collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever have a pony you like, but a symbol you hate?  (Read 6569 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ever have a pony you like, but a symbol you hate?
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2014, 11:10:12 AM »
I'm not fond of ponies with food symbols.  Doesn't it seem a little odd that ponies would have pictures of human food on them, especially Munchy who has meat-based foods pictured on her?  In some places in the world ponies are used as meat, so a pony with meat symbols just seems a bit strange.  Fruits and vegetable are one thing, but sweets and baked goods are another.

I agree that meat products are weird (and hilarious, in my country salami made of horse is normal) but the ponies are also living in houses instead of the wild and they have pony clothes and pony this and pony that - why stop at baked goods? Many ponies are excellent bakers ;)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2014, 11:39:42 AM »
I'm not fond of ponies with food symbols.  Doesn't it seem a little odd that ponies would have pictures of human food on them, especially Munchy who has meat-based foods pictured on her?  In some places in the world ponies are used as meat, so a pony with meat symbols just seems a bit strange.  Fruits and vegetable are one thing, but sweets and baked goods are another.

I agree that meat products are weird (and hilarious, in my country salami made of horse is normal) but the ponies are also living in houses instead of the wild and they have pony clothes and pony this and pony that - why stop at baked goods? Many ponies are excellent bakers ;)

Yeh I came to this conclusion. At the end of the day... they don't have hands!! Half the stuff ponies supposedly do is not physically possible without opposable thumbs, so we just suspend disbelief. I reckon if we suspend disbelief over something like that, then it's no holds barred :)

P.S. is that really you in the pic? If so, wow congrats on the body/costume!!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2014, 01:50:28 PM »

Rofl, I never said my avatar was me. It's a model ^^

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2014, 04:29:27 PM »

Rofl, I never said my avatar was me. It's a model ^^

Weeell, if it's OK I'll still think of him as 'you' in my head, cos he's your avatar and he does look pretty cool :D
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »
Baby Moondancer has a cute symbol... but someone here (I have no idea who!) mentioned it looks like a sad face, and now I can't unsee it!

That's how I see it too and I can't "unsee" it! xD

Before this thread I had no idea a Chuck E Cheese pony existed... geez what a buzzkill, that creepy rat face on a cute little pony, hahaha. That is pretty bad.

Flippity Flop or whatever her name is really annoys me... I hate shoes and sandal imagery at the best of times, on a pony it's just weird.

I love all the variations of Minty, but I always thought it really weird G1 Minty's symbol was a four-leaf clover.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2014, 04:58:10 PM »
Oh I just remembered - Speedy

I may have said that about Baby Moondancer, sorry. I was a depressed child so I'm getting her! In fact I need one NOW!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal