collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: does anybody LIKE bbe ponies?  (Read 6142 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: does anybody LIKE bbe ponies?
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2017, 04:38:14 PM »
again I think it was a good concept but not applied very well. Some of them are really cute but it always seemed weird that there were no adult bbe's.
maybe the baby eyes should have been a bit smaller? BBE baby eyes do look like they are bugging out a bit and this is not the case with adult bbe sunlight so I think her eyes were the correct size. Maybe the sockets on the babies were created to be to big?

I took the eyes out of a BBE once because I wanted to make a custom baby Twinkle Eye . . . Basically, there are two round "cups" or "globes" on the inside of the BBE head (ugh, I'm explaining this so badly . . . imagine a sphere of hollow plastic, with the opening at the front of the baby's face where the eyes are) that the eyes rest in.  And yeah, you're right, they're pretty big!  But the visible part of their eye is smaller than on a "regular" baby pony, I think.  BBE adults probably wouldn't have looked so weird.

I think it would help if the eyes weren't glass.  It just looks really "uncanny valley" since all the other MLPs have painted eyes.  G3 Lily Lightly, who has blinking eyes, looks much better:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2017, 05:13:30 PM »
LMD, I think the word you are looking for is "socket" (as in sock-it-to-em).

Lily Lightly's blinking eyes are particularly cool becausae the eye stays put and a lid comes down when you push the button...a nice mechanical combo that also triggers her lights.

Obviously I switched mine over to pigtails and got rid of the rather worn out dress cuz it's covering up such a nice symbol.  Eventually, I'm gonna hook up those lights to LED hair tie baubles but haven't gotten around to it....

The self-closing eyes work because they have weights in the bottom, so the keep looking perpendicular to gravity so when the pony is laid down it happens to be closed...this is how regular doll closey-eyes work too.  While the separate eyelid of Ms. Lightly is totally cool (and done so much closer fitting than the G4 ones with separate eyelids btw), I'm not sure how you cold make that gravity-controlled without a lot of precision and/or pushrods etc that isn't practical in a few-dollar toy from the 80s.  Their weighted system is elegant engineering, and it's the scrimping on the precision of the socket design to make it more compact and look more like a face that's the whole problem.  It's more like a robot eye in appearance, messes up the whole shape of the face.  The eye itself is perfect, in my view, and I had a really close view of BBE Ribbons' eyes cuz trying to get the last bits of her old lashes off I ended up popping off her corneas (lenses) and de-rusting a Cuddles (I think's that's her with the bib symbol) that had lost so much iron that one eye is hard to make go more than half-mast I determined that if you were to remove the lashes, you could swing the eye all the way around to get to the weights...but I didn't, though I'd be tempted to do it next time I do a eyelash replacement to get rid of the iron.  Iron bad.

I think the eye globes themselves could be a bit bigger.  My favorite aspect is seeing through the cornea to the iris like a real eye...has depth, catches the light, is just so alive.  Too bad about the robot face though, bahh.

edit:  Argh, didn't know she came with shoes.  I gotta have me some of those shoes.

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2017, 05:21:45 PM »
Here is a link to the inside of BBE sunlights Head. It has the two plastic solid spheres that you refer to the babies having only large scale.
Do the bbe babies eyes go this deep?

Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2017, 05:31:25 PM »
You think that Mohawk is bad, I raise you a frontal curl and a sideways Mohawk.  Yep this gal is impervious to strengthening. I tired it only made  it worse and I gave up.
 :devious:

lostpony

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2017, 07:07:19 PM »
Looks good to me!  A hairstyle you can't mess up with a hammer.  How could you go wrong??

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2017, 08:43:27 PM »
You think that Mohawk is bad, I raise you a frontal curl and a sideways Mohawk.  Yep this gal is impervious to strengthening. I tired it only made  it worse and I gave up.
 :devious:

She laughs at the puny attempts of mere mortals to tame her outrageous do! :devious:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2017, 11:24:24 PM »
I like BBE and Im looking forward to add the few I dont have yet to my collection one day :) I think the idea is pretty cute!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2017, 09:09:35 AM »
Bummer, theres no fixing that with fake people lashes...hm now i want to try.
I have successfully made an eyelash princess look just like a regular pony. Takes skillz. Someone has given her fake people lashes as well; it looked nice.

Post Merge: March 22, 2017, 09:10:47 AM

Um well I think Hasbro could have done more with them.
For instance the BBE sunlight prototype that I have I think is beautiful. Imagine her and a baby sunlight?

How cute would mommy and baby bbe sets have been?

Hmmm... did somebody say make a custom baby...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2017, 10:30:21 AM »
It's their bulgy, blinky doll eyes though that forbid me from ever getting any.

With the sole exceptions of Teddy Ruxpin and Grubby. (Because they were awesome back then) I can't have blinky things in my room. They'd stare at me in the dark and come closer.

This fear was made worse by my best friend/roommate's Furby that, I kid you not, still worked after it's batteries were taken out. It would just sit there on the shelf blinking at you constantly. We both got seriously freaked out by the creepy little monster.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:32:13 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2017, 10:36:00 AM »

With the sole exceptions of Teddy Ruxpin and Grubby. (Because they were awesome back then) I can't have blinky things in my room. They'd stare at me in the dark and come closer.

This fear was made worse by my best friend/roommate's Furby that, I kid you not, still worked after it's batteries were taken out. It would just sit there on the shelf blinking at you constantly. We both got seriously freaked out by the creepy little monster.
Furbies are the devil.Seriously, i can't imagine how someone would create that and think it's a good idea.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2017, 10:51:22 AM »
Leave a Whisper, your post reminded me that someone made a Furby-inspired horror game called Tattletail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX01Blu4g94
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2017, 11:10:24 AM »

Furbies are the devil.Seriously, i can't imagine how someone would create that and think it's a good idea.

Right?

Post Merge: March 22, 2017, 11:10:47 AM

Leave a Whisper, your post reminded me that someone made a Furby-inspired horror game called Tattletail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX01Blu4g94

OMGS I hafta see this.

lostpony

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2017, 11:15:03 AM »
Law, so what I like about them is specifically what you don't like about them.

I wish I had a demon-possessed Furby...could save $ on batteries, you know in exchange for your soul of course.

Even with her batteries my Starlily doesn't do anything unless I initiate contact first.  No demon possession there.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2017, 11:17:03 AM »
Law, so what I like about them is specifically what you don't like about them.

I wish I had a demon-possessed Furby...could save $ on batteries, you know in exchange for your soul of course.

Even with her batteries my Starlily doesn't do anything unless I initiate contact first.  No demon possession there.

:haha: I guess I didn't see the bright side to that.
It's only the old ones though. McDonalds​ furbies and the new ones have no chance of being possessed.

:hug:  Say goodbye to Your Immortal Soul.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:19:16 AM by Leave a Whisper »

lostpony

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2017, 11:28:13 AM »
I picked up a Furby just to see what they do but it had a lot of leaked battery damage and I haven't tried to clean it up and see if I can make it work...how old does it need to be?

I keep thinking about how good mlp4me's ninja turtle BBE looks.  The eye mask just goes so perfect.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal