collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Virginia Pony Meet~! (Sep 1st in Emporia, VA)  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Virginia Pony Meet~! (Sep 1st in Emporia, VA)
« on: August 11, 2013, 02:00:32 PM »
I think there may have been whispers of meetups for Virginia here and there. I'm here to tell you guys that the VA Pony Meet is coming! (In case anyone didn't know.) I just finished designing the website! Check it out and hope to see you there!  :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Virginia Pony Meet~! (Sep 1st in Emporia, VA)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 04:49:45 PM »
I know several collectors from the Virginia area... hope all of you have a blast! :cheer: One year I will definitely make the drive, but we have 2 weddings to attend that weekend, so this year is not going to happen for me.

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 05:56:49 PM »
Hmm... that's about 160 mile trip (one way) for me. I've never been to a meet before so I might consider going. I don't really have anything to swap besides G3s and I know they aren't very popular.

Offline Stellaluna

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 07:02:35 PM »
I know what you mean. I'm just trying to get rid of all my G3's myself. I'm moving and just need them gone. I think I'll either just give them out or ask $1 for each of them.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 05:00:02 AM »
Even though I've been part of the pony community for about 15 years, I've never been to a meet. I don't think I'll ever got to one, either. :( I'm sorry; I just can't be around so many people.

Offline Watercolors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 05:36:09 AM »
I would love to go and will try my best to go! Emporia is only three hours away from me, so my mom will be glad about that.

When I went to the page, it said the server was busy, so could someone tell me a bit more about it? is there an entrance fee, and what will it be like? I really want to buy a ton of G1's!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 02:43:13 PM »
Oh goodie!  I was starting to get seriously worried that this wasn't being held this year!

Steve and I will be there!  If anyone needs a place to stay, I'm in Richmond VA.  You're welcome to come spend the night and we can carpool.  Feel free to spend the next night too if you need!

I'm not bringing much to sell, but what I have is good:

Mimic
Brown My Pretty Pony
& Fashion Star Filly Dara

If anyone would like one of these, feel free to PM me.  I'd be happy to hold them for you.

I'm currently looking for TAF Baby Love Melody.  I'd be willing to do a full or partial trade for her.

For the meet organizers, if you need any help, please let me know!  I won't have much money this year (Steve is student teaching this semester which is an unpaid full time job), but I do have manpower!  I also have some so-so things I can donate for prizes that someone might like.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 03:25:47 PM »
Would anyone be interested in G3s, playsets, Care Bears (vintage and new), new version LPS, or fakies? I have a ton of all those. I'm trying to decide if I am able to come if it's worth me bringing any of that stuff with me.

Offline Watercolors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 03:27:51 PM »
I might bring some to swap, too! I have Whizzer, Lady Flitter, tons of G3's, and a fashion filly if anyone is interested!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 06:10:48 PM »
Hi all, Sorry I haven't posted yet.

At the moment I don't have internet at home because my laptop died the week before the Fair. I only have internet at work and on my phone (and I'm writing this right now while I'm still at work)

Maycrestmom and Gezibing have been so awesome to help out and get threads going. Gezibing the website looks great so far; hoping to get you some more info on the games/activities and other stuff so you can add it.

Also our AOL email - for anyone who attended the VA meet in the past, for whatever reason, AOL decided to delete all our contacts and email messages. Because princessmaker (Debbie) and I intended to start messaging people right after we were back from the fair, but when I went into the email, everything was gone. This included all our previous lists of contact emails.

PM contacted AOL but we have yet to find out why all our information was deleted.

So if you have attended in the past please be aware we no longer have the contact email list right now. I'm not 100% what will be the best thing to do at this point. The email is working and we can still get and send emails at the aol email, it's just that everything we had saved up in the email system is completely gone.

Post Merge: August 13, 2013, 11:30:39 AM

For more info on the location we are having the meet, the Golden Leaf Commons banquet Hall is a 9,000 square foot room. We will have tables and chairs available. There is also a kitchen area as well.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:30:39 AM by KarentheUnicorn »
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Stellaluna

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 08:29:53 PM »
In addition to my G3's I will also be bringing G3 and G3.5 playsets to give away if anyone wants them including the castle. If I still have my two fashion star fillies in storage I'll bring them as well. I might have a fantasy filly and care, too. Normally, I wouldn't bring so many odds and ends to a meet, but since I'm moving I need these things taken off my hands. :0

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 07:51:44 AM »
I will check with Rowdy to see if we can go!  Sounds great.

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 07:56:18 AM »
That is about 2 hours away for me!!! Hmmmm.....

I am considering attending.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:05:34 AM by WildBlue »

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 04:47:15 PM »
We will have a list of activities soon but I wanted to let everyone know about the custom contest this year.

I ordered and Hasbro has shipped 10 of the blank G3 decorate your own pony. Hopefully they will arrive in time for the meet. Hasbro did send an email saying they've been shipped. They have a limit, I could only get 10 :/

Oh, yes, you will be crafting at the VA meet.

We usually have a custom contest, this year we will be asking you to decorate your custom at the meet. Once the customs are done we will take a vote and the custom with the most votes will win a prize :)

People are welcome to bring their own bate pony to customize, just no customizing till the day of the meet.

I ordered 10 blank ponies just for those who want to be brave and totally do a full custom. I will also try to have some other bate, fakies, etc if people would rather do a different pony. Attendees are welcome to bring some donated bate/fakies for people to choose from to customize.

Also if you would like to help out, please feel free to bring art/customizing supplies. You can either bring things to donate for everyone to use or you can bring your own stuff (If you are already crafty) that you want to use to decorate your custom with.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 08:21:14 PM »
That sounds like fun! I'll see what I can dig up for craft stuff for customs. I have so much random stuff lying around, "multi media" kind of stuff (I like to attach things to custom ponies to cover up my lousy painting skills LOL), little roses, yarns, fake flowers, misc sparkly thingiemabobbies and so forth; if you think people would want to work with that, I'll bring a bunch along.

Question for locals: We're staying over night in Stony Creek. That's only about 20 minutes away from the meet--am I correct about that?

ETA: for those going "Hmmmm" about the drive... We're coming from north of Philadlephia, so.... :P  DO IT!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal