collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Hikari - Prepare to be disappointed  (Read 5271 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Hikari - Prepare to be disappointed
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2015, 10:38:47 AM »

EDIT: PopCultcha has replied to my message and said
"I am unable to return the item for a full refund, as the variations that you are dissatisfied with are not considered faults, and the item has been approved by the Quality Control Department at Funko."
Well, I'm going to politely rip them a new one. 
:enraged:

What?!?
:/ that is insane to me. Both in part of pop cultcha and funko. They should take it back because you are unsatisfied... That's just proper customer service.
And what the heck, that's approved quality control?!

PopCultcha have a policy where they claim they will not accept returns of Funko Pop! or Vinyl due to small flaws caused by mass production. I argue that this policy shouldn't apply to Hikari because they are not mass produced but limited run and premium quality. In any case their policy doesn't mean jack, Australian Consumer Law protects me and if they don't accept a return for a refund I can lodge an official complaint, their policy is actually against the law.

I thought I should also mention, in their reply to me the PopCultcha rep also said that they had another Rainbow Dash Hikari on their desk that didn't have joint issues but did have paint and eye issues. They haven't checked their warehouse stock but it sounds like they're all uniquely flawed. Funko defend this as no two figures are exactly the same, but for that price I was expecting better. I also believe that at the very least the figure should be assembled correctly, her wings are permanently glued in those atrocious positions.

I'm yet to hear back from Funko (which I figure will take a few days), I'll keep people posted. I'm hoping this thread can be used as a warning but I feel like I'm starting to rant a little too much. :blush: I'm just so appalled and want to share as much info as I can in case it helps others who may end up in my position.

What a terrible response!  Maybe you should contact Funko direct?

I hope my metallic dash looks okay-  I have never had problems with Hikari before- but looking at them now I don't see the potential for flaws like Dash has.  Most of them have blended colors and single color eyes- and no joints that need to be glued (like the wings)- so I am worried the gaps and flaws may appear in ALL the Dash Hikaris...

I've noticed that most of my vinyl ponies have large gaps where the tail is glued in
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 10:44:48 AM by Galactica »

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2015, 10:47:21 AM »
Maybe we all need to let Funko know the problems with these figures?  I won't say anything until I get mine, of course, but all of their other Hikari figures have had the same standard shape and pose.  Having a pony Hikari figure in such a dynamic pose is new for them, and while that doesn't excuse the flaws, it's obvious that they didn't go the best route with her wings and such.

With the vinyl figures, the complaints about the Luna and Celestia release (the tails and wings breaking off) were so rampant that the glitter variants are now noticeably different from before, making them harder to break.  I have a feeling Funko will listen and perhaps try to fix things when they release the other Hikari variants. Their customer service does seem to be pretty good.

As for PopCultcha, I'm sorry their response was so crappy. That really sucks. :mad:
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »
Maybe we all need to let Funko know the problems with these figures?  I won't say anything until I get mine, of course, but all of their other Hikari figures have had the same standard shape and pose.  Having a pony Hikari figure in such a dynamic pose is new for them, and while that doesn't excuse the flaws, it's obvious that they didn't go the best route with her wings and such.

With the vinyl figures, the complaints about the Luna and Celestia release (the tails and wings breaking off) were so rampant that the glitter variants are now noticeably different from before, making them harder to break.  I have a feeling Funko will listen and perhaps try to fix things when they release the other Hikari variants. Their customer service does seem to be pretty good.

As for PopCultcha, I'm sorry their response was so crappy. That really sucks. :mad:

I will be interested to see what other ponies look like.  I don't think everyone should complain about the OP's pony- but sure if you get a flawed pony definitely report the issue. 

Agree the design may be the culprit.  I hope that means they will reengineer the product and not dump it completely ...  (wing gap or not I want the rainbow clear glitter versions and the gummy candy looking version pretty bad)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2015, 11:04:04 AM »
I will be interested to see what other ponies look like.  I don't think everyone should complain about the OP's pony- but sure if you get a flawed pony definitely report the issue. 

Agree the design may be the culprit.  I hope that means they will reengineer the product and not dump it completely ...  (wing gap or not I want the rainbow clear glitter versions and the gummy candy looking version pretty bad)

Yeah, I meant that those of us who are getting figures should definitely complain if we have any issues with ours.

Same! I really do love the look of these figures, and I especially love the rainbow gradient ones.  I don't want the problems to be so bad that it keeps me from buying any future releases. :(
Instagram / Want List

Offline lilpnay

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • Collect what you love <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2015, 11:09:45 AM »
Wow, I'm really surprised at Popcultcha's response. Sorry about that...hopefully you can work something out with them?

I definitely agree that the issues are likely caused by the design of the figure. All the other Hikari figures have a standard pose except for RD. MLP is a pretty popular line for them so hopefully they don't dump the line and just re-work it like they did with the vinyl figures. If I do get into Hikari, it will probably be because of MLP because RD is the first Hikari that I really, really like so I hope they fix any issues with the figure and keep making more characters.

I haven't seen anyone else post about Hikari RD but if other figures have flaws too, its definitely something that should be brought to Funko's attention.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2015, 01:42:32 PM »
I find it weird that Funko has "gap" problems to begin with.  Create piece of plastic #1 with peg.  Create piece of plastic #2 with matching slot.  Snap pieces of plastic together.  This is not new technology, nor a difficult feat.
Actually there is chance of flaw. If you have machines do all the work that is. I've come to expect eye flaws in a lot of things these days because of the process. Even though this line of figures are not mass produced they still likely use machines that can get misalignments =/

Funko claims this on a card included with the Rainbow Dash .
"Our team of designers, artists and painters spend a tremendous amount of time to create these unique hand painted and assembled limited edition Hikari vinyl collectibles."

So a human put mine together and deemed it acceptable to sell.

I urge anyone who has ordered one, or the metallic version, to check it over thoroughly and contact Funko about any significant issues you find. I have nothing against Funko, I have many of their Vinyl and Pop ponies, but receiving a Hikari that is lower quality than their mass produced Vinyls? The company needs to know so they can work to correct their mistakes. I just sincerely hope mine is a terrible fluke. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2015, 01:50:49 PM »
I find it weird that Funko has "gap" problems to begin with.  Create piece of plastic #1 with peg.  Create piece of plastic #2 with matching slot.  Snap pieces of plastic together.  This is not new technology, nor a difficult feat.
Actually there is chance of flaw. If you have machines do all the work that is. I've come to expect eye flaws in a lot of things these days because of the process. Even though this line of figures are not mass produced they still likely use machines that can get misalignments =/

"Our team of designers, artists and painters spend a tremendous amount of time to create these unique hand painted and assembled limited edition Hikari vinyl collectibles."

I urge anyone who has ordered one, or the metallic version, to check it over thoroughly and contact Funko about any significant issues you find. I have nothing against Funko, I have many of their Vinyl and Pop ponies, but receiving a Hikari that is lower quality than their mass produced Vinyls? The company needs to know so they can work to correct their mistakes. I just sincerely hope mine is a terrible fluke. :P
but doesn't mean they didn't used a machine to put it together :) I cannot see a human using elbow grease these days to put anything together XD

in any case I'm looking at a larger image of the rainbow translucent Hikari RD, one that was in the toy fair or wherever they were first shown.. It looks like her tail and at least the viewable wing might have a gap but I would have pretty much chalked those display ones up as just that.. display which often has flaws XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2015, 03:58:02 PM »

but doesn't mean they didn't used a machine to put it together :) I cannot see a human using elbow grease these days to put anything together XD

The whole point of sofubi-style toys is that they're hand-crafted in small batches with a greater attention to detail. The only machines being used in their production would be a rotocaster and an airbrush. This level of "artisan" craftsmanship is the reason behind the higher price point. Individual variations are to be expected from handmade items, but not glaring flaws like smudged paint and glue smears. That's just shoddy.

I hope you can get your money back without too much fuss, Tulips. This is really unacceptable quality for a so-called premium figure. :( Shame on Funko for letting it through in such a state, and shame on PopCultcha for dragging their heels on refunding you.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2015, 05:29:58 PM »
Even if they were assembled by machines, though (like the Funkos are) it boggles my mind that they can't get it right. 

I just picked up one of my Transformers at random and he has nine separate pieces of plastic in his arm alone, all perfectly flush with each other, no weird gaps.  I don't understand how Funko has these apparently epic struggles to stick a wing or tail on.  Mystifying.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Portobella

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Is it about my cube?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2015, 05:59:20 PM »
Tulips, hope you're able to get a refund/be able to return it. I'd call the obvious lack of QC a major item fault, so definitely request a refund from Popcultcha citing consumer law. "Variations" my foot. All the best! Let us know how it goes :)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2015, 12:38:55 AM »
Good news everyone! After politely mentioning to PopCultcha that I had rights under Australian Consumer Law they have agreed to a full refund and have already sent a Post Return Label. I'll be able to send her back this weekend then receive my refund and wash my hands of this Hikari. ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2015, 01:14:57 AM »
I could of done a better job painting and assembling that pony and that is sad.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2015, 03:52:16 AM »
That's such good news Tulips!  What a fiasco though.  I can't believe the quality issues with such an expensive figure.  For that price, you'd assume they would be better than the regular Funkos, not worse :-/
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Delphian

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2015, 07:01:30 AM »
Congrats Tulips! I'm glad you're getting a refund. It's a shame you had to argue for it.

I's clear that Funko used the same kind of mass production techniques to make all their lines. I have so little faith in Funko I won't even buy a figure unless I can see it in person. When I saw the announcement for this RD, I had a feeling they weren't going to do anything special for it. It really does look like a cheap $10 figure they slapped a fancy label on. :(

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2015, 07:18:39 PM »
Good news everyone! After politely mentioning to PopCultcha that I had rights under Australian Consumer Law they have agreed to a full refund and have already sent a Post Return Label. I'll be able to send her back this weekend then receive my refund and wash my hands of this Hikari. ^.^

That's wonderful that they're finally cooperating! Ugh, I'm so sorry you had to be disappointed like that! :( Totally not cool.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal