collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spa Day: How to make your So Soft hate you.  (Read 1730 times)

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Spa Day: How to make your So Soft hate you.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 01:17:38 AM »
Yo ho, all hands,
Hoist the ponies high!
Heave ho, colts and fillies,
Lest we never dry!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:20:31 AM by Lhianneth »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 01:51:09 AM »
I dare say UK sun would be more effective for SS sunfading anyway, harsher sunlight would yellow the glue before the stains had faded even a little! Be thankful for that beautiful soft sunlight you have, I have to watch mine like a hawk, and can't fade in my new spot at the moment anyway, because we have wild parrots coming in and dropping seed all over them! I've also lost the morning sun too, because our new neighbours built a gigantic house right beside ours, the butt-faces, no more summer breeze, and no more pony fading! I will find a solution however, even if it means a pony-fading rack on the roof of hubby's car!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

lostpony

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 04:16:02 AM »
What you aren't supposed to carry them by the tail?  I just assumed they were like cats.

It is interesting that at pretty much the same time I fished out a grubby Bouncy I got at a comics store some months ago to clean.  I scrubbed it relentlessly but veeery gently with a soft toothbrush and conditioner and nothing else...also seems a little dingy but clean and has a light whiteness to the flocking it didn't have before and it's drying on its bum, tail-down on a wire shelf in my bathroom.  Probably long dry by now.

I begged off using bleach soaks because of advice maybe a year ago, and this is the first SS I've acquired since then so I had no idea what to actually use on it.  I have been hearing some scary things about Oxy lately and my original uncertainty about it has returned (I can't seem to resist overdoing it on concentration etc so i can't really be trusted with anything even slightly dangerous) so I used what I'm confident won't hurt. 

You don't know, Taffeta, maybe they are happy enough to be rid of the grime that they still like you even after the humiliating tail-hanging.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 09:28:27 AM »
The weather is too changeable to do any kind of attempt at fading at the moment, we have had both storm and sun today :/ Also my mother has landed herself in hospital with a chest infection which has made everything a bit chaotic, sister and I are helping Dad out with stuff. My mother is awesome in all regards except taking seriously her impaired immune system, sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 10:48:08 AM »
The ponies on the clothesline... well, now we know what to do for Halloween on the arena.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 11:10:17 AM »
The weather is too changeable to do any kind of attempt at fading at the moment, we have had both storm and sun today :/ Also my mother has landed herself in hospital with a chest infection which has made everything a bit chaotic, sister and I are helping Dad out with stuff. My mother is awesome in all regards except taking seriously her impaired immune system, sigh.

Hope your mom gets better soon.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 02:02:05 PM »

Hope your mom gets better soon.

Thank you, me too :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 08:25:30 AM »
Sorry about your mom, I hope she gets better really soon!  :(

Spa days can make the best of us look silly. What matters most is what the end result looks like - perhaps you can make it up to them by posting the after photo's of them looking fabulous?

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 09:42:10 AM »
Thank you for the good wishes! She is doing a lot better today. She had a fever of 39.5 degrees celsius (103 Fahrenheit) on Sunday and the doctors sent her to the hospital but her temperature is down and she was much more herself when we went to see her this afternoon. Hopefully she can come home soon. She keeps sending me texts about how bored she is xD.

I need to take photos of all the duplicate ponies I now have, including the So Softs. They are never going to be perfect but they do look a lot better and at least they look hygenic now. There is a little rainbow colour corner of my carpet in front of my pony cupboard at the moment, with them separated into ponies I am keeping and ponies I am selling, but aside wash and brush them while waiting for hospital news, I haven't had time to do much with them.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal