collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CMC Cutie Marks - Maybe Spoiler  (Read 5342 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: CMC Cutie Marks - Maybe Spoiler
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 07:24:08 PM »
I just can't see hasbro going with a design like that for Scootaloo. It doesn't suit her character, and Fluttershy already has butterflies. And weren't they hinting at musical talent for Sweetie Belle in season 1?

My only issue with this is that Scootaloo's doesn't really fit her  :huh: , so I wonder how they would make the butterfly reflect her unique personality and talent. The others are cute, though :biggrin:

'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee' maybe? Butterflies are pretty agile, and fly well despite being small and delicate. Sweetie Belle's potential mark is swirls coming out of a heart, her talent seems to be something to do with singing/songwriting/composing music... Listen to the music in your heart and express yourself? Apple Bloom's fruit/seed mark is pretty straight forward - she's a small pony with big potential, she understands and uses complex technical procedures to build (grow) various things - the clubhouse, the float parade, etc.

Honestly I really like the G3 cutie marks and wouldn't mind if they were incorporated into the show. The reasoning for Cheerilee's cutie mark design makes hardly as much sense, and Rarity's mark design and story about how she discovered it definitely echo her original trait of inspiration rather than generosity. If they give us some half-baked reasoning and slap the marks on them, I'll just be happy that plot point is wrapped up and they can hopefully grow and mature as characters.  :P

Perhaps, the butterfly could represent Scootaloo's metamorphosis?  I.e. The ugly duckling?
Others have theorized that the CMC could found an organization for young ponies.  Perhaps Scootaloo will help other little ponies become "butterflies".

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »
hathorcat: This is Rainbow Power, not Cutie Mark Magic, and even that's in name only.

Hasbro cares nothing about the details of the show. May I remind you of Lulamoon or Buttonbelle or Mint Jewelup's names? Nurse Redheart's cutie mark? Flower Wishes or Lily Valley's species? Sapphire Shores or Junebug's entire designs? And if Cutie Mark Magic (which this is not) had anything to do with the CMC, we'd have seen some non-licensed merchandise making this point before now.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2014, 08:56:35 PM »
given the information, I think the cutie marks are real.

just reminds me that Hasbro just makes toys for young girls and doesn't have expectations that anyone cares that the CMCs marks are revealed.

I get reminded of this every time there's a spoilery toy highlighting the mlp section of the NY toy fair.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2014, 10:04:07 PM »
I would be very satisfied if these were their official G4 cutie marks! They are simple, yet lovely! Im in love with Apple Blooms!!!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2014, 11:06:18 PM »
Finally, molded figures of Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo that actually look cute! Actually, they all look really nice, I kinda want them all.
I think this Scootaloo looks super :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UVQvWKNBfMk/VGvewKuLm3I/AAAAAAACEiE/A3K4KtSw1jw/s1600/unnamed.jpg

these are the ones on the UK Magazines :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2014, 07:00:18 AM »
Me and a friend were discussing the symbols for the 3 fillies. It got me looking around for some other discussions about how the symbols are connected to the ponies in FiM.

While I agree that the butterfly for Scootaloo is kind of off given for who she is in a sense, maybe we are overlooking something :shrug:

I do know that some of the symbols seem not to match but when you are trying to figure out what the symbol relates to (Talent, Skill, Special Ability, Personality)

Sweetie Belle is a Talented (or gifted) singer/song writer
Scootaloo is a Skillful acrobat/daredevil/choreographer
Applebloom is a Skillful craftsman/builder/artisan

While some of the adults

Pinkie Pie has an ability to make ponies smile (but she does it mostly through parties so she is a skillful party planner)
Fluttershy is like a butterfly in her personality (gentle most of the time)
Rarity has an ability in Gem Finding (but her skills lie in sewing)
Applejack... after 4 seasons I still really haven't figured her out because everything dealing with her mostly deals with the farm which seems to be how it is for all the Apple Family... so she is kind of bland in someways in that department (Sorry all you AJ fans but it's sort of true XD)
Rainbow Dash is a Thrill seeker/speed devil (personality wise)
Twilight's ability is magic.. pretty much everything she does revolves around that
Big Mac.. again we don't really know since he is pretty much a work horse and most of what he does relates to the Farm...

From my understanding, many of the ponies get their symbols when they discover who they are and not just based on some of what I listed above.. Maybe Scootaloo's is just who she is and nothing related to what she really does.. Kind of like Cheerilee, they found away to explain her symbol in the show in some way.. if I even make sense now XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2014, 07:39:59 AM »
hathorcat: This is Rainbow Power, not Cutie Mark Magic, and even that's in name only.

Hasbro cares nothing about the details of the show. May I remind you of Lulamoon or Buttonbelle or Mint Jewelup's names? Nurse Redheart's cutie mark? Flower Wishes or Lily Valley's species? Sapphire Shores or Junebug's entire designs? And if Cutie Mark Magic (which this is not) had anything to do with the CMC, we'd have seen some non-licensed merchandise making this point before now.

I was referring to the fact that the Squishy Pops line is going to have a focus on cutie marks...I was not referring to the actual Rainbow Power/Cutie Mark Magic lines. :) I was not disagreeing with your conclusion simply saying that, at this point, we dont know either way whether this is going to actually be reflected in the show or whether its just a licensee rushing to use some back reference (although Hasbro will likely have something to say about such a blatant misrepresented product no doubt).
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 07:48:46 AM »
although Hasbro will likely have something to say about such a blatant misrepresented product no doubt.

Considering how often they misrepresent the characters in design or personality in their own toys, I doubt they care or even can tell one character from another  :lol:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 07:50:20 AM »
Me and a friend were discussing the symbols for the 3 fillies. It got me looking around for some other discussions about how the symbols are connected to the ponies in FiM.

While I agree that the butterfly for Scootaloo is kind of off given for who she is in a sense, maybe we are overlooking something :shrug:

I do know that some of the symbols seem not to match but when you are trying to figure out what the symbol relates to (Talent, Skill, Special Ability, Personality)

Sweetie Belle is a Talented (or gifted) singer/song writer
Scootaloo is a Skillful acrobat/daredevil/choreographer
Applebloom is a Skillful craftsman/builder/artisan

While some of the adults

Pinkie Pie has an ability to make ponies smile (but she does it mostly through parties so she is a skillful party planner)
Fluttershy is like a butterfly in her personality (gentle most of the time)
Rarity has an ability in Gem Finding (but her skills lie in sewing)
Applejack... after 4 seasons I still really haven't figured her out because everything dealing with her mostly deals with the farm which seems to be how it is for all the Apple Family... so she is kind of bland in someways in that department (Sorry all you AJ fans but it's sort of true XD)
Rainbow Dash is a Thrill seeker/speed devil (personality wise)
Twilight's ability is magic.. pretty much everything she does revolves around that
Big Mac.. again we don't really know since he is pretty much a work horse and most of what he does relates to the Farm...

From my understanding, many of the ponies get their symbols when they discover who they are and not just based on some of what I listed above.. Maybe Scootaloo's is just who she is and nothing related to what she really does.. Kind of like Cheerilee, they found away to explain her symbol in the show in some way.. if I even make sense now XD

I think the butterfly makes sense. Butterflies are thought of as graceful, and her talent is related to dancing, so there's kind of a connection.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 07:56:47 AM »
although Hasbro will likely have something to say about such a blatant misrepresented product no doubt.

Considering how often they misrepresent the characters in design or personality in their own toys, I doubt they care or even can tell one character from another  :lol:

ROFL - valid point! :) Although I do think the misrepresentation tends to come through things like personality and playsets - Pinkies Boutique being a major case in point. Names and symbols those are things that identify the trademark of the toy so they are usually a bit more respectful. Licensees are provided with in depth contracts and licensing packs - which are basically guides on the brand and what can and cannot be used. I would be surprised if a company like Tech4Kids which has so many MLP releases, is not working to this. Not to say they havent skipped outside it but it is a risk to your license if you misrepresent the brand.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2014, 08:10:37 AM »
Personally I'm sceptical about anything coming from a licensed product and not from Hasbro itself. But I suppose we'll see :B.

Hasbro cares nothing about the details of the show. May I remind you of Lulamoon or Buttonbelle or Mint Jewelup's names? Nurse Redheart's cutie mark? Flower Wishes or Lily Valley's species? Sapphire Shores or Junebug's entire designs?

To be fair, Nurse Redheart's symbol *was* "show accurate" for her mini figure release, it was only later they changed it. They likely changed it to avoid problems with the Red Cross; I've heard they're very protective over the red cross symbol.

Since Sapphire Shores and Junebug are both re-used names from G3, I'm guessing the blind bags sharing those names are just coincedences. (I doubt the blind bag designers know about every character that appeared in FiM) Like how G4 has both Cupcake/Sugarcup (toys) and Mrs. Cup Cake (show).

Sapphire Shores is somewhat of a moot point anyway, considering there's an upcoming Equestria Girls doll with the FiM design for Sapphire. :P

(Who's Mint Jewelup? :o)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2014, 08:56:37 AM »

ROFL - valid point! :) Although I do think the misrepresentation tends to come through things like personality and playsets - Pinkies Boutique being a major case in point. Names and symbols those are things that identify the trademark of the toy so they are usually a bit more respectful. Licensees are provided with in depth contracts and licensing packs - which are basically guides on the brand and what can and cannot be used. I would be surprised if a company like Tech4Kids which has so many MLP releases, is not working to this. Not to say they havent skipped outside it but it is a risk to your license if you misrepresent the brand.

Yeah, the worst one for me is PTS's FS toy - "Twilight Sparkle always has a purse for every occasion". Uhuh. So of all the caveats of her personality in the past 2-3 seasons before that toy came out, you picked...one that never came up....ever. Nice work. As well as the talking princesses having their roles and personalities reduced to "teehee isn't my hair pretty"  :blink:

I wonder if that's why the cutie marks are re-dos of their G3 ones? Wanting to use those characters but needing something to fill in the gap and just using what was convenient -eg, an already existing relation to MLP? (plus a simple new design for AppleBloom)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Melodia

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Eurobeat Pony
    • View Profile
    • My flickr
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2014, 01:35:19 PM »
If anyone has extras to trade please let me know! I have two extra Fluttershys and 1 Pinkie. I need them all exept Pinkie/Rarity/Fluttershy :)

extras:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2014, 02:19:48 PM »
I finally saw the Squishy pops or whatever they are at TRU- and although they are cute, I was surprised at the price (seems high)

Re the cutie mark issue-  I wouldn't be surprised one way or the other if the cutie marks showing up on these toys were what the show actually uses, or based on complete speculation by the toy making side of things who based the cutie marks on their own google-searches.

Seriously- how else do you think it is that Equestria Girl Photo Finish got TWILIGHT's cutie mark slapped on her face and packaging?  Obviously they came up with the doll before her official cutie mark was finally decided on.  It was a running joke before that that she had Twilight's cutie mark since there are screenshots on the web showing twilight's mark poking out from her dress. But THAT was just because the animators were recycling and recoloring a Twilight vector, and never bothered to change the cutie mark since it was not really particularly visible... http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130124073855/mlp/images/3/38/Photo_Finish's_cutie_mark_S1E20.png

Anyway, I'm just saying that we can't really make assumptions for the upcoming show based on what the toymakers are currently doing,  and as it appears that the animators only just finished the next season, I have some doubt that they shared images with the toys division..

EeveeMUA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2015, 06:50:38 PM »
Anyone else notice/think they look somewhat older too in the link Flitter shared, or is it just me?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal