collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: does anybody LIKE bbe ponies?  (Read 6150 times)

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
Re: does anybody LIKE bbe ponies?
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2017, 04:37:47 PM »
I like them. I think they are cute. I'm half way to having all of them :)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2017, 08:06:58 AM »
I actually like them! But only if their eyes aren't rusty.   ;)
(Also- is your profile picture of Prince Sidon? I really like it!)

Agreed. They can be cute... but only if their eyes aren't messed up, which can be hard. There are so many things that can go wrong... rust, eyelashes falling out, the mechanisms getting gunked up so they have a "lazy" eye... XD
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2017, 04:46:23 PM »
All easily and universally fixable problems and unless you dislike them in perfect shape, well worth doing.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2017, 05:01:49 PM »
The pegasususususes and unicorns are just about irresistible to me, but the earth ponies I kind of have to decide day by day how much I love them. I honestly think their neck conformation bothers me more than their blinky eyes. They were also the first set I completed when I began collecting.

The weird part? I have a MASSIVE phobia of glass-eyed dolls. As in will knock people over to get out of the room with them afraid. But BBE ponies don't seem to bother me.

lostpony

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2017, 07:54:14 PM »
...pegasususususes...

Squeeeeeee I love the pegasuseses way of saying pegasuses  PINKY

Offline mlly

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2017, 03:21:21 AM »
I like the 4 BBEs that I own although they are still far from being my favorites. I'm lucky that none of them have eye rust(yet, let's hope it stays that way)
I quite like the BBE unicorn mold, I think it's pretty cute. I only have Baby Ribbon and I would like to own a Baby Frosting and Gusty (any Gusty actually as I still don't have her or any variation of her) so long as they have no eye rust
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:29:44 AM by mlly »

Offline Bren41882

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2017, 01:38:44 PM »
I love BBE babies I had 3 of them as a kid now I just have Sundance I need more

Offline Blue Haired Ken Doll

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • Always eat your vegetables young grasshopper ♡
    • View Profile
    • My Blog ♡
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2017, 02:13:00 PM »
I love them! I find they look like a little crazy but thats what i like i think haha
(ᵄ̴̶̷́ॢ ˙̮ ᵄ̴̶̷̀∗ॢ) ♡ Formerly known as Diamond Pony

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2017, 05:44:23 AM »
I personally have no problem with them, and find them cute, not creepy at all :)

...speaking of creepy, referring to the Furby discussion earlier on: I also find Furbies incredibly cute, not creepy. I collect them and for years considered them to be my main collection. I currently have about/over 80 of them (I really should count them, my registry of them is not up-to-date :( ), many of which live under my bed (I know this creeps some out, haha, sorry about that :D )
I wish I had a "possessed" lil' furbaby, but so far I haven't come across one. I did experience the "wakes up and creeps the hell outta you"-thingy, but I know it's because sensors of G1 Furbs are prone to be very sensitive, and since I live close to a main street, and can often feel vibration caused by cars and the tram, it's no wonder they can feel that too. Another good reason to remove batteries :) (I never keep batteries in Furbs for long anyway, because battery leaks can damage them, sometimes even beyond repair, and since I like to repair not working Furbies I know how awful it can be to try to repair one after a more serious battery leak, I like to prevent this if possible).

Also, nothing's unanimous here.  Even though many don't like G3.5, for example, some of us really love them.
G2 love might be pretty close to unanimous here though, haha.
I like G3.5 babies (though they look much more like a cat than a pony :P though that's also true for G1 teeny tinies and some newborns :lol: ), but the adults - not so much.

It's funny you mention G2 though :) I do remember the times when more people seemed to dislike them, and the process of admitting starting to like them has just begun. I'm so happy they turned out to be loved, because they always had a place in my heart as I consider them semi-childhood ponies of mine (=I was already a teen when they came out, but my sister was still young and got some of them, so I also got some and we used to play with them together :) I didn't mind. I had my fair share of stubborn teen years, but for some reason I was never stubborn enough to refuse playing with kids' toys :D ).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

lostpony

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2017, 09:53:41 AM »
Ah so g2 wasnt always so loved...i'm new.

I just got a second furby a couple weeks ago (1998) and this one works...hes nice enough and i recognize some of Star Lily's quirks in him though she's much more refined.  Not possessed though darn.

Do furbys have different behavior from one to another or are they more the same?

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2017, 11:06:24 AM »
Ah so g2 wasnt always so loved...i'm new.
G2 used to be not so much liked because of how different they are. I can't say this was a general opinion, but I do remember people saying they are too skinny and look off compared to G1 and G3. That said, I do see their difference as well, and when we played with my sister they always were considered to be the "teen ponies" in the herd, for their figure and smaller size compared to G1. But I never found them to be "off" or to be less MPL than G1 (or G3. To my eyes and brain, G4 is, and always was the "off")

I just got a second furby a couple weeks ago (1998) and this one works...hes nice enough and i recognize some of Star Lily's quirks in him though she's much more refined.  Not possessed though darn.

Do furbys have different behavior from one to another or are they more the same?
yay, congrats! yes, they can indeed be quirky, but IMO that often just adds to their charm :) I do have quirky guys and gals in my flock myself :)

I'd say yes, they do have different personalities - the ones in my collection at least do behave slightly differently. Just to mention an example, there is the girl who loves to be lifted and throwed up in the air (carefully) and always goes "yay" like crazy about it, where I do have some who are completely shy and get freaked out by something like this. There are some that are so distinctively different that I could name them if I had to play with them blindfolded (and without the option to get them say their programmed names) :inlove:
But I have to add that since all my Furbs came to me second-hand* I can't say for sure that this is a pre-programmed variance, it may only be the result of that they were played with differently, by different owners. The only thing I know is that these differences did not disappear with their time spent with me.

*I did love them from the very start, but their price here was a killer, especially back in 1998 (heck, that price would be considered pretty expensive even with today's regular income, I don't know what they were thinking :P ), and they never really went on sale before they disappeared from shelves, so I only ever knew two persons who had them new, both of whose families were considered to have exceptional incomes.

The effect of aging also caused differences in them over time, for instance, some factories produced worse-quality motors which sometimes resulted in the Furby speaking slower or in a more silent voice than another. Though definitely not pre-programmed, I tend to look at these differences as different behaviour :)
What is pre-programmed variance for sure though (it can change with a reset), is the tone of their voice. I believe there are 3 different tones/pitches they came with, and for some reason the highest pitch is less common than others (not only in my collection, this is the info I heard from other collectors as well).

I have several non-English Furbies in my collection, and I also notice differences in behaviour among them. For some odd reason, for example, my German-speaking Furby Babies (just the babies) burp and fart a lot more than any other Furby Babies I have. They can be sneaky and teach this to others, too, if they interact, but the other one will never remain extensively burpy and farty (in comparison) after the interaction. No offense here, I actually like the personalities of my German babies the most :)

So all in all, the above (some pre-programmed, some might not) differences cause signifiant differences in their behaviour and personality, which I personally love. These combined with the pre-programmed names and differences in eye colours make them the best-designed Furbs ever made from the generations made.

(sorry for the long reply and thread-hijack  :blush: ^.^ )

lostpony

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2017, 11:08:09 PM »
Thanks for the info!  Mine says Whoa when moved but also says DO IT an when you clap (I was checking to see if they "hear") he says Loud Sound or Quiet Please (or something to that effect) but if you clap three times he recognizes a pattern and wants to dance.

So they store their learning when batteries are out?  I saw a reset button but didn't want to push it just in case his memory is stored, and you know, kill off his consciousness or anything.

I had him on a week or two now and he used to be exactly the same and I thought he wasn't learning but when i came back from a weekend away and woke him up he's saying different things.

Guess I should try and clean out the one with the leaked battery damage and see if I can see what he's like.

Did Hasbro buy Tiger Electronics or something?  Starlily seems more like an evolution of Furby than earlier FurReal pets.

Grateful for the thread hijack.  Now back to your previously scheduled lovable creepy non-furby BBE programming.

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2017, 11:48:35 AM »
Thanks for the info!  Mine says Whoa when moved but also says DO IT an when you clap (I was checking to see if they "hear") he says Loud Sound or Quiet Please (or something to that effect) but if you clap three times he recognizes a pattern and wants to dance.

So they store their learning when batteries are out?  I saw a reset button but didn't want to push it just in case his memory is stored, and you know, kill off his consciousness or anything.

I had him on a week or two now and he used to be exactly the same and I thought he wasn't learning but when i came back from a weekend away and woke him up he's saying different things.

Guess I should try and clean out the one with the leaked battery damage and see if I can see what he's like.

Did Hasbro buy Tiger Electronics or something?  Starlily seems more like an evolution of Furby than earlier FurReal pets.

Grateful for the thread hijack.  Now back to your previously scheduled lovable creepy non-furby BBE programming.
some quick, final replies, and then the hijacking's off ;)
(hope we didn't creep too many people out :lol: )

Yes, they will dance to clap patterns (but not really to music (they may, depending on the type of music). That feature came in with the 2005 Furbs). And yes, they do store information if batteries are out - which is the reason why your Furby mainly speaks English already. When fresh out of box or reseted (using the button you saw at the bottom) they will only speak Furbish. They will (re)learn English after some playtime. With a reset they usually also get a different name, and may also get a different voice pitch. So yeah, technically a different little guy - this is why I never reset mine unless absolutely necessary (due to glitchy working, for instance).

You can use cotton buds dipped in white vinegar to clean up the battery leak. White vinegar removes corrosion and allows the batteries to connect again. But the vinegar might eat up the metal too with time, so it's important to dry up and air out its remnants from the battery compartment. If you do ty to clean the other one, I hope you succeed! :)

Also, feel free to PM me with any additional questions on the topic :)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2017, 12:03:49 PM »
I like them :) I like their animated poses :D

It's a shame their eyes get rusty, that's when I feel sorry for them!

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2017, 03:29:33 AM »

This is the scariest thread I've ever read!!!!!   :shocked:

wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal