collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CMC Cutie Marks - Maybe Spoiler  (Read 5343 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: CMC Cutie Marks - Maybe Spoiler
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 09:34:14 AM »
My only issue with this is that Scootaloo's doesn't really fit her  :huh: , so I wonder how they would make the butterfly reflect her unique personality and talent. The others are cute, though :biggrin:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 09:36:50 AM »
I really don't think this is anything canon, just a quick mock-up for that charm set.

I just can't see hasbro going with a design like that for Scootaloo. It doesn't suit her character, and Fluttershy already has butterflies. And weren't they hinting at musical talent for Sweetie Belle in season 1?
Applebloom's is cute though, I wouldn't mind if they went with the heart apple :)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 10:05:27 AM »
Who's next to Sweetie Drops/Bon Bon all the way to the right?  Doesn't look like Lyra...

I'm pretty sure it is Lyra, but she's in front of dark blue flowers, so it makes her mane look weird.  :P
I'll put something here some time

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 11:19:36 AM »
Hm, the picture isn't showing up for me.. Oh well.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 12:40:01 PM »
I just can't see hasbro going with a design like that for Scootaloo. It doesn't suit her character, and Fluttershy already has butterflies. And weren't they hinting at musical talent for Sweetie Belle in season 1?

My only issue with this is that Scootaloo's doesn't really fit her  :huh: , so I wonder how they would make the butterfly reflect her unique personality and talent. The others are cute, though :biggrin:

'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee' maybe? Butterflies are pretty agile, and fly well despite being small and delicate. Sweetie Belle's potential mark is swirls coming out of a heart, her talent seems to be something to do with singing/songwriting/composing music... Listen to the music in your heart and express yourself? Apple Bloom's fruit/seed mark is pretty straight forward - she's a small pony with big potential, she understands and uses complex technical procedures to build (grow) various things - the clubhouse, the float parade, etc.

Honestly I really like the G3 cutie marks and wouldn't mind if they were incorporated into the show. The reasoning for Cheerilee's cutie mark design makes hardly as much sense, and Rarity's mark design and story about how she discovered it definitely echo her original trait of inspiration rather than generosity. If they give us some half-baked reasoning and slap the marks on them, I'll just be happy that plot point is wrapped up and they can hopefully grow and mature as characters.  :P

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 12:59:24 PM »
The original pic is not showing up for me either. On my iPhone or my PC. :-(
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 01:06:34 PM »
TBH Hasbro has a history of taking fan art n' putting it on their website, so I'm sort of doubtful.
Still, I'd love for these to be canon! Especially since they re-used Scootaloo and Sweetie's symbols from G3.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 01:08:29 PM »
sorry fixed pic!

photo credit Jordan N in SLC, UT
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:10:23 PM by gabumon »

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 01:12:10 PM »
Here's the timeline, for reference:

1. Kat Stenson (aka Glamourkat) draws a picture that shows Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle with their G3 cutie marks. She also makes a new one for Apple Bloom.
2. Stenson is hired by DHX as a layout artist for MLP.
3. Stenson's image, which she drew before working for MLP, is used in a cookbook.
4. Tech4Kids somehow discovers that image (presumably in cookbook form) and uses it as the basis for their licensed merchandise.
5. Hasbro apparently doesn't object.

How exactly Tech4Kids discovered the image is unclear. Either Hasbro could have pointed them to it, or else they could have searched for an image with the tags cmc, older, official and found it and worked from there. The two possibilities differ in how much Hasbro is invested in that particular set of cutie marks, but in neither case does this mean anything about season 5.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »
Scratch what I said before- I just saw more merchandise with the same cutie mark designs. I think this is the real deal, guys.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 01:26:34 PM »
Let's also not forget:

This figure, showing Princess Luna using her design from Season 1 Episode 2 that never appeared again, is on shelves right now.

This is what Hasbro thought Cheerilee's cutie mark was as recently as last year. It was fixed for the easter singles and the upcoming Rainbow Power singles, but her Equestria Girls doll, which hasn't even come out yet, is using this older design again.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 03:07:13 PM »
Here's the timeline, for reference:

1. Kat Stenson (aka Glamourkat) draws a picture that shows Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle with their G3 cutie marks. She also makes a new one for Apple Bloom.
2. Stenson is hired by DHX as a layout artist for MLP.
3. Stenson's image, which she drew before working for MLP, is used in a cookbook.
4. Tech4Kids somehow discovers that image (presumably in cookbook form) and uses it as the basis for their licensed merchandise.
5. Hasbro apparently doesn't object.

How exactly Tech4Kids discovered the image is unclear. Either Hasbro could have pointed them to it, or else they could have searched for an image with the tags cmc, older, official and found it and worked from there. The two possibilities differ in how much Hasbro is invested in that particular set of cutie marks, but in neither case does this mean anything about season 5.

We dont know that either of the last parts are true though. Not saying in the long run it may not turn out to be that way; but right now we dont know where Tech4Kids came across or were given those symbols. Heck, it could just be that as this new line of theirs is relying on cutie marks as a big element of their line and they wanted to include the CMC they have just gone with a gap filler that will in the long run be irrelevant but at least allows them to include these characters.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2014, 06:18:42 PM »
Finally, molded figures of Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo that actually look cute! Actually, they all look really nice, I kinda want them all.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2014, 06:50:33 PM »
given the information, I think the cutie marks are real.

just reminds me that Hasbro just makes toys for young girls and doesn't have expectations that anyone cares that the CMCs marks are revealed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal