collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Horrible ebay customer - tyrienous  (Read 1370 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Horrible ebay customer - tyrienous
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:49:14 PM »
This woman is impossible to please, steer clear of her.

I am on to ebay customer support at the moment and they are not helping at all, and have a "suck it up" attitude. She purchased a plush toy from me, and was in contact about making a late payment, which was fine by me. Anyhow, she paid eventually then left me a positive with a nice comment and ALL 2's for my star rating :(

I am really, really pissed about it.

I am trying to get ebay to see it from a sellers point of view, but am about ready to tell them to stick their stupid site where the sun don't shine. It is becoming so hard for honest sellers to sell anything.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible ebay customer - tyrienous
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:40:08 AM »
Jeez, Paints what is with all the PITA's you have had lately? >_<

Is there something on your listings that say "All idiots Welcome!" :P 

Anyways I took a look at her feedback she has left for others and it seems like she has trouble with making payment often.  This could be a problem for her so she takes it out on other's by dinging their stars.  People are so weird sometimes  :shocked:

But I feel for you trying to get ebay to see your side of it.  It is nearly impossible sometimes. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 04:38:18 AM »
I got a message back from the customer, she apparently left all 0's not 2's as I had thought, and it was apparently a mistake. Still, I think its still a crappy situation, and she doesn't want to cancel the case I opened (eBay told me if I open a cancel transaction case and she agrees I can get the feedback taken off) but its alot of heartache, and she feels she needs this toy. I prefer to donate it to a charity over letting her pay for it at this point.

Sorry about yet another eBay rant, there are just so many morons on there lately. I told the customer service person I was ready to find another place to sell my stuff online.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:12:02 PM »
Jeez, Paints what is with all the PITA's you have had lately? >_<

Is there something on your listings that say "All idiots Welcome!" :P 

This!! ^^ :yikes:  :P  looks you're having fun on ebay lately huh?! :blink:   :crazy: I'm glad she didnt  leave you low stars on purpose but she does sound like a pain to deal with :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 07:39:48 PM »
Yeah lol, I suppose having my sense of humour helps, I do try to find the lighter side of it all, however, I do not want others suffering similar fates to myself for something that was no fault of their own.

I am back on to ebay, again, to try to have the feedback removed. She finally cancelled the transaction, I told her I would re list it for her at a BIN price if she mutually agreed to cancel, I prefer not to, but it was about the only way to save my star ratings from plummeting dramatically and possibly winding up with a hold on my paypal which I simply can't afford. Truthfully, all I want to do is get some money together quickly for car rego & vet bills, this is just a huge waste of time & effort on my part.

These ebay reps are hopeless too :) it's almost hard to keep your cool with them lol

*edit to add transcript*

Seriously, these reps have no clue. Do I have to explain to the rep what a star rating is?

Welcome to eBay Live Help! This is ****. How can I help you today?
****. Hello, there.
fingerpaints08 Hi there
fingerpaints08 I just needed some feedback removed, it is positive, but I have cancelled the transaction mutually with the seller fingerpaints08 she accidentally left me all 0's which has severely brought my rating down
fingerpaints08 item in question is - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170825672883
fingerpaints08 how do I go about getting this feedback removed? another rep told me last night if I could mutually cancel the transaction I could have it removed
****. Hi, thank you for the details that you have given me with. 
fingerpaints08 No problems
****. Let me first take a look into the item details so that I can take a look into it and I will be able to give the best options and details. 
****. While checking on this, is there anything that you would want me to look into?
fingerpaints08 No thanks, just want this feedback removed is all
fingerpaints08 Thanks for your help
****. You're welcome. 
****. Please give me 2 minutes here.
fingerpaints08 no problems :)
****. Thanks for waiting
fingerpaints08 No worries
****. Is the item that the buyer left a Fisher price bear?
fingerpaints08 yes thats the one
****. Wow. This is a nice and lovely item.
****. Allow me first to discuss to you how feedback removal works.
 fingerpaints08 Yeah, I do try my best to sell quality second hand as well as some new items
fingerpaints08 Ok
****. Normally we do not remove a certain feedback unless it has meet the criteria and guidelines for it to be removed. fingerpaints08 I do understand that, however, another rep last night told me the feedback could be removed if we cancelled the transaction, as the transaction is really officially nul & void now.
****. Mind if I ask the reason behind why the transaction need to be canceled?
fingerpaints08 The buyer left me all 0's for my star rating, which was an accident. My star rating has plumetted, and I do not want it on my account due to this.
fingerpaints08 As you can see, most of my customers actually leave 5 star feedbacks all round, with the occasional person that doesn't understand the system that may leave a little lower
****. Yes, there is a possiblity that the feedback can be removed even if it is a postive as long as the transaction is canceled.  ****. I need to know the reason why since it is important. 
fingerpaints08 As I just said, the person that purchased the item left all 0's instead of 5's for my star ratings. Do you understand what I am saying hun? 
Hi, amy. Thank you for waiting here.
fingerpaints08
No problems :)
I was checking on the case details of the Canlce transaction to see who requested for the transaction to be canceled.
fingerpaints08
Just wondering do you understand my issue here? Its not so much the transaction has been cancelled, but the low star rating left
fingerpaints08
No worries
yes, I understand your issue here.
Please also understand that we have criteria and guidelines set for a certain feedback be removed.
fingerpaints08
Thanks, just wasn't too sure if I was being completely clear or not
fingerpaints08
I do understand totally
Even if the transaction was canceled, buyers can still leave feedback towards their seller. We can only remove a feedback for canceled transaction, when it is the buyer requested for the transaction to be canceled.
fingerpaints08
your kidding? So what the rep told me last night was wrong :(
fingerpaints08
I am fuming right about now, all this stuffing around and I can't even have the feedback removed
fingerpaints08
I understand it is not your fault
fingerpaints08
but I don't understand why I was told it could be removed when it couldn't be
I am sorry if there is a miscommunication here between the previous agent.
He might have failed to check the reason as to why the transaction was canceled. If the buyer was the one who requested for it, then theer is a big chnace that the feedback can be removed.
fingerpaints08
Yeah I do understand, if I would have known I would have asked the buyer to cancel
fingerpaints08
Is there any way at all or is it a matter of deal with it?
fingerpaints08
Cause really, I am that upset with how ebay is treating us honest sellers I am about ready to go find another avenue
Normally, the feedback left by a trading partner is not removable but there are cases when we remove one and we follow a strict guideline before we take action. This is to ensure that whenever the buyer contacts us, we can answer him accurately as to why we remove the feedback.
I understand how important the feedback system is in eBay. I, myself, is a seller and I want to keep a 100% feedback rating. You may know that the feedback system is opinion-based so it can be subjective at most times.
fingerpaints08
Yes I do understand that. My buyer is understanding, and has let me know that the feedback was a mistake. If you have a look at my ebay messages between tyrienous and myself she has stated that, and actually tried to edit / remove the feedback from her end but couldn't, hence why she accepted to cancel the transaction

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »
I was once convinced that the 'Live Help' on eBay AU was actually a bot due to how incompetent they seemed to be in understanding what the actual issue was. It's fairly commonplace whenever you talk to them, from memory.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 10:15:36 PM »
I have had a few that seemed to be "bots" but the spelling mistakes made me feel this one was just an incompetent human being. I am getting mixed messages now, and I have no clue if / how I can correct this error. The buyer is all apologetic about it, but she isn't the one at this end of the stick.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 01:27:22 AM »
You can submit a request for feedback revision. I don't know how but someOne did it to me when I didn't understand the star ratings. It sent me an email with an option to revise my feedback.

If you can figure out how to do that then you should be able to allow her to revise her feedback without canceling anything.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 02:19:34 AM »
Unfortunately she has already cancelled the transaction, thanks to one of ebay's idiot representatives telling me this was the only way to get the feedback removed. It really does depend on who you are talking to at any given time.

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 06:04:16 AM »
For future reference - http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/revision-request.html  That will tell you all about how to request feedback revision. I had to go tot he ebay forums to ask for help finding it, and the dummies there kept replying "Dont worry about it. If they left you no stars, it wont hurt you."  or "You can't revise positive feedback, so stop worrying". They couldn't seemt o grasp the idea that some one could want to *gasp* educate themselves!

I'm gonna go bookmark that now so I don't lose it.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 04:55:57 PM »
I did try revising the feedback, and it just comes up with "none of your feedback is eligible for revision" I would say this is because it's all positive reguardless of the star ratings :(

Ebay needs to either make the star rating thing much more clear, like, if you leave a lower score, have a little pop up box stating what this actually means BEFORE just allowing a low star rating.

I am waiting for ebay to get back to me to let me know if they are actually going to allow this feedback to be removed or not, its now in the hands of some other ebay morons which probably don't understand why I want it removed, I seriously can't see it happening, but I am crossing my fingers that it's being reviewed by someone with at least a couple of brain cells.

Post Merge: April 29, 2012, 12:22:03 AM

Just got this reply :(

Hello ****,

This is to follow up on the chat we had regarding the feedback you would
want to have removed. I understand how frustrating it can be to receive
a positive Feedback wherein the ratings that were given were low,
especially when you have always worked hard to build a good reputation
in the eBay community.

I have escalated the Feedback that you were referring to and it saddens
me to inform you that it can’t be removed. I am attaching a link that
you can review to learn more about our Feedback Abuse and Removal
policy. Please go to: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/feedback/questions/remove.html

I realize that this may be frustrating, but please remember though, that
your eBay reputation is based on all the Feedback you receive and not a
single comment. The good thing is that you left a reply to the Feedback.
Most eBay members are very discerning and they do not just focus on the
Feedback but also read the comments as well. I trust that they'll know
that you've been a good eBay seller.

Your hard work in trying to maintain an excellent reputation will not go
unnoticed. Don’t worry, we do not judge members based on one feedback.
The community reads through the comments and the entire Feedback
history. With your above average service and products, I’m sure this
will not affect your business.

Thanks for choosing eBay. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care.

Warm regards,

eBay Customer Support

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 05:56:55 AM »
See, the thing of it is.. WIth the feedback revision thing, it says for every 1,000 auctions per month, you can request 1.  I assumed it meant up to 1,000 but I suppose you have to have at least 1,000 sales before they allow you ONE request.

The rules for requests state that is someone left you the wrong feedback accidentally, you can request.. So I don't see why they wouldnt allow this..

You have only been emailing and online chatting with them? I would try calling them up over the phone. Things can go so much faster over the phone, and be easier to understand.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal