collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you organize your stored ponies?  (Read 737 times)

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
How do you organize your stored ponies?
« on: September 05, 2016, 03:57:35 PM »
I`m going through my ponies in storage trying to find all my doubles to sell/trade so I think it would be a good time to better organize my stored ponies.
They are separated by generation, and if they have had a spa day yet. but otherwise they are jumbled together.

I have a 7`x4`x3` wardrobe that I keep the majority of my playsets and accessories in as well as some MIB`s, and a few boxes of ponies.
The majority of my ponies are stored in 6" plastic bins under my bed. (need to get some more)
I have a tall plastic dresser that my baits/new arrivals/repair/ponies to be permed are in.
And I have random boxes of ponies in my storage area  that I`m not sure which are ponies and which are other stuff.

How are yours organized? By set? by year? by colour?
I have some of my G1s organised by set. Some G3`s by colour. Most just mixed.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you organize your stored ponies?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 04:51:24 PM »
The only ones I have organized right now are my G4s, since those are the only ones I have a large enough amount of to need some storage organization. Most of them are organized by character with the exception of a few that are organized by mold - the Glimmer Wings, charm wings, and the large princesses. Fitting them in with the rest just wasn't happening.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 05:08:40 PM »
Horribly. I moved a year ago and my mom packed up a lot of my ponies, so I don't even know what kind of order they're in, other than the fact that they should be near ones they were on the same shelf with. I really need to get organizing! It's hard when I don't have enough shelves for my pony room and the room is full of boxes, though.

Offline princessluna11706

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 12:06:12 AM »
Unfortunately I don't >.< They're all randomly packed in boxes, I don't know who's in what!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 08:13:22 AM »
I'm the worst when it comes to organizing ponies. The best I can do is putting all of the G4s on one shelf and all other generations mixed together. I am hoping to find a creative way to display them sometime soon.

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 10:26:30 PM »
I keep my entire MLP collection in my old room at my parents' house; in my old closet. I've managed to fit in all the playsets; even PE although it's divided up into two large plastic boxes due to its size. The ponies I keep stored in two seperate compartments; one of babies/misc and one for adults. I've added additional shelves to make room for more future ponies. I organize all the ponies partly after pose, but also after completed pony sets. :)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 10:38:51 PM »
By set and by space available.  Each bin is numbered and labeled with what's inside, and I have a binder that has a listing of all my ponies.

The bin labels include the generation and the sets, or in the case of non-pony items(accessories, merchandise, etc), a fairly detailed listing of the items inside.
The binder is basically a huge pile of checklists I printed out from around the internet that includes how many of each pony that I own, the conditions of the ponies, and the location(bin number or cabinet number in the case of display ponies).  The binder is organized by generation and by years and sets within that generation.

I am also working on photographing everything and uploading it so I can access it online from anywhere.  It should hopefully cut down on repeat buys and missing out on things I thought I had, but really didn't.

I have a massive collection, and I got *really* sick of pulling out every single bin I owned just to look for a single pony.  I also got sick of buying the same pony 3 times because I forgot I owned it.  I actually had to use my system to find something a couple weeks ago, and it took me 2 minutes to look it up and pull out the correct bin!

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 09:17:47 AM »
I have my ponies in the small moving boxes sold at homedepot. The ponies are each in their own zip-lock style sandwich bag (to keep their symbols from rubbing against each other), with the bag open (to keep moisture from condensing inside with them), standing on the bottom of the box. The second layer is separated by the first by a sheet of 1/2" thick styrofoam, so the top layer stands just fine. :) I do have to be careful about the unicorns though - Powder and Milkeyway, and those in their poses, can be problematic, as their horns can get bent, so I have to make sure they're in the top layer. Other than that, so far so good! :)
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 12:26:54 PM »
Well... I don't know how many I actually have so... not very organized at all.   :blush:    Most are G1 ponies from my childhood plus 40 or so more.   I keep them individually wrapped in tissue paper and packed inside long flat plastic bins that can fit under beds.  I do check on them periodically so I'm glad they're pretty easy to access.

Fortunately, I only get a new pony every year or so. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline AllyCatAlisha

• Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 07:30:50 PM »
I have a few ways of keeping them organized.

Totes: I have three with trays for the upper part (perfect for babies).  I mostly have bins from Target that are the right height for adult ponies. The babies I store in rows by release year. The adults I store by group. I try to keep groups from different years together but they don't always store nicely in the bins. Meaning one pony will not fit or I have an open spot (perfect for a mail order).  I then label each bin with year and group fir each group in the bin.

Binder: I also have a binder where I check off my ponies. Admittedly I need to update it.  I make notes in there too. I do minor restores so I try to keep up with what I have done to who and recently where I bought each pony.

Spreadsheet: this is only for G1 as of now but I also keep inventory in a spreadsheet.

Dropbox: Each pony has a picture in my Dropbox organized by Gen, Year, and group.  It helps me SO MUCH when shopping.  I have drop box on my phone so I always have visual.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 02:22:58 AM »
In a big tub. I was really proud of it, until I learned from another thread that you should NEVER lock the zip lock bags... Looks like I have some work to do now. :lookround:

Most doubles share a bag, so do ponies of the same set (babies anyway, these bags can only hold one or two adults, depending on the pose) and mothers and babies.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 02:25:06 AM by Regenveertje »

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline AllyCatAlisha

• Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 04:43:10 PM »
In a big tub. I was really proud of it, until I learned from another thread that you should NEVER lock the zip lock bags... Looks like I have some work to do now. :lookround:

Most doubles share a bag, so do ponies of the same set (babies anyway, these bags can only hold one or two adults, depending on the pose) and mothers and babies.

Try to put each one in their one flip top sandwich bag leaving it open. That way they can breath and their body color or hair color can't leach onto another pony.  It takes some time to set up at first but it's worth it.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 05:30:03 PM »
all of my bins are all random for the most part except I have the baby ponies,SHS, and big brothers in their own bins. I only have one bin for trades so I always go through that one more often.

Offline Shy Violet

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2016, 10:51:46 PM »
Mine aren't super organized. My G4's are together, lined up neatly with fabric between each layer. G3's are a jumbled disaster in several boxes, no organization other than all being G3. My childhood and older collecting days G1's are in a similar state, jumbled together between a few boxes. My daughter had them for a while before I got back into collecting again so they were kinda thrown in the boxes with no system. I've gone through them to inventory my collection though so they are somewhat more organized with sets in the same boxes but not labeled. I plan to have a big spa day with all those old girls when my pony room is ready. All of my more recent purchases are all nicely cleaned and styled and have been taking over my office. I packed them up yesterday actually because I'm painting the house and needed all the clutter out of my tiny office. They are meticulously packed by sets and boxes labeled so I know which sets are in each of the 4 boxes. I have a few more to pack still but they had a spa day this week so I want to make sure they are completely dry before packing. Most of my doubles are out still since they are for sale so I want easy access.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 04:53:50 PM »
Plastic totes, by generation and pose for maximum fit. Trade/sales ponies are in cardboard boxes, stored the same way, but their open plastic bags have labels with a code, name and value, so I can just grab the pony and sell easily if I want to.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal