collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New ebay sellers  (Read 2100 times)

Offline BomChorom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
New ebay sellers
« on: August 18, 2023, 03:36:17 AM »
Hello everybody! I am a collector from Greece and I am really interested in creating an ebay selling account. The reason i want to create an ebay account is because i will have to sell some other collectible stuff as well that cannot be sold otherwise. My main worry is the shipping costs. I will mainly sell g3 ponies as a start , so the costs of the ponies will be really low. So my question is that, in the shipping prices I will have to ask for tracking as well even for something that costs 1 euro, right? I imagine that shipping internationally sth so cheap will not make sense because of the shipping costs, so sticking to only selling in Europe will make more sense, right? 

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New ebay sellers
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 04:47:57 AM »
I understand the reasoning, but you'd be limiting your market. You're assuming that non-EU customers wouldn't be interested because of the shipping. Might not be the case though.

If you are very transparent about the oversees shipping costs, I see no reason why not to include USA as a potential market? You still leave the informed decision with the buyer whether or not they want to pay those costs.

Tracked shipping is expensive yes, but at least it comes with a certain degree of security.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 04:51:19 AM by DreamvalleyMLP »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 04:54:44 AM »
If it isn't a lot of extra work, I don't see a reason to exclude any market...I have made a sale via the global shipping program of a normal G4 to someone in Sweden, even though the shipping was much more than the cost of the actual pony. It was very surprising to me!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BomChorom

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 08:27:26 AM »
Thanks everybody for the information!!! Everything has been very helpful ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 08:56:05 AM by BomChorom »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2023, 10:19:07 AM »
Yeah, definitely give international buyers the option. I've paid through the nose for shipping before to buy from overseas when it was the only option :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2023, 05:58:34 PM »
If you have something that was only available locally, you’ll get a lot of interest and customers from all over.  And if it’s something they can’t get anywhere else, shipping becomes less of an issue. I have no issue paying for shipping for items I need from overseas.  The only exception is I don’t do ebay’s global shipping. It’s always stupidly overpriced(2x-4x the real shipping costs) and someone else opens the box and repacks is, often badly from what I’ve read.

Some items won’t sell internationally well. Nobody’s going to pay international shipping on something they can get at home for much less.  But if you have things that you can’t get in the Americas or elsewhere, you’re missing out on a lot of potential customers if you exclude nonEuropeans.

Offline BomChorom

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2023, 07:06:28 AM »
Thanks so much everybody!!! All this is so helpful! Ebay is indeed charging some irrational amounts for shipping! I'm also doing my research here too when it comes to tracking and shipping charges. I agree that if sth is rare and not accessible is normal  "to go the extra mile" to get it, but for the accessible stuff it makes no sense paying so much  :blink:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal