collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay shipping overcharge and seller noncommunication - what do?  (Read 2670 times)

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
Back in late May, I bought a Transformer off eBay. The shipping charge was $10.20. But the actual shipping amount on the box was $6.35 - so the seller overcharged me by $3.85. I've messaged them multiple times, but they haven't responded. What should I do? I haven't left feedback on the order yet, because I was hoping to resolve the matter first.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Meadowhaven

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I love Blossom!
    • View Profile
    • Meadowhaven
Re: eBay shipping overcharge and seller noncommunication - what do?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 12:10:14 PM »
Sometimes a seller includes the shipping materials charge in their total shipping price. To pay for the box/envelope (which can be pricey), bubble wrap/packing material (also very pricey), tape, labels, etc. that was used to ship the item safely. That might be their reasoning?
I'm an artist collecting Blossom merch and unique customs! Occasionally selling ponies and other geekiness at https://www.mercari.com/u/330010669/

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 04:57:45 PM »
Honestly, I would not press for it. The shipping charge is still subject to fees. If the price including the extra $3 is still reasonable, I would count it as a fair exchange and go on my way. Kind of a "pick your battles" thing more than anything.

You can review the seller however you like, however. I have sold on eBay and Mercari so that's my perspective as someone who primarily sells versus buys (at least at this point in time).

Sometimes a seller includes the shipping materials charge in their total shipping price. To pay for the box/envelope (which can be pricey), bubble wrap/packing material (also very pricey), tape, labels, etc. that was used to ship the item safely. That might be their reasoning?

This, too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 06:20:04 AM »
Honestly, in the  glory days (ha!  bad joke!) of buying, selling, and trading online.... this was a BIG deal!  A honking big deal!  It even had its own section on the Bad Trader List...

But these days when you are very lucky to actually have received the item you looked at online images of, and hoped would be shipped to you, three dollars is not very much of a big deal anymore. 

Congrats on your TF!  The fact that it arrived to you in some form of box, and all the parts still work, is a MIRACLE in of itself.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 03:42:45 PM »
Honestly, in the  glory days (ha!  bad joke!) of buying, selling, and trading online.... this was a BIG deal!  A honking big deal!  It even had its own section on the Bad Trader List...

But these days when you are very lucky to actually have received the item you looked at online images of, and hoped would be shipped to you, three dollars is not very much of a big deal anymore. 

Congrats on your TF!  The fact that it arrived to you in some form of box, and all the parts still work, is a MIRACLE in of itself.

I know it's sad. I have seen people have Breyer horses shipped to them in bubble envelopes! It's just crazy!

I know that its sucks to be over charged.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 07:31:47 PM »
THIS!!! I've seen folks who say their postage & packing charge is "not just the postage" so many times!!! We call it Postage & packing for a reason
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal