »
Yikes, what nightmare. Sorry you went through all of that!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 10:51:39 AM »
Definitely adding to my blocked list! I'm so sorry you had to go through this! You did everything right! Have you tried calling eBay. They probably won't do anything to remove that neutral but it's worth a shot. I was able to get one removed from a bad buyer so you never know!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 11:02:29 AM »
What a horrible buyer! I hope she at least pays you for her items. Good grief. Those are the kind of people who I wish would step in a steaming pile of doggy poo.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 11:58:56 AM »
I hate to be the odd one out, but you kind of created this problem--why send registered for a $12 item? As a buyer, I would be frustrated trying to get a redelivery of $12, too and the po can be a pain to deal with. The buyer should resend the money, though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 01:59:59 PM »
I hate to be the odd one out, but you kind of created this problem--why send registered for a $12 item? As a buyer, I would be frustrated trying to get a redelivery of $12, too and the po can be a pain to deal with. The buyer should resend the money, though.

As the seller is in Singapore, she may not have had a choice.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline bengal_baby

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 06:56:24 PM »

I will love to be able to send all my items unregistered as well, since that costs me extra. However, it is the only reasonably-priced mail service with a tracking ID available here. Besides, I feel it has paid for me many times over because whenever I get a buyer asking where the item is, I can always pull up the online tracking information immediately.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 02:30:56 AM »

I will love to be able to send all my items unregistered as well, since that costs me extra. However, it is the only reasonably-priced mail service with a tracking ID available here. Besides, I feel it has paid for me many times over because whenever I get a buyer asking where the item is, I can always pull up the online tracking information immediately.

^^ this! I always send registered for international on ebay, too. If the buyer is willing to fork out for registered, it *usually* means they really want the item, too, and are less likely to be scammers.

However I would have waited for the item to come back to me before issuing the refund. That's just me though and my policy - if you couldn't get the package, you shouldn't have ordered it - yes the PO can be a pain, but it's part of buying online!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:34:17 AM by Stormness_1 »

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 05:14:40 AM »
oh wow what a nightmare :crazy:  I'm so sorry you went through all of that and are still out of money! you did all you could possibly do for your buyer and for her to collect the item and not pay and leave that feedback is disgusting!  :(  she needs to send that payment right away! Ebay really ought to do something about this TBH.  (its good they removed the feedback BTW but they should make the buyer refund your money as well especially since there is  evidence via ebay and evidence from the PO that your buyer has the item and the money!)

side point but on the fact that the item wasn't expensive but was sent with tracking etc - I agree to doing this  and always do it myself even for cheap or common items because its the only real way to protect yourself from scammers saying that the item hasn't arrived/been posted :awake: .  Its still not perfect protection as you can see in this situation, but it's some protection at least! There have been a lot more issues over the last few years with buyers trying to scam sellers saying they never got the item . If you have proof then ebay can stop the buyer from leaving bad feedback like this situation and also ebay will not force you to refund the person if you have tracking/delivery confirmation either - even if the buyer still tries to claim they never had the item ( I had this happen to me! a person bought 2 dolls from me and over a week later said she hadn't got one of them - but the DC /tracking showed that she had personally signed for them 2 days after they were posted, almost a week before she messaged me. )

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline melon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 04:32:48 AM »
Registered mail is pretty much the only affordable option with tracking provided by Singapore Post. Touch wood but if a parcel is sent via regular airmail and gets lost, the sender is not able to provide any status on the package at all.

I send all my international packages via registered mail, just in case.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 07:39:05 AM »
So sorry to hear that you are having problems with this buyer!  I really dislike Paypal's policy that the buyer is always right.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 09:27:32 AM »
I wonder if PayPal will become more even-handed now that it's becoming a separate company from eBay.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 01:36:15 AM »
I wonder if PayPal will become more even-handed now that it's becoming a separate company from eBay.
I doubt it. This smacks of being one of those "for tax reasons" splits where the companies are separate on paper but still act as one under the table. Like with the Pepsi-Cola Company and PepsiCo Foods.
should be perma-moderated

Offline bengal_baby

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 08:04:02 PM »
With over a week gone and 3 eBay invoices going unpaid, I think we can safely assume that this buyer is not intending to pay. A case of "I have to work to get my package, so it should be free" mentality at work here?

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 08:21:09 PM »
What a piece.  :enraged: I guess I have a good reason to be a hoarder who never sells any of her massive collection. I can't fathom dealing with these people. I think I would have not refunded until it was on its way back to me. Not blaming you at all. You just can't trust people, so many are so disgusting.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal