collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: We want Minty!!!  (Read 6878 times)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: We want Minty!!!
« Reply #135 on: December 24, 2012, 08:26:17 PM »
I'm so tired of toy companies forcing pink for girls. From what I've gathered, girls like pink because they're told to like pink. :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2012, 08:51:40 PM »
Did it occur to Hasbro that Minty won MOST popular pony among collectors... or that she is being sold for ALOT of money...
BS nobody would buy her!

I think it's more of a case of Walmart/Target etc going "Eugh, GREEN? What little girl wants a GREEENNNN pony?! Make more pink!"

This is unfortunately a sad truth... I try to purvey the shops and forums looking for new ponies on a regular basis and there is either only the mane 6 for sale and anything that isn't the mane 6 is pink to the brim or what is designated as female colours. Now, I like the colour pink, but it needs to be in a tasteful sense. With Minty, it's a tasteful light pink for her mane and a different colour for a body... There is too much pinks and purples in my collection, Equestria needs more greens and blues.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 25, 2012, 05:08:28 AM »
Did it occur to Hasbro that Minty won MOST popular pony among collectors... or that she is being sold for ALOT of money...
BS nobody would buy her!

I think it's more of a case of Walmart/Target etc going "Eugh, GREEN? What little girl wants a GREEENNNN pony?! Make more pink!"

This is unfortunately a sad truth... I try to purvey the shops and forums looking for new ponies on a regular basis and there is either only the mane 6 for sale and anything that isn't the mane 6 is pink to the brim or what is designated as female colours. Now, I like the colour pink, but it needs to be in a tasteful sense. With Minty, it's a tasteful light pink for her mane and a different colour for a body... There is too much pinks and purples in my collection, Equestria needs more greens and blues.

I don't think that's it. Minty still has pink manes.
Ponies like Lyra and Trixie are a lot more green/blue and they just got released.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 25, 2012, 03:57:18 PM »
Girl shop.. Pink.. PINK EVERYWHERE! Ugh! I hate this so much. Toy companies need to grow up and smell the roses.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 25, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »
BS nobody would buy her!

I don't think that's it. Minty still has pink manes.
Ponies like Lyra and Trixie are a lot more green/blue and they just got released.

Maybe they don't want to release her because she's not in the show, and they assume she won't be as marketable towards bronies and people who want show accuracy and bg characters, and assume little girls won't want her because she's not green.

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 25, 2012, 04:21:44 PM »
Hum, even Bronies seems to want her and know about her, despite she not being on the show.
Some of the previously released ponies aren't on the show either.

May be we will see her in the future, Lyra and Trixie took a long time to show up on stores. Well, I'm hoping for her.

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 25, 2012, 10:23:41 PM »
Maybe our best hope for getting Minty is to get her a cameo in FIM.  Anyone know Tabitha St. Germain and/or one of the writers for the show?
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2012, 07:47:45 AM »
Hmmm.....Well maybe we can do a multiple campaign. We've contacted Hasbro. Perhaps finding out Walmart and Target's purchasing departments contact info and then send them a petition with a picture of Minty's prototype. Show the stores that people want to buy this item. Then email the creators of the show and try to get them to put Minty in as a background pony for an episode. Drumming up popularity from different angles couldn't be a bad thng. Hopefully sooner or later someone would listen to us.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 26, 2012, 09:46:51 AM »
I do really hope they release Minty.

I want another favorites set with Discord, Bon Bon, Minty, Big Mac, Doctor Whooves, :muffin: Pony/Ditzy, and Cloud Kicker. :P 

Honey Bunches

« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2012, 11:57:46 AM »
LIKE!

hope-hope-hope-hope-hope-hope-hope-HOPE.....

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »
I find the argument of the line being all pink and Minty not being released because she is not pink enough, a bit odd. The last wave which had unique ponies had the all blue Trixie, all green Lyra, yellow & purple Sunny Rays and the yellow and dark pink [the only bit of pink] Cherry Berry. And of the main 6 yes there is the super pink Pinkie Pie but of the others there is only FS's hair and a small streak in Twilights. Personally I think the colouring schemes are reasonably wide spread.

Was the reason we didnt get Minty not because she had been pitched to retailers as a holiday pony but retailers said they hadnt wanted a seasonal release? I vaguely remember this in a video or interview but unfortunately I cant remember which one off the top of my head.

Outside blind bags and of course Pinkie and Dash there has been a distinct lack of G3 characters in the brushable line in general - I truly hope if Minty was knocked back because she had been presented as a holiday pony, HB reconsider and she pops up even just as a regular old brushable.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

CottonTALE

« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2012, 08:48:35 PM »
Outside blind bags and of course Pinkie and Dash there has been a distinct lack of G3 characters in the brushable line in general - I truly hope if Minty was knocked back because she had been presented as a holiday pony, HB reconsider and she pops up even just as a regular old brushable.
This is true with the scarce g3 brushables. There are Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee and Scootaloo too (I know only their names are brought back from g3, but still) the only of the Core7 not made if I recall is Star Song and Toola.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »
Well, she is almost Minty.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2012, 11:53:27 PM »
Hum, even Bronies seems to want her and know about her, despite she not being on the show.
After reading this last night I decided to do a search for Minty on a certain popular G4 fanfiction site tonight and was rather surprised by the amount of stories I found, not to mention the fact that almost all of them were positive, and the likes very easily trumped the dislikes (several of which had no dislikes at all!).  Either I got very lucky or Minty's more popular among the bronies than I thought.

More than ever I'm convinced- if Hasbro makes her, she will sell.
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #149 on: December 26, 2012, 11:57:54 PM »
Minty was created and re-created multiple times in the G3 line!!

.... and ... a lot of G3 ponies have been re-created as G4 blind bags (including Minty). So you never know.
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal